Hypnosis? how to learn?

Postby Ralbeyd » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi guys,
I've recently got involved in street magic and card shuffling, now I want to learn hypnosis; how would I go about learning how to hypnotise myself/someone else? Is there any way I can learn online?

Also a couple of questions:
How long would it take to be able to hypnotise myself?
How long would it take to be able to hypnotise others?
Is it possible to hypnotise myself/others for the long term? (E.g. stop bad habits)

Cheers,
Ralbeyd
Ralbeyd

Postby bhups » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:43 am

Hello and welcome Ralbeyd to the best forum!! :)

I'm no expert in the field, but I have learnt LOADS from this forum as well as from quite a few books and videos.

As to your questions, here are what you can do according to my view:

- how would I go about learning how to hypnotise myself/someone else?
I have not learnt how to self hypnotise yet, but a good practice is mention on a Dave Elman book Hypnotherapy as to how to do this.
Its getting yourself to close your eyes and relax all the mussels around those eyes, once they are completely relaxed, just "pretend" they are stuck and you cannot open them. Once you do this and practice this, you can in hypnotise yourself.

Note: there are many ways to self hypnotise, so you have to pick one that bests fits your needs.

As to how to hypnotise someone else, I would recommend you buy the book Reality is Plastic by Anthony Jacquin and also Deeper and Deeper, by Jon Chase. Very good on getting you going.
I would also recommend the Manchurian Approach DVD by Anthony Jacquin. This will really give you an incite on how it all works in practice.

- Is there any way I can learn online?
Check out http://www.youtube.com/how2hypnotise. Amazing free quick guide on Impromptu hypnosis.

- How long would it take to be able to hypnotise myself?
I guess this depends on whether you have got the right technique and the amount of time you put in.
I think some people can do really quickly and some take a really long time.

- How long would it take to be able to hypnotise others?
To be honest, once you have read the RIP book and seen the DVDs, you can hypnotise the next day. Stimulate your self confidence that you can, and you WILL be able to do it.

Best way to do it is by doing it :D and not to worry about it failing.

- Is it possible to hypnotise myself/others for the long term? (E.g. stop bad habits)
Yes. Best to study Hypnotherapy for this to get desired results I think.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Bhups
bhups

Postby Ralbeyd » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:34 pm

bhups wrote:Hello and welcome Ralbeyd to the best forum!! :)

I'm no expert in the field, but I have learnt LOADS from this forum as well as from quite a few books and videos.

As to your questions, here are what you can do according to my view:

- how would I go about learning how to hypnotise myself/someone else?
I have not learnt how to self hypnotise yet, but a good practice is mention on a Dave Elman book Hypnotherapy as to how to do this.
Its getting yourself to close your eyes and relax all the mussels around those eyes, once they are completely relaxed, just "pretend" they are stuck and you cannot open them. Once you do this and practice this, you can in hypnotise yourself.

Note: there are many ways to self hypnotise, so you have to pick one that bests fits your needs.

As to how to hypnotise someone else, I would recommend you buy the book Reality is Plastic by Anthony Jacquin and also Deeper and Deeper, by Jon Chase. Very good on getting you going.
I would also recommend the Manchurian Approach DVD by Anthony Jacquin. This will really give you an incite on how it all works in practice.

- Is there any way I can learn online?
Check out Amazing free quick guide on Impromptu hypnosis.

- How long would it take to be able to hypnotise myself?
I guess this depends on whether you have got the right technique and the amount of time you put in.
I think some people can do really quickly and some take a really long time.

- How long would it take to be able to hypnotise others?
To be honest, once you have read the RIP book and seen the DVDs, you can hypnotise the next day. Stimulate your self confidence that you can, and you WILL be able to do it.

Best way to do it is by doing it :D and not to worry about it failing.

- Is it possible to hypnotise myself/others for the long term? (E.g. stop bad habits)
Yes. Best to study Hypnotherapy for this to get desired results I think.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Bhups

Thanks for the answers, that really does help.

One thing which confuses me:

You said it's possible to hypnotise someone for the long term and change there habits, but if that is possible it's surely possible to be able to control someone in the long term aswell? Which is kind of f***ed up to think about, is that correct though? Could you control someone for the long term?

What about food etc? Could you change what food people enjoy? Is it possible to spawn attraction? What about erase memories? Is that just in the films or can you make people forget large portions of there life?

EDIT: Could you please link me to the RIP books/dvds aswell?

Cheers,
~Ralbeyd
Ralbeyd

Postby kevsheldrake » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:19 am

kevsheldrake
MVP
MVP

Postby bhups » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:14 pm

Ralbeyd wrote:
bhups wrote:One thing which confuses me:

You said it's possible to hypnotise someone for the long term and change there habits, but if that is possible it's surely possible to be able to control someone in the long term aswell? Which is kind of f***ed up to think about, is that correct though? Could you control someone for the long term?

What about food etc? Could you change what food people enjoy? Is it possible to spawn attraction? What about erase memories? Is that just in the films or can you make people forget large portions of there life?

EDIT: Could you please link me to the RIP books/dvds aswell?

Cheers,
~Ralbeyd

Hi,

Hypnotherapy is to help people for long-term change. So it is actually a good thing.
When applying hypnosis to someone, you cannot make someone do something against their ethics as this will pop them back to conciousness.

You can guide people to help them control their diet. I saw on a Change Phenomena DVD at my friends house that a person who was a dietitian had an issue eating foods containing fat. The site of it made her sick. She became very skinny and could have actually killed her. After Freddy Jacquin guided her unconscious mind to how small amounts of fat is actually good, she was able to see and eat chips without any issue.

I believe you can do all of what you asked, but just need to find the right methods to carry it out.

Please do note, I myself am still a newbie and all I am saying is from what I have read or seen on DVD's.

Other Hypnotherapists on this board, please do correct me where I am wrong.

Regards,
Bhups
bhups

Postby bhups » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:19 pm

Also, when carrying out Hypnosis you do it for the good of others and not yourself.
Always make sure that you undo your suggestions at the end of a session, unless you are doing therapy.
bhups

Postby Ralbeyd » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:09 pm

kevsheldrake wrote:
Kev

Thanks mate.

2 more questions:

Is it possible to make someone attracted to you/someone else through hypnosis?
Is it possible to drive someone insane through hypnosis? (E.g. make them forget everything?)

Cheers,
~Ralbeyd
Ralbeyd

Postby littlell » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:12 pm

If you're not using hypnosis responsibly, you shouldn't be doing it. You can spawn short term sexual attraction & total amnesia but to try putting them in the long term would be a huge moral issue for me.
littlell

Postby ELundin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:02 pm

If you've seen it in the movies, it's probably wrong. What is pure Hollywood script sells only movies.

A person has to:

1. Want to change.

2. Totally like the suggestion that you give them AND they Know that it will work for them.

If they are lukewarm to the idea or think that it MIGHT work or HOPE it will work or they will TRY it, it will fail. "Hope" and "Try" are the failure words. People have to be totally sold on the idea before it will work. Long term needs practice. It needs to be exercised to grow stronger BUT if you overdo it, and the person gets upset with you, the effect is extinguished.

My suggestion is that you look around for a comprehensive course. Look for one that does more than progressive muscle (not mussel) relaxation. There are some really neat Instant and Rapid inductions. Sean Michael Andrews does such a course and he teaches SAFETY! Look him up on the web and youtube.
ELundin

Postby jimmyh » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:54 am

A person has to:

1. Want to change.

Hahaha!

Have you tested this? Have you gotten creative and then tested more?

What happens when you use hypnosis to make them want to change?

2. Totally like the suggestion that you give them AND they Know that it will work for them.

Nope. Have you tried it?

Certainty isn't needed. Heck, they don't even have to know you've fixed anything. What you can't have is them focusing on the chance that it won't work - regardless of what they think about how likely it is to work.
jimmyh

Postby kevsheldrake » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:25 am

Ralbeyd wrote:2 more questions:

Yep, certainly short term. I see no reason why this couldn't be done long term but I think the word "make" might be misleading. If it worked it would probably seem natural to the subject and they wouldn't feel like they were being made to do anything.

