Home

CDs & DVDs

Free Articles

Training

Self Help

Newsletter

Blog

Forum
Psychology forum home -> Anxiety and Panic Attacks -> Pvc's and pms??? Girls, any answers to this question... This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Pvc's and pms??? Girls, any answers to this question...

Connect with Uncommon Knowledge

Panic Attacks and Anxiety Resources

Free panic attacks course

What are panic attacks? (article)

Panic attacks and your basic needs (article)

Anxiety and depression (article)

Anxiety FAQ

Panic attacks CD

Panic attacks

Discussion Forums

Psychology

Depression

Anxiety and Panic Attacks

Anger Management

Addictions

Eating Disorders

Public Speaking

Workplace Psychology

Self Esteem and Confidence

Relationships

Hypnosis

Practitioners' Lounge

Emotional Intelligence

Light Lounge

Bookmark and Share

Author Thread
Lizzy

Post Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:45 pm

Pvc's and pms??? Girls, any answers to this question...    Reply with quote  

Hi there. I have to know, i've been getting pvc's for 12 years and i think i have just linked pms to this. I've been noticing my pvc's a week or two befor my period, during also! Is there a link? What do you girls think?
Lizzy

Evil or Very Mad Laughing Crying or Very sad Embarassed = Pms

sadguest

Post Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:09 pm

hi lizzy
Im not sure what you mean about pvcs but i guess as your on the panic forum you are talking about this.
i notice i get more anx arond the time of my period - i first suffered after i had my second child, probably post partum - had chronic anx and panic attacks with major phobias. When pregnant with my third child, i went to the midwife and explain all, she thought i was suffering from post partum blues in a big way. She was going to give me an injection which apparently would stop me suffering again (then forgot) so i spent 2 more years with phobias and anx and felt very let down, but the second time around i knew how to deal with the worst of it. for the last maybe 5 years, ive had nothing, but the last couple of years ive noticed, just before my period, im more anxious, get irrational thoughts, etc. (in fact for many years i had no anxious feelings at all apart from at this time of the month!) I do believe there is some correlation between hormones and anxiety - and i know some u.s. studies are looking into this. Is this what you are talking about?
Lizzy

Post Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:23 pm

Hi sadguest! What i mean by pvc's (pre venticular contraction, if that's how it's spelled?) My heart feels like it skips a beat, it's a yucky feeling Sad . It doesn't really skip a beat, it actually has an extra one. Well it sounds like we both have similar stories. All my anxiety problems started after the birth of my daughter (panic attacks, tachicardia, pvc's, and extream anxiety) And yes i believe that hormones and anxiety form a horrible cocktail.
zosia

Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:50 am

Link Between PMS and Symptoms of Panic    Reply with quote  

I think we might be on to something. I noticed that my most severe panic attacks came on suddenly, in the middle of the night, but always just before my period, or within a few days of it starting. I even question if they are actual panic attacks since they wake me from a sound sleep (no anxious cognitions). My heart would have that "extra" beat; I would feel nauseous and I've even passed out a few times. The MDs checked my heart rhythms, said they were normal, and that i was just having panic attacks.

Any other females out there with suspicions of a connection between their cycles and their symptoms of anxiety?
klm218

Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:57 pm

3 P's... PMS, Panic, & PVC's    Reply with quote  

Ladies,

We are definitely on to something. I experience the exact same "attacks" beginning a week or so before my period. Often, I am sound asleep and jolted awake by their severity, and then find myself pacing & deep breathing until its under control again. My symptoms include lightheadedness, dizzyness, shallow breathing, chills afterward, chest wall pain, and rapid jumpy thought patterns - all surrounded, of course, with the sheer terror of dying and leaving my 3 boys alone...

This also began after the birth of my second child, and is as regular as clockwork. I have seen every doctor about this - so far, the cardiologist says my heart is structurally normal, normal, EKG's, etc..., I've been seeing a a psychiatrist for 4 years following up on the "panic" side - and have been taking Zoloft. My OB/GYN first though it was post partum depression/anxiety, and now thinks it could be hormonally related since I'm 38 and could be starting perimenopause.

All of this "reassurance" still doesn't curb the fear each time they occur - I feel so out of control.

Does anyone have any miracle cures or at least coping mechanisms? I feel so debilitated!

Thanks!
tatine

Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:38 pm

Hi Klm218
Come over to the" heart skips a beat pvc " thread - lots of support and great people experiencing very similar symptoms - these symptoms are no fun at all.
Some men there too, so perhaps pvc's are excacerbated by hormones but are still present.
Tatine
denise520

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:54 pm

i think we all are on the right track .. i get dizzy lightheaded, heat rushes over my face and chest my heart pounds,, i feel like i am going to passs out but i never do.. i have had multiple tests on heart etc. you can read what i have posted earlier with all i have bneen through.. i was on the depo provera shot 9 years.. i nquit the shot almost 2 years. i do not ovulate but i bleed. my hormones have been checked once but were supposed normal. i have beenchecking on this now for several months because i think that i am going crazy!!! there is a such thing as anovulatory cycle where you do not ovulate but you bleed every month. i am thinking that all of this is connected..and i am further going to in vestigate all of it... if any one else has this please let me know......thanks denise520
Rockbessie
Preferred Member

Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:11 pm

I defo think there is a connection - I have high oestrogen aparently and I am not ovulating properly yet still get horrible pms and bleeds. I truly think that my cycle is connected to my panic disorder and particularly in that I am low is progesteron. Too much oestrogen is not a good thing. It may be difficult if we want children in the future. Since being on Citalopram I still panic a bit but notice the attacks are now like waves of hot liquid flowing round my body. Its strange - I have had these nearly every day this week (and not for weeks) and surprise my period is due v soon!
CrissieINTP

Post Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:52 am

Thought I was the only one...    Reply with quote  

Happens to me about a week or two before my period. I feel hot like my skin is on fire, the PVCs really increase, chest pain, and I feel like I could faint at any moment. I actually mark my calendar telling myself to drink more water during the week before. It helps some. I used to blame it all on dehydration, but thats ridiculous. I actually have fainted on my period before. When I was looking at PVC posts I noticed a few people saying something about lack of magnesium and potassium contributing to it. Maybe our body lacks these things around out periods? Maybe it has nothing to do with anything.
Rockbessie
Preferred Member

Post Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:09 am

Hi - that magnesium thing sounds interesting - I am going to look into that. I got a surprise this month - no PMS! Very strange - my husband got a surprise too as he usually knows when it comes on due to my grumpiness! I have been eating really really healthily - fifteen fruit and veg portions a day healthy so maybe that has helped. Also six months of Citalopram may be helping too.
kimmycpu

Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:47 pm

i think there is a major connection...that's the time i get them the absolute worst...and that's also the time when i get these "lightheaded shocks" like i'm just fine and then i get a wave of extreme lightheadedness like i'm going to pass out, then it goes away quickly but leaves me feeling unsteady=(

cursed twice...anxiety AND pms Rolling Eyes
kimmycpu

Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:48 pm

i think there is a major connection...that's the time i get them the absolute worst...and that's also the time when i get these "lightheaded shocks" like i'm just fine and then i get a wave of extreme lightheadedness like i'm going to pass out, then it goes away quickly but leaves me feeling unsteady=(

cursed twice...anxiety AND pms Rolling Eyes
barmaid

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:51 am

Hello everyone, I too suffer from panic and anxiety and I have noticed for a long time that I get a panic attack a few days prior to getting my period and it definatly is related to hormones. I am getting tested to see where my hormones are at, it is a pee test that I have to pee in a container thing for 24hrs , I have done one already and the second I have to do on my day off , there is a special diet that I have to follow before I collect the pee , so I will let you all know how the results are if they find anything. Does anyone break out in a sweat for no reason and get extremly hot and shaky??
hypoxora
Preferred Member

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:51 pm

Hi All,

I'll just quote Mr.Jurplesman :Omega-3 fatty acids in fishoil and Evening Primrose Oil help regulate hormones.

Accupuncture and chinese herbs have proved to be helpful with PMS but could be quite costly.
kimmycpu

Post Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:21 pm

oh yeah....i can get hot on a 20 degree day....LOL! i'm the only one in my college classes with tshirts on in december...LOL!

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to: