Home

CDs & DVDs

Free Articles

Training

Self Help

Newsletter

Blog

Forum
Psychology forum home -> Depression -> I feel like I am in crisis This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

I feel like I am in crisis

Connect with Uncommon Knowledge

Depression Resources

Free Depression Learning Path

How Depression Works

Post-natal Depression (article)

Depression and Anxiety, the link (article)

Depression Recovery Program

Treating Depression with Hypnosis (ebook)

Storytelling CD

Discussion Forums

Psychology

Depression

Anxiety and Panic Attacks

Anger Management

Addictions

Eating Disorders

Public Speaking

Workplace Psychology

Self Esteem and Confidence

Relationships

Hypnosis

Practitioners' Lounge

Emotional Intelligence

Light Lounge

Bookmark and Share

Author Thread
jesa

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:30 pm

I feel like I am in crisis    Reply with quote  

I am feeling pretty hopeless. I could really use some advice, I am completely lost. I really feel like I have NO reason to keep going on. Life has become a mater of passing time before sleep, and this is no way to live but I am not seeing how things can ever get better. I have ONE friend. She lives far away from me and is completing a PhD, working, married....she barely has time for me and frankly, I don't want to burden her and have her dread being around me. I've never had friends. I just don't know how to make friends. I've been alone since I was 10 years old and first realized I don't have friends. I've tried everything. I tried joining teams, clubs, volunteering, but I am always the odd man out and feel even worse. Its weird because people do seem like me, they usually don't have bad things to say, they just don't WANT to be around me. Sometimes I do make friends but they always go away. Sometimes they aren't friends at all, and are just using me for money or whatever, but at least its company. Right now though, one friend. I am reasonably attractive, or at least was until I gained like 50lbs in past year and a half, so I've dated men to find company. I did have a great 10 yera relationship but he left me. The next guy I dated was abusive, controlling and a freeloader. I had to move in the middle of the night to ditch him. The next guy I dated same thing. He doesn't hit me but he calls me names all the time over the littlest things. He spit in my face yesterday and trashed my house. I called the police and he in in jail now. and I am alone. Nice guys dont want to be with me. I have tried. Between the first abusive guya nd the second I did try to date guys I knew, or thought were nice guys..my one friend actually was surprised at the guys I chose because she considered them geeky or fat or unattrative but I wanted someone with a good heart and they all played me. Thats why I stayed with new guy, he may be mean sometimes, too often and very very mean but most times he isn't and I am not alone. And that's not even it. Last year I started my master's degree and i couldn't do it, i was too depressed....i was broke and sad and always fighting with my boyfriend so I got kicked out...trying to find a job for 2 month and i can't. I loko everyday, everyday for 6-8 hours I keep doing and nothing. I'm starving, im getting evicted im gonna lose cable anyday, and thats one of few things ihave to take mind off things....my family is broke and i am not close wtihg anyone but my mother who demads so much...she's short on rent, needs this and that and i am starving all the time and having to worry about her and she calls all day long and complains and complains and i can't take it.....even if get work, what's the point if i am completely incapable of having a social life....I've been trying at it for 20 years.....i know i am going to be alone forever...i just feel hopeless....oh annd i have the wosrt credit, constant crediot phone calls....i am either going to file bankruptcy or do consumer proposal.

Lyncc

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:01 pm

ostname by Rorac    Reply with quote  

Hi colleagues, you are sharing your view about web site Search engine marketing, I am also new user of web, so I am also getting more from it. Thanks to the whole thing.
cazzy4k

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:58 pm

Re: I feel like I am in crisis    Reply with quote  

quote:
Originally posted by jesa
I am feeling pretty hopeless. I could really use some advice, I am completely lost. I really feel like I have NO reason to keep going on. Life has become a mater of passing time before sleep, and this is no way to live but I am not seeing how things can ever get better. I have ONE friend. She lives far away from me and is completing a PhD, working, married....she barely has time for me and frankly, I don't want to burden her and have her dread being around me. I've never had friends. I just don't know how to make friends. I've been alone since I was 10 years old and first realized I don't have friends. I've tried everything. I tried joining teams, clubs, volunteering, but I am always the odd man out and feel even worse. Its weird because people do seem like me, they usually don't have bad things to say, they just don't WANT to be around me. Sometimes I do make friends but they always go away. Sometimes they aren't friends at all, and are just using me for money or whatever, but at least its company. Right now though, one friend. I am reasonably attractive, or at least was until I gained like 50lbs in past year and a half, so I've dated men to find company. I did have a great 10 yera relationship but he left me. The next guy I dated was abusive, controlling and a freeloader. I had to move in the middle of the night to ditch him. The next guy I dated same thing. He doesn't hit me but he calls me names all the time over the littlest things. He spit in my face yesterday and trashed my house. I called the police and he in in jail now. and I am alone. Nice guys dont want to be with me. I have tried. Between the first abusive guya nd the second I did try to date guys I knew, or thought were nice guys..my one friend actually was surprised at the guys I chose because she considered them geeky or fat or unattrative but I wanted someone with a good heart and they all played me. Thats why I stayed with new guy, he may be mean sometimes, too often and very very mean but most times he isn't and I am not alone. And that's not even it. Last year I started my master's degree and i couldn't do it, i was too depressed....i was broke and sad and always fighting with my boyfriend so I got kicked out...trying to find a job for 2 month and i can't. I loko everyday, everyday for 6-8 hours I keep doing and nothing. I'm starving, im getting evicted im gonna lose cable anyday, and thats one of few things ihave to take mind off things....my family is broke and i am not close wtihg anyone but my mother who demads so much...she's short on rent, needs this and that and i am starving all the time and having to worry about her and she calls all day long and complains and complains and i can't take it.....even if get work, what's the point if i am completely incapable of having a social life....I've been trying at it for 20 years.....i know i am going to be alone forever...i just feel hopeless....oh annd i have the wosrt credit, constant crediot phone calls....i am either going to file bankruptcy or do consumer proposal.

jesa please go and see your doctor, you are not the person these situations made you feel, but your doctor can help to make you take steps to improve your quality of life right now. In the mean time, if there is a debt charity (in the UK we have CCCS) where you live, then they might be able to help you decide whether bankruptcy is the best option, or merely offering all your creditors a little token is enough, but however you feel alone is not it x
MorF500

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:21 am

yup, your in a hole alright, u need a job and u need 2 stop hooking up with abusive guys...i bet a nice guy would date you i have a feeling your the one pushing them away.
PeterPi

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Re: I feel like I am in crisis    Reply with quote  

Hello Jesa, I'm very sorry your situation. If you like to talk with someone, you can talk with me. Now, I usually have some free time in the ivenings. I hope you don't find more bad guys. I know to hear. I am a good guy, but I don't like a relationship. But, I know that people need to talk when they feel alone. If you want to contact with me, you send me a private message. I don't like to show my email. I will tell you more things about me, but I prefer in private message. I look fordwar you are better in the future. Gook luck. Smile

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to: