Hypnosis? how to learn?

Hypnosis / Self Hypnosis - discuss this most useful, and misunderstood, of therapeutic tools.

Postby Ralbeyd » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Ralbeyd wrote:Thanks for the replies everyone.

Could someone please link me to a specific product I should buy if I want to get into hypnotising others? Someone mentioned "RIP" products, but I don't know what that means. Could anyone link me to a specific dvd/cd etc?

Cheers,
~Ralbeyd

Thanks wild card! Could anyone reply to the question above please?

Also:
Do hypnotic scripts work? If so could someone please link me to one?

Thanks for the help by the way everyone, you all seem very knowledgable.

Cheers,
~Ralbeyd
Ralbeyd

Postby ELundin » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:50 am

jimmyh wrote:
Certainty isn't needed. Heck, they don't even have to know you've fixed anything. What you can't have is them focusing on the chance that it won't work - regardless of what they think about how likely it is to work.

Is that quote complete enough? First, you used the word "Certainty", I did not.

We are following very similar lines. Your saying that you don't want them to focus on doubting that it will work. Ok, I am taking the positive side approach and saying they must believe it WILL work. How is that, that different? I think our views are along the same line as the question, "Is the glass half full or half empty?"

If the client doesn't know that you "fixed" something, why would they ever want to come back to you? I have the clients see themselves in the future as successfully overcoming their problems which reinforces their chances of success.

I believe in the client-oriented model. I don't "fix" anything. I provide the client with the means and opportunity to work out the problem within themselves. After all, they are the ones doing all the work.

I had a client tell me she thought she had totally wasted their money after a session because she didn't feel any different. When confronted with her problem situation the next day, she discovered, yes, it did work.

The 4 mental attitudes just tell you which thought process is most likely to succeed and which are likely to fail. They are not absolutes by any means.
ELundin

Postby jimmyh » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:22 am

Thanks wild card! Could anyone reply to the question above please?

Also:
Do hypnotic scripts work? If so could someone please link me to one?

Google "reality is plastic" and it will come up.

Hypnosis works, so if you follow the right script in the right way, it'll work - it just isn't very flexible so you're better off knowing what you're doing

We are following very similar lines. Your saying that you don't want them to focus on doubting that it will work. Ok, I am taking the positive side approach and saying they must believe it WILL work. How is that, that different? I think our views are along the same line as the question, "Is the glass half full or half empty?"

There is a big difference that you're missing. I said that if they're focusing on it not working, that's bad (but you can still make it work). This has very little to do with belief. They can believe it'll work and focus on it not working, or believe it won't work and focus on it working, or perhaps have no beliefs at all. Simply not the same thing. Really - I'm not saying the same thing as you. I'm saying you're wrong.

If the client doesn't know that you "fixed" something, why would they ever want to come back to you? I have the clients see themselves in the future as successfully overcoming their problems which reinforces their chances of success.

It's an important skill to be able to make fine grained distinctions. I never said that it was the best way to get return clients (though there are ways around that issue too), I just said it can work that way.
jimmyh

Postby bhups » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:37 am

Ralbeyd wrote:Thanks for the replies everyone.

Could someone please link me to a specific product I should buy if I want to get into hypnotising others? Someone mentioned "RIP" products, but I don't know what that means. Could anyone link me to a specific dvd/cd etc?

Cheers,
~Ralbeyd

Go to:
http://www.headhacking.com/products/
Scroll down about 2 thirds.
You will see
Reality is Plastic: The art of impromptu hypnosis
Reality is Plastic: The set piece and Inductions DVD
I recommend you buy both.

The Trilby connection DVD is also amazing, but start off with the above 2 and move on from there.

Maybe ask if you can get a package deal ;)
bhups

Postby That Cat Person » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:30 pm

belief in the supernatural

@jimmyh

I'm intrigued by this - what approach did you take and did the subject wish to reduce their belief in the supernatural?
That Cat Person

Postby Joe100 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:23 pm

That Cat Person wrote:
belief in the supernatural

@jimmyh

I'm intrigued by this - what approach did you take and did the subject wish to reduce their belief in the supernatural?

Oh boy... Here we go...

Cat Person, are you're sure you can handle the truth...?

Joe
Joe100
Preferred Member

Postby That Cat Person » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:57 pm

Cat Person, are you're sure you can handle the truth...?

Definitely. Hit me with it.
That Cat Person

Previous