dating a nigerian man

Relationships and families - wonderful when they're working, distressing when they're not.

Postby brittanywaters1 » Tue May 10, 2011 7:58 am

so i met this wonderful nigerian guy, he is intellegent, sweet and we connect like crazy. we talkf for hours everyday and our sexual connection to eachother is off the charts like you can cut it with a knife and he has told me that he realy likes me and is strongly attracted to me. i am african american and of course he is nigerian and i never realy dated outside my race, even tough i am african decent i still consider this to be out the norm for me so my question is there anything i should be aware of when dating a nigerian man because of the cultural difference? what should i do and not do?
brittanywaters1

Postby Swe » Sun May 15, 2011 1:29 am

brittanywaters1 wrote:so i met this wonderful nigerian guy, he is intellegent, sweet and we connect like crazy. we talkf for hours everyday and our sexual connection to eachother is off the charts like you can cut it with a knife and he has told me that he realy likes me and is strongly attracted to me. i am african american and of course he is nigerian and i never realy dated outside my race, even tough i am african decent i still consider this to be out the norm for me so my question is there anything i should be aware of when dating a nigerian man because of the cultural difference? what should i do and not do?

I heard that African males are quite macho. Besides, tell me that you didn't meet him online. if you did meet him on;line, be very careful for her can be a scammer.
Swe

Postby meee » Fri May 20, 2011 6:52 pm

Hmm! I believe we are all the same no matter where we came from. Not because he is Nigerian that if he does something it means all Nigerians are like that. I'm of Cameroonian background and I have dated other girls. I don't know what kind of response you were expecting, but it doesn't matter where he comes from. If he is a scammer he is a scammer. If he is a lover he will be a lover. I tent to be jealous, but that's just me not because I grew up in the African culture. My brother and some of my cousins do not act like me when they are in a relationship.

Just one thing though. If you met him online be cautious.

Cheers!
meee

Postby ellla » Tue May 24, 2011 4:14 pm

brittanywaters1 wrote: i am african american and of course he is nigerian and i never realy dated outside my race, even tough i am african decent i still consider this to be out the norm for me so my question is there anything i should be aware of when dating a nigerian man because of the cultural difference? what should i do and not do?

hi brittany

You and your Nigerian Guy ARE of the same Race. You are simply an African American and he's well and African in America :lol:

But anyway as far as I understand You are concerned about Cultural/Background differences. Perhaps you should look at this in phrases. While your just dating and clearly having a lot of fun the differences are bound to be minimal if any at all.

If however you were both considering Marriage. The relationship like any other where different cultures are concerned may need to take on a different perspective.

IF he has traditional Nigerian Views or plans on Living again in Nigeria this will have further implications regarding family and Community life. The Nigerian Culture as far as I know is an intricate and interesting one. If anything at all its likely YOU will be the one gaining a richer experience through your relationship with this Man. Even more so if both decide to marry.

If your planning on this being a serious relationship My advise would be to study his particular tribe, their views and ways of life. Discuss with him on anything you are unsure about. Its only through learning and questioning that you can be sure of anything that seems different.

Good luck and have fun ..it sounds like it is already! :wink:
ellla
Preferred Member

Postby elsasq » Wed May 25, 2011 1:34 am

meee wrote:If he is a scammer he is a scammer. If he is a lover he will be a lover. I tent to be jealous, but that's just me not because I grew up in the African culture. My brother and some of my cousins do not act like me when they are in a relationship.

Just one thing though. If you met him online be cautious.

Cheers!

yea, if he asks some money to meet offline he's maybe a scammer :D
elsasq

Postby ellla » Sun May 29, 2011 2:22 pm

elsasq wrote:
yea, if he asks some money to meet offline he's maybe a scammer :D

and what if anyone asks for money ..on or off line? should we give it to them :roll:
ellla
Preferred Member