Fear of breaking things.

Postby lumpysolo » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:19 am

I get really obsessed about breaking things like my PS3, laptop, desktop, mac... all that stuff. And I will start to cry because of how worried I am of it breaking. I don't even touch them anymore because of it. I just broke my XBOX (Original), TV and now my PC is giving an error :(. I don't know what to do! Please help!
lumpysolo

Likes Received: 0

Postby Coach Allyson » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:32 pm

Have you ever broken something really important to you? Or, has someone broken something important to you, accidentally or on purpose?
Usually, with issues like this, there is some underlying reason why there is a fear/obsession with it.
Maybe take a look at your past, and try to figure out the root of your fear, then you can start to take steps to not be afraid to touch the things you enjoy.
Coach Allyson

Postby pmurie » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:10 am

Why do you want to break things? Why are you angry?

The primary way a male vents emotions is through anger and breaking things.

When i went through therapy, she encourage me to get angry and break things. She said the more i did it in therapy, the less i would do it in the real world and said i need to vent this anger. It's a good idea to get a soft bat to hit things, punch your pillows, a phone book and rip it up, my favorite was a punching bag.

When you get angry, take notice of the thoughts in your head, the emotion is linked to something so you can work out why you are angry and try to avoid that person if it's about someone.
pmurie

Postby lumpysolo » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:32 am

I don't purposly break things, I just get really scared about it. Like my parents won't get me another one of those things. I have a large obsessions with electronics, but I do not wish for that to impact on this topic. I really love this stuff, and even the slightest thing worries me. I keep in mind the money it takes to do it. AND I GET SO JEALOUS when my friends get a new ps3, but I still have mine, yet I still get bothered by it, because of the little things wrong with mine. And I just cry and cry, I can't stand it.
lumpysolo

Postby moke64916 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Coach Allyson wrote:Have you ever broken something really important to you? Or, has someone broken something important to you, accidentally or on purpose?
Usually, with issues like this, there is some underlying reason why there is a fear/obsession with it.
Maybe take a look at your past, and try to figure out the root of your fear, then you can start to take steps to not be afraid to touch the things you enjoy.

Very insightful.
moke64916

Postby pmurie » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:19 pm

well you are still going through puberty where your emotions will be up and down until u hit early 20s.

i recommend doing something to relax your mind such as exercise, meditation, yoga and eat healthily. what you eat, effects the way you feel. these things will control your emotions/thoughts.
pmurie

Postby Lamman » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:43 am

A lot of good advice here. If I may add, I think you should look at your obsession with electronics. Sounds like to me, the obsession is one of the causes. I dare say if something else broken in the house, you wouldn't be as worried. It's normal for electronics to malfunction. Besides you are not intensionally breaking it. So you should just enjoy it while it still works. You can ask your friends about those error messages and see if they can help you fix it.
Lamman

Postby KarenYvonne » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:19 pm

Breaking things isn't the problem.... your fear is.

Life has an interesting way of giving to us what we think about the most. If you think about breaking your things a lot... you will break a lot of things.

Instead think about something you want and it will come to you... dont get in the trap of thinking about what you dont want though...

I hope this helps
KarenYvonne