Ralbeyd wrote:Is it possible to drive someone insane through hypnosis? (E.g. make them forget everything?)

Probably (and yep). We have often given people amnesia for everything (in controlled environments) with some quite emotional responses. Temporary insanity seems perfectly possible and, again, I see no reason why this couldn't be done long term.

Attraction through hypnosis is only of a passing interest to me. Driving a subject insane is of more interest but I'm not prepared to share thoughts on how to do it on this forum - I just don't think it is the place for it.

Cheers

Kev
kevsheldrake
MVP
MVP

Postby ELundin » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:24 am

jimmyh wrote: Heck, they don't even have to know you've fixed anything. What you can't have is them focusing on the chance that it won't work - regardless of what they think about how likely it is to work.

Which is exactly my point! They must believe it will work.

Motivation - always! However, if a person is bullied to try hypnosis to stop smoking and they enjoy smoking, it is not going to work because they really do not want to change. You might get them to cut back but the long term effectiveness would be extremely doubtful. AND "try" is a failure word to begin with.
ELundin

Postby jimmyh » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:00 am

Yep, certainly short term. I see no reason why this couldn't be done long term but I think the word "make" might be misleading. If it worked it would probably seem natural to the subject and they wouldn't feel like they were being made to do anything.

Agreed. This bring up interesting ethical questions, since it seems like there's no clear dividing line between clearly good behavior and clearly evil behavior.

For example, is it okay to make someone attracted to you in such a way that afterwards they say "Yeah, totally cool and natural. This guy is awesome!" but if you had showed them the tape before it happens they say "What the heck!? Don't do that to me you evil man!"?

Probably (and yep). We have often given people amnesia for everything (in controlled environments) with some quite emotional responses. Temporary insanity seems perfectly possible and, again, I see no reason why this couldn't be done long term.

Attraction through hypnosis is only of a passing interest to me. Driving a subject insane is of more interest but I'm not prepared to share thoughts on how to do it on this forum - I just don't think it is the place for it.

Haha! Scary stuff... I'm more interested in making people less insane. Getting rid of the overconfidence bias, belief in the supernatural, stuff like that. I've been playing with it recently with some apparent success. Have you given that any thought?

Which is exactly my point! They must believe it will work.

Did you even read what I wrote? The part that you quoted does not support your statement, and the part that you didn't quote explicitly refutes it.

I have had success on myself with things I thought didn't have a chance in hell of working. Belief just isn't necessary.
jimmyh

Postby Ralbeyd » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:10 am

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Could someone please link me to a specific product I should buy if I want to get into hypnotising others? Someone mentioned "RIP" products, but I don't know what that means. Could anyone link me to a specific dvd/cd etc?

Cheers,
~Ralbeyd
Ralbeyd

Postby Wildcard » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:28 am

Using the word "long term" is a bit harsh. Actually there is no such thing, unless of course the person dies shortly after the session.

Everybody has their very own moments of impact that they can remember. They influence the way they see the world, surroundings, friends, and family.

These moments and other experiences define who we are. And to think that nothing can happen in a persons life that will ever change whatever that person wanted changed is hard to believe.

As for being able to control someone? It does sound messed up, but really...we do it all the time anyway. Just not systematically such as therapists do.

You can always look at things two ways... right, wrong...good, bad...half full, half empty...etc...its nothing more than a perspective you take when looking at something.

2 more questions:

Is it possible to drive someone insane through hypnosis? (E.g. make them forget everything?)

To the first question...yes...both short term and long term. It happens in everyday life so you dont even need hypnosis to do it.

If you use hypnosis then direct suggestion should work on most. But for long term you need to know about how motivation works and what emotional needs motivates that specific person.

I would also not advise anyone to try long term because if your doing it just to see if it will work or maybe just because of some kind of control tick then you will emotionally harm the person. Sooner or later you will have to reject that person... and that hurts.

As to the second question...

Not sure about insanity...not too keen about trying it out either... but very sure about depression. Just read the example above again. Thats only one way to do it.

Not very ethical...
Wildcard
MVP
MVP

Next