Can't keep a job/Problems with Authority

Workplace issues including management skills, personal effectiveness, motivation and personal development / self improvement.

Postby Reflections » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:59 am

Heya Everyone, First time poster.

I'm 22 years old. And in the past year i've gone through about 6-7 jobs, All of them which i have quit myself.
So heres the problem. I find it hard to follow the "keep your mouth shut/Your only there for the money" Most of the time while im at a job everything is ok, i show up on time, i work, i get along with everyone, intill something Usually related to someone im working with or a supervisor comes up and just ruins everything for me.

Today i quit a new job that i've only been at for 1 week, Its factory work, Yes meaningless, boring, and repetative. I got Yelled at for talking but i wasn't talking at all, I was answering somebody else's question. The thing is though, most of the time when the supervisors are not around, Everyone is idol for half the day and they do nothing. Now the key word here is yelled, Is being yelled at an Appropriate way to deal or treat a worker or should he of came up to me and spoke to me in a normal manner about workplace rules?
I felt sick in the stomuch I lost my temper and i just had to leave, to me he was just a bully, and i've had to deal with bullies throughout my whole time in school From day 1, When he yelled, I couldn't handle being there. at all.

Before that i had another factory job that i was at for around 5 months i quit because of a highly dangerous safety concern about what a certain person was doing in the factory, yet the manager wasn't prepared to do anything about it because i couldn't prove it, Even if he was putting the lifes of other people at risk, I had to leave i couldn't bear being there after that.

Like i mention before i had been buillied terribly through out my school years. I didnt actually finish school because of this, By the time i was half way through Highschool i was just so Down and out about the whole thing and i just didnt want to be there.
Now its like.... Every job i have..Someone does something to get on my nerves, actually i should say someone bullies me and i can't handle it so i ethier Lose my temper or just quit.

I was really hoping to get some insight. I've never had Counselling or anything like that. I do get down occasionally but im not sure if im actually clinnically depressed which could be causing issues with people at work.

Anyway Sorry for the long post i just had to get this off my chest :roll:
Reflections

Postby jurplesman » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:44 am

Maybe a self-help psychotherapy course may help you how to handle bullies and improve your social skills;

Self-help Psychotherapy Course
jurplesman

Postby Creevie » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:12 pm

I find it hard also, to just keep my mouth shut and be there for the money, or be fake just so i can earn another insurance sale. i have a great problem with inauthenticity and non-integrity.

you know what, i think we innately feel that the other party who's bossing around is just wanting a display of power to show off, at our expense, which we don't quite get the morals at the bottom of.

that's a kind of low-level, shallow existence that we're being exposed to anytime we witness, or are being subjected to, that kind of absolute authority only-listen-to-me 'power'.

that's y i always have problem when ppl say i'm blunt. it's hard for me to find satisfying work!

then people say i gotta go for counselling. don't they know that the healthcare system only kills? they label everything; ADD, ADHD, Autism, Aspergers, Bipolar, Anger management, and one more recently that has a three letter abbreviation that basically describes a problem with young children refusing to listen to authority and who adopts hostile attitudes towards adults.

the majority of ppl who buy into labels have all been brainwashed.

i'm struggling to make money, to be honest. money's important, especially where i'm living, considered a highly successful developing country. yet, i refuse to bow to money, and the meaningless hours of work just existing like a zombie and waiting for time to pass is excruiciating. seriously.

how nice to know there's someone out there like me.

i'm 27 btw, and haven't been able to hold down a job for more than a year, and it's looking bad on my resume. and i even hate to be so fake as to tailor my resume to appeal to potential employers, or to even do up a resume. f***ed up.

cheers to you for not losing connection with who you really are, and being so sensitive and in connection with your feelings, for they are our GPS for life. other ppl are just numbed out.

cheers to you bro.
Creevie

Postby Candid » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:54 pm

Creevie wrote:the majority of ppl who buy into labels have all been brainwashed.
Indeed.

i'm struggling to make money, to be honest. money's important, especially where i'm living, considered a highly successful developing country. yet, i refuse to bow to money, and the meaningless hours of work just existing like a zombie and waiting for time to pass is excruiciating. seriously.
This is where your trouble lies. You need to think about why you're working: to earn money so you can pay your way. In that sense you're working for yourself, not a boss.

Since both of you seem to get jobs easily, and it's only a matter of time before your job-hopping starts to work against you, you need to look for the right job now. The right job is the one with the fun factor. Hint: The fun factor will most likely come from your workmates.

The fact is, if you find a job you enjoy
you won't feel as if you're controlled by an authority figure
you'll be able to stay longer and feel good about it
and
you're more likely to find workmates you get along with

Now go to it, you scallywags!
Candid
MVP
MVP

Postby Beloved » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:24 pm

Employment difficulties are common with paranoids.
Beloved

Postby jurplesman » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:50 am

Being employed and earning money is by definition being in a PARENT/CHILD relationship with bosses and organisations. Well-run and well-managed business have bosses who run the show and who are trained in communication, and how to get co-operation from their employees in a non-authoritarian way. They are non-authoritarian and if they show an authoritarian streak, which is usually a sign of insecurity, then they are replaced with bosses with people skills. People with insecure personalities become authoritarian bosses, because they don't know how to get co-operation from their workers.

Usually unskilled workers finish up in jobs run and controlled by unskilled bosses and unskilled business managers.

If you want to be able to handle authoritarian bosses, you have to study:

What is Transactional Analysis? (TA)

If you cannot handle authoritarian bosses you may have a problem with CHILD/PARENT reactions (or relationships) as explained in the course.
It also shows you how to handle authoritarian bosses by being aware of the nature of to their insecure personalities. Authoritarian personalities usually have a low self-esteem hidden behind a "stern" facade of "authority".
It also shows you how not to be an authoritarian boss and how to become a leader in a business organisation. Business leaders are looking for skilful leaders in their businesses.

If you happen to be a boss coming across a person with CHILD/PARENT reactions - that can potentially do a lot of damage to your business - you know exactly how to handle such a person to get the best out of him. Good bosses can handle people with personality problems.
jurplesman

Postby Akiva » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:48 pm

What is it you would be interested in doing for employment, if money for education were not an object, and you had the time to pursue it?

Peace.
Akiva
Preferred Member