Gas causes anxiety/panic and more

Postby Sorvius » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:17 am

I am making this post for two reasons. 1. Because the post about this subject was locked,a nd 2) Because I believe this information to be accurate even though I can only give my own testimony and experience and more people need to start thinking about the ideas I will discuss.

Here's the basic idea. Anxiety is a psychological "disorder" that makes a person feel worried, irritable, unhealthy, and afraid for no reason. Anxiety can turn into a panic attack, which is when the body elevates heart rate in order to escape fear, even though nothing fearful is happening. Its all going on in the mind. Panic attacks are often confused with heart attacks because of the similarities in symptoms, i.e., insrease in heart rate, chest pains, breathing problems, feeling of doom or that you're about to die, etc. Panic attacks are terrible but cannot kill you. I know this from other's testimonies and the fact that I've had about 800 of them in the past 6 years and I'm fine.

So, what's the point? Well the point is that I want to tie all of the unknowns together and propose a hypothesis for why anxirty/panic happens and what to do about it.

First of all, anxiety is directly related to what is going on in your digestive system. This is because 80% of the serotonin in your body is located in your digestive system <- that's important. Serotonin is responsible for mood and has been linked to anxiety/depression which is why so many psychiatric drugs have serotonin inhibitors or do something to the amount of serotonin you're brain is using to regulate mood and all that. Point is, serotonin is a factor, but its not the regulation of the serotonin we need to be focusing on, THAT just makes shrinks lots of money.

The point is that if your digestive system isn't right, neither will your serotonin. But that's not all there is to it. The reason they make SRI (serotonin reuptake inhibitors) is because they logically conclude that if you ragulate the hormone, you're all better! WRONG! They get this from the idea that serotonin induced anxiety causes other physical problems like gas, bloating, panic, and everything else you've already read about by Googling anxiety.

What they don't realize is that its the digestive system that's triggering the anxiety and everything else! How do I know? Well here's one way: did you ever sit through a period of anxiety that was tipping on panic when all of a sudden you feel a little popping sensation in your intestines, then you fart? Or do you feel a lot of movement and gas in your intestines and are having a fit of anxiety at the same time? Then you fart? How about burping to relieve anxiety? This may sound strange and its still not the whole picture, but I want you to think about this as you read.

Here's what I'm proposing: When you have gas in your system, mainly the intestines, you are putting back pressure on your guts. This pressure is causing the contents of your stomach to remain instead of getting dumped when they're all done being cooked in the hydrochloric acid and bile. This can cause heartburn (even if you cant feel it) and inflame your LES (lower esophageal sphincter). This is the muscle that closes off your stomach from your esophagus to prevent acid from refluxing and is operated by the diaphragm. Well guess what? The LES is literally right next to the heart, and putting pressure there is certainly going to cause you to think something is wrong with your heat, but its not! That is a sure way to trigger anxiety and panic. You can also have a hiatel hurnea which is when part of the LES gets stuck above the diaphragm. Its harmless but can also cause irritation and pressure (you gussed it) right by your heart! Anxiety sighted!

So the conclusion to draw is that an irregular digestion cycle is the ultimate cause of anxiety and everything that comes with it. There's nothing wrong with your heart or brain. Heart problems are easy to identify: Can't sit or stand for more than 30 minutes, pain in the chest and shoulder with tingling in the arm, trouble breathing (like, TROUBLE breathing), black or bloody poop, and high blood pressure/cholesterol, so if you don't have these things, your heart's fine.

Another thing to note is that intestinal gas can cause strange pains and muscle spasms anywhere in the body; your legs, head, arms and hands, chest, feet; ANYWHERE. This is a sure sign of gas, because if something is stuck in mid digestion, it'll cause you discomfort until your body passes it.

Have any of this happen to you? I bet you've been shaking your head yes yes YES reading all this if you've experienced any of it, and I'm here to give you a conclusion so that you can get rid of the anxiety you are being plagued by.

I am not a dcotor, but I know how the body works and here's what you need to do. Don't go to the doctor and tell them you have anxiety problems or you're going to get referred to a shrink who will put you on an antidepressant or some drug that will just make you crazy or so tired you can't even move. Instead, go to your doctor and tell them that you have digestive problems, that no matter what you eat it doesn't move easily and you want to get checked for that. THIS is when the healing begins. I can't do it myself because I don't have money or insurance, but if someone does this I am sure they will see a change. You might have sluggish bowel or IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), or you have a lousy diet and should eat food that your body digests easily.

Well, I hope this helped somebody because I know what I'm talking about and I'm sure if you get checked for digestive problems you will cure your anxiety and panic and get it only when appropriate like almost getting hit by a car. That's an appropriate time to get a panic attack, NOT when you're trying to watch a movie at home or write a paper for school.

Thanks for reading!

-Tim
Sorvius

Likes Received: 0

Postby paulo111 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:25 am

I agree digestive issues, malabsorbtion issues are a major root cause of anxiety. Its not as psychological as people think.
paulo111
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 0

Return to Anxiety and Panic Attacks