Help please, I feel like anger is all I can feel anymore

Postby charliekilo » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:35 am

For the last few months or so I've felt an increasing feeling of anger and hatred towards the world around me with less and less patience and understanding. I don't know why but I can't shake it. Every time I try to tell myself I'm going to start anew and have a more optimistic outlook I fall back down again to hating everyone and everything. Even minor annoyances and insignificant little things piss me off when they didn't used to.

Granted I've always been a little impatient and easily annoyed but never like this. It's like I can't feel anything BUT anger and fear. It makes me lash out and say and think things I never would have. Really don't know what to do about it. It's leaving me feeling awful and tense and disgusting all the time but it's like I can't let go of it no matter how bad it makes me feel.

What do I do? What's wrong with me? Why does every little thing just fill me with revulsion nowadays? Why do I just mindlessly hate other people? (note: when I say hate other people, it's not over things like race or sexuality, just a general disdain)

I feel like a stranger to myself because of this. Like someone else has hijacked my thoughts and steed them into a place where all emotion but anger, resentment, fear and pessimism are absent.

I feel so lost and confused and at the end of a rope over it. Like nothing can help me. Is there a drug that can help this? Should I see a psychiatrist? I'm already on medication for anxiety and while it seems to help with that aspect of my life (I've been on it for a couple years or so now), it doesn't seem to do much to ward off my anger and hatred.

I don't want to feel this way anymore. I hate myself because of it, which breeds even more negativity. Someone please help. I appreciate it.
charliekilo

Likes Received: 0

Postby Candid » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:57 am

You'd probably benefit from counselling, but there may be a better 'cure'.

You need to boost your happiness quotient. People who fill their lives with people and activities they enjoy don't get irritated and resentful about what anyone else does. So what floats your boat? Is there something you love doing but you don't do it any more? Are you in the wrong job? What's going on? Because somehow you've become "a stranger to yourself" and that must feel awful.

Time to be much nicer to yourself. Don't worry about other people for now, just make sure you're treating yourself well. Stop criticising yourself because other people set your nerves on edge and concentrate on finding out what charliekilo wants to do with his days.

Happy people automatically treat other people well, so it's your duty to be happy... genuinely happy, not trying to fool everyone else. Go to it!
Candid
MVP
MVP

Postby thebigbigsky » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:30 pm

Hi charliekilo,

Some of the people who have anxiety issue also tend to have mood swing due to physiology factor. I'm not sure whether it is for your case, perhaps no harm if you try read about neurotransmitter such as acetylcholine, serotonin dopamine and GABA, how it works or the food related to them. Also read about food that would affect our mood and compare to what your eat in the past.

Many people in similar situation also found regular exercise helps, especially if you tend to lack of physical exercise in the past.

Best wishes...
thebigbigsky

Postby Territory » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:50 am

What if everyone was going through a tough time right now and you weren't on your own? What if the people around you felt a very similar thing but the simply were as good as you at communicating it?
Territory

Postby FantasyGames » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:44 am

Well, i just think u must think more about everything, not too much, but if you do, you will maybe just understand better... and if stuck in the thoughts of it, ASK the one about the thing u dont understand... and try not to hate men... they cant help it, they dont know why anyway!, however, its nobody its fault, and no, not yours, not others, nobody! just try to look it thru some more... and not force yourself to immidiatly change.... thats too much at once... make steps... like start with.. try keeping in mind: they can't help it, so i don't have to be mad to them. Also don't blame yourself once again, and take it step for step back to cooldown.
(Also: whats your age now? Maybe that can make the change!)

This has nothing to do with anything in this topic: I'm happy to try helping men.... this forum is perfect for me to help others!
If one works i'll be happy already, cuz that means i can do the job!
FantasyGames