Losing interest in work place, is it normal

Postby sahilk » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:32 am

Hey guys,

Owing to my current events at work, I have lost the will to work, going to office seems like such a pain :oops: ....just feel like quitting everything, going off to a new place n starting a new life...Does it sound normal, anyone faced it?
sahilk

Postby JuliusFawcett » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:56 pm

Hi sahilk

Yes, it can be healthy to start again, I've felt that way before. Or you could just stay and work on trying to think about what you love about the job, this is good training.
JuliusFawcett

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:44 pm

Yes, it is normal. Statistics show roughly 70% of people report the do not enjoy what they do for work and I saw a report 2 days ago that 80% of the workforce is actively looking for a new job. That was from the CEO of Monster.com so make up your own mind. Still, it would seem your situation is common.
Richard@DecisionSkills

Postby Fadetogrey » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:43 pm

It certainly is. I'm going through this myself and have gone through it, to varying degrees, in every job I have ever had.

I think a lot of people do feel this way, but some are better than others at keeping it hidden. A lot of people manage to perform well and save face even when they don't like what they do. I wish I knew their secret as I seem to lose all motivation and enthusiasm as soon as I begin to dislike something.

Whatever the job, I tend to become disgruntled after a few months and the rot sets in. I plod on but become increasingly miserable as the months pass. In the worst case I walked out of a highly sought job after only 6 months because I became so depressed. Otherwise I try to stick at things as best I can but I tend to underperform. It goes against my grain as I am by nature a hard worker, but I can't find that drive when I'm not engaged in the work I do. I've had a few different jobs and careers now but I've discovered that all jobs have aspects that trigger these feelings. Guess I just struggle with the daily grind and find it harder than others to tolerate.
Fadetogrey

Postby nnativid » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:42 am

It's true that there will be a point in our lives where we won't like our job. But it is also true that we can do something about it to like it again.

Assuming that it's the job that you wanted then external factors such as your boss, workmates, and the likes affected your way of thinking towards not liking your job. You can still do something about it. Find your inner WHY. Find your reason why you are in that job in the first place. Get inspired.

Grow stronger and live better,
Niño
nnativid

Postby Perez Turner » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:27 am

What factors are behind to losing interest in work place, do you analysed it correctly? Concentrate on work and environment and avoid to pay attention on others maters.
Perez Turner

Postby DeanBokhari » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:22 pm

The primary reason why people lose work motivation is simply because of a lack of growth. When you stop growing, you lose the passion.

Think about it: how many times have you been pumped and passionate about a new job only to realize 8 months down the road that it was the wrong career choice?

Why is that?
I believe that passion is at the intersection of Growth & Challenge.

Typically, we are excited about a new job because it gives new stimuli to learn and absorb. Different things to try and do.

But eventually, it all fades away if we stop challenging ourselves to grow.

I hope that helps you! I write about this extensively at our magazine's blog over at PassionPressDaily. Swing by our website if you're interested in learning more.

Sincerely,

Dean Bocari
Speaker & Life Passion Coach
Author, Ignite Your Passion: Finding Fulfillment in a Busy World
DeanBokhari

Postby calmy12 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:34 am

Lack of growth is one thing.
Also, lack of competitiveness and lack of recognition.
At work, I feel insignificant and left out and I'm the last to know the lastest news.
What keeps me staying there is because I still haven't recover from the crush on one of my collegue.
calmy12

Postby Candy_Heels » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:46 am

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:Yes, it is normal. Statistics show roughly 70% of people report the do not enjoy what they do for work and I saw a report 2 days ago that 80% of the workforce is actively looking for a new job. That was from the CEO of Monster.com so make up your own mind. Still, it would seem your situation is common.

If you want to win the war on drugs ill tell you how to do it. You have to attack the source. It’s not attacking the growers and the suppliers, it’s the people who are responsible for making life so absolutely boring and dull and predictable that you have to ingest toxins into your system just to get away from that. The guys responsible for TGI Fridays and Ashton Kutchner and ‘The last comic standing’ and PT cruisers and 8 simple rules for raping my stepchild and Vin Diesel, and whoever made it so f***ing dull that you’re working five to enjoy two.

I love that blue-collar rhetoric. People that talk about prison like it’s a good thing. You know the guy, “These prisoners have it pretty good if you ask me: f***in three square meals brought to em, they got cable television. That sounds like a pretty good goddamn deal if you ask me.” That’s because you’re a f***in loser and you’ve never thought past cable TV and a frozen dinner as a life.

Maybe that’s what we should sentence prisoners to; your cruel and unusual lifestyle.
“For the egregious crime of assault and battery I sentence you to 15-25 years of a swing shift and the United Parcel Service.”
“No! Please your honour!”
“Don’t you be in contempt of my court son or I will give you two children with crooked teeth to boot.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfAVDuVUMzo
Candy_Heels
Preferred Member

Postby Candy_Heels » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:51 am

Candy_Heels
Preferred Member