Not interested in dating or sex. Weird?

Relationships and families - wonderful when they're working, distressing when they're not.

Postby wanttosucceed » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:03 am

I am sorry if I'm starting too many topics, but I feel this is a kind and helpful online community.

This is a difficult thing for me to express. Not in terms of feeling that embarrassed or ashamed, but just getting the points accross.

I am male, 29. I feel strange and out of place to be the way I am, but it's just who I am. I don't know why I do not feel and behave like other men Going out, hitting on girls, having multiple sexual encounters, one night stands etc I don't want to hit on girls and have those kinds of experiences. I don't know why. Maybe I'm a little asexual, but I do find women attractive. I feel it is wrong to just be pyshical. I look at things in very moral ways and I guess am one of those old fashioned gentlemen. Although I'm still pretty young, I'm starting to feel like a middle age dad or something.

Even just dating girls doesn't feel that appealing to me. I am so used to being alone that I don't get lonely or feel like I need a girlfriend. When I was younger I wanted it much more than now. I felt like I wanted to approach attractive girls but I never had the courage. Now it is very rare I even want to approach a girl, but if I did, still I wouldn't be able to. I used to care a lot more about that, and I used to think, if I care so much why don't I change? But I never did change, so the other thing to happen was that I stopped caring. It is worrying because I don't see how I'm not gonna
be alone forever because of my mentality. But I can't help it.

I wonder if there is anyone else like me? Every man just seems to be sexually active, or always wanting sex or a girlfriend and can't go more than a few weeks without it. I've never been like that. I've met 1 girl that I really wanted to date and thats it. She became my girlfriend and I've had a couple of others, but for years I have not met someone I like. I just don't feel anything.
wanttosucceed

Postby wheredoibeginwith » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:03 pm

That's not weird. You aren't supposed to want sex everyday just because you're a man. I think you shouldn't worry about that...
wheredoibeginwith

Postby ConradDrake » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:51 am

The way you are sounds ok to me, and you are going to have more time to pursue your own goals and self development.

Its only bad to not be in relationship if thats what you actually want. In your case I would just enjoy the freedom that comes from not having a relationship.
ConradDrake