Secret, Don't Tell: The Encyclopedia of Hypnotism

Postby UcFUser » Wed May 16, 2012 7:25 pm

by Carla Emery

comments anyone???

especially on "absolute morality" (?) , that is, that no one will do anything under hypnosis they wouldn't do while awake.
e.g. brainwashing (?)
UcFUser

Postby idea » Thu May 17, 2012 7:03 am

I don't know this book but It looks very interesting.
If I read It i will you know.
idea

Postby That Cat Person » Thu May 17, 2012 8:22 am

I also don't know this book first hand, so my opinion is based solely on how it appears on Amazon.

I sounds like a fascinating book, however, it also sounds like it would be more aligned with conspiracy theories, crypto-zoology and alien abduction than a factual book on hypnosis. Akin to books in this camp, it sounds like she finds evidence that supports her original hypothesis and then paints this as the whole picture, ignoring other contrary evidence and other possible interpretations of the evidence cited.

I'm not saying her hypothesis is wrong, I'm just saying her argument sounds very biased and non-objective, based on the reviews.

A good portion of the reviewers sound somewhat paranoid too, but that's another subject entirely!

I'd be very interested to read this book, but not at the price I found it for on Amazon.
That Cat Person

Postby Third Axis » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:56 am

Emery's full text is available on the web by keyword (sorry, not allowed to post the URL here): Operation Often, and then click on, Operation Often: A Case History for Secret Don't Tell -Section2

I've been researching the subject of goverment/military mind control for a screenplay, and Emery presents in-depth coverage on almost every area that I've come across in my extensive research. Her work is actually pretty remarkable, considering her previous background as a writer on gardening and back-to-the-land lifestyle. I find her work on mind control to be very compelling and highly recommended.
Third Axis