Has anyone tried Maritox?

Postby Lazy & Hazy » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:51 am

Hi has anyone tried maritox? I just bought it Let me know ur thoughts Im planning on quitting tommorow
Lazy & Hazy

Postby AdamUK » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:19 pm

My thoughts are, you definitely don't need it to quit marijuana. But, if it helps you then it's all good. I don't know what's in it, but hopefully it's a safe product... i'm sure it is. Best of luck.
AdamUK

Postby Green Blue Spiral » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:04 pm

Just had a look at the ingredients, most of them will be of help with quitting. Would be hesitant about taking anything that contains valerian in the morning though, will most likely be a challenge to stay awake!

Two other herbals that really help are L-Theanine (in my experience the best replacement for weed) and Tulsi (also known as Holy Basil). I think taking Theanine in the morning (it gives a happy, focused feeling and turns on the reward circuits in the brain) and the Maritox at night would work really well. Add a pinch of excercise and you may even enjoy the process :)

Good luck!
Green Blue Spiral

Postby super.47 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Sounds like snake oil to me.
super.47

Postby AdamUK » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:43 pm

Green Blue Spiral wrote:Would be hesitant about taking anything that contains valerian in the morning though, will most likely be a challenge to stay awake!

Yes, i would take it in the evening. Valerian knocks me out and makes feel tired even the next day.
AdamUK

Postby Lazy & Hazy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:38 pm

Where can I get this from L-Theanine I live in Australia?

I think using Maritox will make it a bit more interesting quitting weed I hope it helps. It does look like it has really good ingrediants in it though.

Thanks for your help!
Lazy & Hazy

Postby Green Blue Spiral » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:32 am

super.47 wrote:Sounds like snake oil to me.

Funny how many people have this opinion about medicinal herbs
Most are perfectly fine with "proper medicine" ie a synthetic version of one compound directly copied from these plants, ignoring the fact that its the synergy of many ingredients which offers the benefit
These "medicines" only have to prove more effective than placebo in 2 tests to get on the market, it is common that there are many tests showing them to equal to and sometimes be less effective than a sugar pill. This has no effect on a license being granted :shock:

Why does this happen you may ask?
Mother nature owns the good patents and there is no profit for big pharma

Feel free to have an opinion but let it be an informed one, these plants can seriously help people
Last edited by Green Blue Spiral on Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Green Blue Spiral

Postby Green Blue Spiral » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:37 am

Lazy & Hazy wrote:Where can I get this from L-Theanine I live in Australia?

I think using Maritox will make it a bit more interesting quitting weed I hope it helps. It does look like it has really good ingrediants in it though.

Thanks for your help!

Had a quick look via google, seems no be no problem
"You can get this supp from any good health food store in Aus. Don't bother importing it"
Green Blue Spiral

Postby Lazy & Hazy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:32 pm

ok cool great thanks heaps!
Lazy & Hazy

Postby Lazy & Hazy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:39 pm

Hi I just bought L-Theanine capsules.

Did you say to take this in the morning? and maritox at night?
Lazy & Hazy

Postby AdamUK » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:40 pm

Lazy & Hazy wrote:Hi I just bought L-Theanine capsules.

Did you say to take this in the morning? and maritox at night?

If i was to take them both yes that's the way i would do it.
AdamUK

Postby Lazy & Hazy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:30 am

ok thanks alot adam
Lazy & Hazy

Postby super.47 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:41 pm

Green Blue Spiral wrote:
super.47 wrote:Sounds like snake oil to me.

Why does this happen you may ask?
Mother nature owns the good patents and there is no profit for big pharma

In case you didn't know, there is huge money in natural medicine. Do you think that because something is found in nature that the people needing it would fly around the world and find it themselves? I remember when my uncle had cancer some quack homeopathic "doctor" had him taking shark fin pills. All this stuff costs money. Companies package it, market it and mark it up 1000%. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it's beneficial. And I never suggested that any pharmaceuticals were needed to "detox" from marijuana either... just quit smoking it and eventually you are detoxed.
It seems that everyone looks for a product, an easy way, a shortcut. And yes, it does sound like snake oil to me.
super.47

Postby Green Blue Spiral » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:00 pm

I agree with you on this, also apologize for the tone in my reply before , was a long day!
There are indeed a lot of expensive "miracle" natural products which dont deliver and it is a huge market
Also much depends on the individual and many other factors, I am stongly against the quick-fix mentality

Having said that we know a lot about the withdrawal symptoms that will occur for the long time smoker
There will be serotonin, dopamine and melotonin needed while the body tries to balance brain chemistry
The ingredients in this formula will definitely help, why suffer needlessly if a 100% safe and effective herbal remedy can make this process an easier one?
Green Blue Spiral

Postby Lazy & Hazy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:32 am

I agree!!!

Green Blue Spiral wrote:I agree with you on this, also apologize for the tone in my reply before , was a long day!
There are indeed a lot of expensive "miracle" natural products which dont deliver and it is a huge market
Also much depends on the individual and many other factors, I am stongly against the quick-fix mentality

Having said that we know a lot about the withdrawal symptoms that will occur for the long time smoker
There will be serotonin, dopamine and melotonin needed while the body tries to balance brain chemistry
The ingredients in this formula will definitely help, why suffer needlessly if a 100% safe and effective herbal remedy can make this process an easier one?
Lazy & Hazy

Next

Return to Addictions