Home

CDs & DVDs

Free Articles

Training

Self Help

Newsletter

Blog

Forum
Psychology forum home -> Depression -> No one even listens to me anymore, I feel so invisible. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

No one even listens to me anymore, I feel so invisible.

Connect with Uncommon Knowledge

Depression Resources

Free Depression Learning Path

How Depression Works

Post-natal Depression (article)

Depression and Anxiety, the link (article)

Depression Recovery Program

Treating Depression with Hypnosis (ebook)

Storytelling CD

Discussion Forums

Psychology

Depression

Anxiety and Panic Attacks

Anger Management

Addictions

Eating Disorders

Public Speaking

Workplace Psychology

Self Esteem and Confidence

Relationships

Hypnosis

Practitioners' Lounge

Emotional Intelligence

Light Lounge

Bookmark and Share

Author Thread
BrokenGuy7

Post Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:13 pm

No one even listens to me anymore, I feel so invisible.    Reply with quote  

On the way to town, people push and shove me like they don't even know I'm there.
When I'm waiting in line for something, they push in and take my spot.
When I press the bell for the bus to stop, the driver ignores me.
I got hit in the face with a door whilst leaving the doctor's office.
My job applications are rejected.
People stare and laugh at me.
My mother is a drunk.
I don't even know my father anymore.
My neighbours put trash in my mailbox.
I get hate mail & death threats on Facebook.

People hate because I'm fat, disabled & gay, I also have very pale skin, they find it disgusting.

Leellen

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:39 pm

My friend, you have to start STANDING UP FOR YOURSELF. When someone pushes you out of their way, push back or go up to them and say -- THAT WAS RUDE AND DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!!! You're acting like you have "Walk all over me" pasted on your forehead! Don't let people do these things to you! When people put garbage in your mailbox, isn't that an offense in your country? It is here -- it's a FEDERAL offense in the U.S.for anyone to put ANYTHING other than the mail in our mailboxes. Check and see if there are any laws there in the U.K about that.
Whoever hit you in the face at the Dr.s office -- you should have said something.
When you get hate mail & death threats on Facebook, report them -- tell Facebook and they will investigate and ban those people. Don't keep TAKING THIS ABUSE.

Why do you just TAKE it. Why don't you fight BACK? You can fight back without getting in a fistfight! There are LEGAL ways to fight back. You can use SPEECH to fight back. If you suspect your job applications are rejected because you're gay, file a lawsuit. They can't do that. At least they can't here. I don't know about the U.K. do you have laws about discrimination there?? Look into it and find out! Be proactive. Don't just sit there and take it! DO something about it. Otherwise you're going to be a doormat all your life!

I feel for you, I really do -- but you've got to start fighting back the RIGHT way. So start today. If someone takes advantage of you, or slams a door in your face, SPEAK UP and tell them that its RUDE. God bless you my friend and good luck. Let me know what happens, ok?? Hugs & love, Lee
Coach Allyson

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:38 pm

Stand up for yourself.    Reply with quote  

Like the PP said, you need to start standing up for yourself. If people are sending you threatening messages on Facebook, save them and report them. If people are pushing and shoving you, push them back, or tell them they are being rude. It doesn't matter if you are gay, straight, pale or tan, no one deserves to live in fear and not be comfortable walking around.
Fight back!
jpark

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:41 pm

You must never lose the thought that you are the most important person to you. Don't lose hope. Have confidence.
jpark

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:41 pm

You must never lose the thought that you are the most important person to you. Don't lose hope. Be confident all times.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to: