PhD on Emotional Intelligence - help!!!

Postby kjgardner10 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:18 am

Hi everyone, I’m new to this board. My name is Kathryn and I am currently doing my PhD at the University of Central Lancashire conducting research into Emotional Intelligence (my undergraduate degree was in Applied Psychology). After over 2 months of trying to recruit people into my study I still don’t have even half of my sample of participants (I need at the very least 250 people). I am now really desperate as time is running out.

So…if anyone would be willing to help me, I would be really really grateful. The study involves completing a number of online questionnaires, and in return you will receive an assessment of Emotional Intelligence (EI), based on one of the most widely used (scientifically developed) EI instruments available, as well as an interpretation of this score. A free comprehensive EI Workbook is also made available to all participants. Finally, participants will also receive an assessment and interpretation of their current “Happiness” and “Satisfaction With Life” levels.

The only criterion is that you must be aged 18+ (this is due to age restrictions on some of the questionnaires). If anyone is interested the web site address is http://www.inspiro.co.uk . Also, given that “word of mouth” has been one of the most successful recruitment strategies I’ve tried, I would really appreciate it if people would consider forwarding my website address (to people in their e-mail address book) to anyone they think may be happy to complete my study

Thanks a lot!

Kat
kjgardner10

Postby ashanti » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:03 pm

Hello Kathryn:

I enjoyed completing both series of your questionnaires, especially the MSCEIT. Your workbook is very thorough and I think it is a great resource. All the best with the research and do update us on your findings.

ashanti
ashanti

Postby kjgardner10 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:24 pm

Hi Ashanti,

I'm really glad that you enjoyed completing the study. Thank you very much for your participation.

All the best,

Kathryn
kjgardner10

Postby launchboxbill » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:44 am

I answered the thing but then my internet buggered up and when i pressed back, it lost all teh results i put in.

I suggest you split the test up into a few more pages so that this sort of thing doesnt happen, caus i aint answering it all again lol
launchboxbill
Preferred Member

Postby darb » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:44 pm

Will you post the results here or elsewhere on apublically viewable website? It was a very professional survey.
darb

Postby vivien » Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:26 pm

Kathryn, I just sent you an e-mail...

If we do the test how do we receive the results and approximatelly how much time one is needed to finish the test(s)???
... e. evans
vivien

Postby ashanti » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:30 pm

Hello Kathryn:

Happy New Year. I completed your assessments last July. Are you still gathering data? If not, do you know when your results will be published.

Ashanti
ashanti

Postby evolvingslowly » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:13 am

I would be very interested in participating if you still need subjects.
evolvingslowly

Return to Emotional Intelligence