Mistakes at work

Postby dreambubbo » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:39 pm

I dun remember if I entered a post here already about mistakes that I've been making at work. I dun understand why no matter how hard I try, I seem to be making mistakes in almost everything that I have to hand in. I think more than 90%! :( It's so sad... I try really hard, I put in at least 10 hours a day during the week and another 8 hours during the weekend. sometimes, I would put in 14 hour days. I feel so shitty. My coworker who has been working for about 1/2 year like me, can be sitting there and finishing what I do in half the time. And at 100% accuracy. Ok. Maybe 99.9%

I dun understand why I am incapable of doing this work. I'm in accounting by the way. :( Does anyone else have the same kind of stories to share so I can feel like I'm not the only one? Anyone with stories of how they overcame this? Please help!!
dreambubbo

Postby satanstoystore » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:51 am

Let's try something. what kind of person, like your coworker, doesn't make mistakes like you do. 5 words or less.
satanstoystore
MVP
MVP

Postby dreambubbo » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:44 pm

Huh??
dreambubbo

Postby satanstoystore » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:23 am

What kind of person doesn't make mistakes like that?

example question and answer (pretend the issue is snowboarding)-
Q:what kind of person hurdles down mountains on a snowboard?
A:Someone who is fearless.
4 words. easy.

See, the opposite of your problem is the answer. But the only one who can come up with it is You. If I answer for you then the answer I provide will lead you somewhere else.

What kind of person doesn't make mistakes like you do?

(3 more questions to go)
satanstoystore
MVP
MVP

Postby dreambubbo » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:59 am

Um.. someone who is not human? