Giving up weed is easy

Postby Timtom09 » Tue May 14, 2013 2:11 pm

I have been smoking everyday for 12 yrs I smoke on average an oz every 2 an half weeks.
Don't get me wrong the first couple of days were hard as in I had no sleep but I stayed relaxed. So I didn't get stressed I ate like 2 mouth fulls of food for the first 3 days so I was starving but that was it come day 5 sleep returned and I was munching hard. All I can say is its the best thing I've done. So bloody easy no alchol to help like a lot of people as I hate the stuff no aids what so ever so I do t get why people say its hard its all in ur head
Timtom09

Postby AdviceBrah » Tue May 14, 2013 2:35 pm

Timtom09 wrote:I have been smoking everyday for 12 yrs I smoke on average an oz every 2 an half weeks.
Don't get me wrong the first couple of days were hard as in I had no sleep but I stayed relaxed. So I didn't get stressed I ate like 2 mouth fulls of food for the first 3 days so I was starving but that was it come day 5 sleep returned and I was munching hard. All I can say is its the best thing I've done. So bloody easy no alchol to help like a lot of people as I hate the stuff no aids what so ever so I do t get why people say its hard its all in ur head

Arrogantbrah: "I had a perfect 4.0GPA throughout law school, it's not hard, it's easy. It's all in your head that it is difficult."

Reality: Everyone is different. Your experience is just that; yours. Who are you to determine what is and isn't "in someone's head?" Are you an expert in addiction? Actually, based on how you write, are you an expert in anything?

Fin.
AdviceBrah

Postby Timtom09 » Tue May 14, 2013 2:39 pm

U fool
Timtom09

Postby Timtom09 » Tue May 14, 2013 2:40 pm

Typical Yankee Doodle
Timtom09

Postby AdviceBrah » Tue May 14, 2013 5:04 pm

Timtom09 wrote:U fool

I would highly suggest continuing to work on your literacy skills as I can barely read what you write and the irony is strong in your labeling of me being a "fool."

Why are you on the forums; to brag that you quit marijuana without any supports and to tell people that it is all in their heads?

I am glad quitting was so easy for you. Thanks for stopping by. I'm sure you have inspired many people on this forum with your novel idea that quitting is "all in their heads."

"U mad....bro?"
AdviceBrah

Postby gonnastop » Tue May 14, 2013 5:32 pm

TimTom

Here's the news.

AdviceBrah has helped many, many people on this forum, me for one.

His linguistic style can be quite forthright and it takes some getting use to, but personally having not understood AdviceBrah straight away, I sincerely hope he never goes changing.

Your first post was a little self-righteous if may be so bold, it was a bit 'you lot must be losers - just deal with it'. If you did not intend that, then you honestly do need to at least re-read your posts because that is what I got from it, loud and clear. Your post title seems constructed to aggravate as well.

Now, it looks to me like you kinda got 'owned' by AdviceBrah following what was an arrogant sounding post and now you are just sniping to make yourself feel better. I suggest you put this one down to experience and start trying to achieve something positive on the forum, because I suspect you will be booed off stage otherwise.

I think getting into a good place mentally can really help to overcome addiction (and frankly I am well qualified to say that) but that's not what you said is it?

Best wishes

Gonnastop
gonnastop

Postby Non Stop Unstoppable » Tue May 14, 2013 6:47 pm

I for one am glad you have found stopping so easy.

That way us muggels who are finding it slightly harder can stay here & carry on having a normal conversation, that way you can go back to winning nobel piece prizes every day.

I'll see you on the news soon.
Non Stop Unstoppable

Postby super.47 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:27 pm

Tim,
How long have you been without? Seems to me that you're probably still in the very early stages. Come back in a couple of years if you're going to claim how easy it's been for you. A few weeks or months is just the beginning.
super.47

Postby HDog455 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:39 pm

All of you guys on this thread are newbies so it is likely that you missed the recent Troll episode. TimTom9 could very well be a troll - indeed the language and sentiment is chillingly similar to that expressed by the recent, now deleted, "contributor".

That said, there is a school of thought that promotes the notion that pot addiction is purely psychological and a lot of its supporters are so called experts. But I don't want to reopen that debate - simply highlighting the need to be careful about taking advice from those who would claim to be experts on addiction.
HDog455
MVP
MVP

Postby Chango » Wed May 15, 2013 1:20 am

Who knows, maybe, it could be, I quit nicotine, zero withdrawal, supposedly more addictive than thc, quitting weed is another story because I like it much more, and by no means easy.
Chango

Postby Fabulous Furnace » Wed May 15, 2013 1:44 am

"can't we all just get along?' - Rodney King (post brain damage from drugs and concussions)
Timtom is an unknown entity in a world of secrets. Let us pray...
Seriously, we're all jelly-filled mannequins stumbling through life.
Most of us MJ addicts recover slower than we would like. However, my own experience is that i was self-medicating to suppress feelings of inadequacy and fear. I stuffed my real self down in a giant bowl of self-loathing and smoked it up through a colossal bong of despair.
Life is a scary, heart-wrenching experience at times. This forum , for me, is a sanctuary where we get real and show our true potential for love and compassion for each other. Sometimes, even here, the true nature of the world, indifference, rears up and spits in our faces.
On that note, let's be good to ourselves and forgive those who trespass against us.
Eh,what?

FF
Fabulous Furnace

Postby Chango » Wed May 15, 2013 4:43 pm

Fabulous Furnace wrote:"can't we all just get along?' - Rodney King (post brain damage from drugs and concussions)
Timtom is an unknown entity in a world of secrets. Let us pray...
Seriously, we're all jelly-filled mannequins stumbling through life.
Most of us MJ addicts recover slower than we would like. However, my own experience is that i was self-medicating to suppress feelings of inadequacy and fear. I stuffed my real self down in a giant bowl of self-loathing and smoked it up through a colossal bong of despair.
Life is a scary, heart-wrenching experience at times. This forum , for me, is a sanctuary where we get real and show our true potential for love and compassion for each other. Sometimes, even here, the true nature of the world, indifference, rears up and spits in our faces.
On that note, let's be good to ourselves and forgive those who trespass against us.
Eh,what?

FF

Hi FF, "why cant we all just get along"? funny but that´s just what one of my songs say!!

https://soundcloud.com/#dr-joyitas/bad-papaya
Chango

Postby tokeless » Thu May 16, 2013 1:06 pm

I think timtom is being unfairly judged really.. I think his intention was to point out some times we can construct something as unbeatable and too hard.. Look at some of the posts.

So, I think some people took it sensitively because they saw it as a judgement of their own efforts either not working or struggling with.

I posted here that I found it the easiest thing to do, because I made a decision that i didn't want to smoke anymore. I don't so anything else in life that I truly don't want to, so why would weed be different for me? It wasn't because it wasn't.
I loved weed and still do, but I made a decision to stop and did. I do have a bong now and then but I choose that and when.

I wish everyone success in what they want, but please don't shoot those of us who did it easier than others and try and point out that the way you see something can affect how you deal with it...

I think many of the posters on here still want to smoke but feel they should stop and that stopping will somehow miraculously change their lives... look for yourself "I quit x amount of time ago, I feel no different"... why would you? because you thought you would?

Everyone is different, even timtom and I.... best wishes
tokeless