Bruce Goldberg Super Conscious Mind Tap?

Hypnosis / Self Hypnosis - discuss this most useful, and misunderstood, of therapeutic tools.

Postby 007 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi
I was just wondering if any of you have an opinion of Bruce Goldberg's Super Conscious Mind Tap technique?
I know a lot of Goldberg's claims are far fetched, but I was wondering if this technique is similar to thinks like Ultra Height hypnosis which is supposed to be good, or if you would consider Super Conscious Mind Tap to have merit

cheers

Postby That Cat Person » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:02 am

IMHO Super Concious Mind Tap sounds like a lot of bunk.

Upon reading a 'primer' type article on the subject by Bruce Goldberg himself, so many 'con-man/crank' alarm bells were ringing I don't feel he (or the idea) has enough credibility to warrant further investigation.

My first/main (but by no means only) objection to the article is that he attributes the Super Concious Mind to the success of everyone from Bill Gates to Mozart to Thomas Edison in such a way as to imply that they were in on some big secret. This is quite a big claim and AFAIK is entirely without substantiation or confirmation.

He also misrepresents some known facts and has major unstated premises throughout, not to mention numerous other logical fallacies. For me, these things serve to remove all credibility to the actual substance of the article before we even get to discussing it.

Ultra Height Hypnosis, on the other hand, sounds quite interesting and much more credible from the small amount I have read about it. I can't comment too much on the technique itself other than to say it sounds like a pretty regular (albeit advanced) type of commoditised hypnosis, but the supporting material seems much more credible and I would at least be willing to learn more about it.

Just my opinion, hope it helps :-)
That Cat Person