Home

CDs & DVDs

Free Articles

Training

Self Help

Newsletter

Blog

Forum
Psychology forum home -> Psychology -> why do i make up complex stories/characters in my head? This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

why do i make up complex stories/characters in my head?

Connect with Uncommon Knowledge

Psychology Resources

Psychology articles

Free Self-Help articles

Uncommon Knowledge Psychology Newsletter

Popular Psychology Book Reviews

Psychology Training Courses

Discussion Forums

Psychology

Depression

Anxiety and Panic Attacks

Anger Management

Addictions

Eating Disorders

Public Speaking

Workplace Psychology

Self Esteem and Confidence

Relationships

Hypnosis

Practitioners' Lounge

Emotional Intelligence

Light Lounge

Bookmark and Share

Author Thread
lucyday

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:20 pm

why do i make up complex stories/characters in my head?    Reply with quote  

for years now ive constantly made up complex stories and characters. its like there's a never ending film playing in my head with lots of different plots which i cant stop. its always the same characters, and i know them all down to age, date of birth and eye colour ect. Its like i know them, sometimes i smile and laugh at what they do, or even cry when im alone in bed. i have complete control over them though, its not like a voice in my head or anything.
its not like its taking over my life, i have a social life and i get work and stuff done when i need to, but just whenever im alone or not talking to anyone i just let myself go back to my characters. it happens especially when i listen to music or films, sometimes i include parts of films in my story but warp them slightly. Sometimes I might kill a character as a part of the ‘story’ but after a few days I get upset that they arnt there and bring them back.
I don’t really want to go into what happens in the ‘story’ (I really don’t like calling it a story because to me it isn’t, but I cant think of another word for it) because it feels personal to me, but all I know is that I deffinatly know that they are not real people and ive never actually spoken to them myself or anything like that.
All I want to know is if there is something terribly wrong or if it is weird that I do this. Like I said, it doesn’t interfere with my real life at all. And also, if you think I should stop doing this. Ive thought about just trying to stop but to be honest I really don’t want to, its a kind of entertainment when im bored too Razz. So yeah, please if you have any help or advice id love to hear 
Ps. Im really sorry how badly written this is, I find it really difficult to describe.

Little Red

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:37 pm

I do this a lot haha! I love doing it to get away from real life problems. I especially do it on the train to and from college - just put in the iPod and zone out into these character's lives.

It might help for you to write them down, maybe even in this topic? I'd like to hear what your characters are like!

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to: