Anxiety Numbness in the cheek

Discussions in anxiety, panic attacks, phobias and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Practical help for anxiety disorders.

Postby bri89 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:43 pm

hello,

i have been getting numbness in my cheeks for about a year now, it seems ilke each day is a constant struggle with the anxiety and panic disorders, the numbness only effects the left side of my cheek. can anyone help me?
bri89

Postby SaintAnger » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:04 am

I get a numb, tingling sensation on my right cheek below my eye from time to time. When I tried looking up online about it, I got stuff about strokes (which kinda freaked me out). Then I asked around and found that it's just caused from stress.

If the numbness in your face is caused from stress (which I assume it is), and the stress is caused from anxiety and panic attacks, then I would suggest trying some techniques to combat your anxiety and panic attacks. I'd recommend the book When Panic Attacks by Dr. Burns. There are tons of techniques in there that can help you out.
SaintAnger

Postby dav1307 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:34 am

bri89 wrote:hello,

i have been getting numbness in my cheeks for about a year now, it seems ilke each day is a constant struggle with the anxiety and panic disorders, the numbness only effects the left side of my cheek. can anyone help me?

Hey bri89, I used to get numb cheeks until a few months ago. Funny, I didn't really notice it was gone till I just read your post. For one, it's a good idea to be as observant as you are about symptoms like that, just so you can be more aware and take appropriate actions to help yourself out. With me, I would get numb cheeks on both sides, the upper part on the cheek bones. I told my doc about this and we weren't sure exactly why that was happening. But over a period of months, I came to believe that it was related to poor liver function, specifically detox functioning. So basically, for me I think the sluggish or cloudy detox in my body was showing in the numb cheeks; as a symptom or side effect. This just helped me to understand that I needed to improve my detox functioning which can be done by eating more fruits/vegetables because of the antioxidant vitamins and minerals, and drink more water and that kind of thing. So your cheek symptoms could of course be caused by something else, but at least my experience is one point of view that is similar. Good luck.
dav1307
MVP
MVP

Postby alexia » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:58 pm

Hi bri89, I've also had the same thing as well as the curl in my ear being very painful, my neck was in constant pain as well. I take magnesium,(not the one you buy in shops but a stronger one you can get from a naturopath or you can buy it online) I agree with dav1307 it's important to eat well as well as exercise, really helps with anxiety. For us anxiety sufferers it's easy to get lost in ourselves and always thinking about our symtoms, try to find other things to focus on and don't forget to have a good laugh now and then, it really is good for you.
alexia

Postby foxyboy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:57 pm

anxierty can make you think all kinds of crap , an the more you focus on it the worse it gets. If you have anxierty you pull muscles in your body with being tence all the time ,load,s of crap that only dissapears when the anxierty does, your body is on red alert 24-7 .I get dry mouth an think my tongue is swelling up, so i chew a tooth pick nere on 24-7 to keep my mouth moist, most things are not real just try to forget them.
foxyboy
Preferred Member

Postby bri89 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:43 pm

thank you guys for all your help, i really appreciate it
bri89