Looking for Good Online Diagnostic Tests for Mental Health

Psychology-related discussions or questions that don't fit neatly into any other forum.

Postby HigherThoughts » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:28 am

I have known for a while that something was off with me and that I wasn't quite normal. Especially when it comes to socializing with other people. Once I watched a video about someone talking about herself and her bipolar disorder.

I felt compelled to look into bipolar disorder and I came across a disorder known as cyclothymia, which is a mild form of bipolar disorder. I felt like I had a lot of the symptoms of cyclothymia, but I have never seeked any professional counsel to see if I actually do have this disorder.

It is just this strong gut feeling that I have because I can relate to the symptoms so well.

Also, I know a lot of those online tests can't be that accurate, but I took one I found online and it ended up saying I have tendencies of someone with cyclothymia.

So now does anyone know any good online tests that can give fairly accurate results in diagnosing whether someone has cyclothymia or not?

Also, I am low on money so I cannot afford to seek medical help at the moment.
HigherThoughts

Postby Dreamlife » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:33 am

Hello higher thoughts,

I would not recommend self-diagnosis to any one.

Diagnosing a mental illness is not as easy as A.B.C.

Health professionals train for years to be qualified for such assessments.

Cyclothymic disorder can real have grave effects on your life and there are certain protocols to follow for diagnosing and treatment plans inc, talk therapy and drugs.

I'm not sure where you live, but if you are generally concerned then you have to go to a Doctor for a referral.
In the UK, Australia, NZ and Canada, such expenses are paid for by the state (free medical). but Im not sure about the US.

Hope that helps
Dreamlife

Postby meizitang » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:07 am

i am sorry to hear that,but i think you can keep good mood to help your sick
hope i will get good news from u
meizitang

Postby dav1307 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:03 am

Don't know any online diagnosis sites, but in the meantime maybe changing your diet a bit will help to take the edge off. I think it's worth a shot to go gluten free, or even go off all grains for a few weeks and see if you feel better. Good luck
dav1307
MVP
MVP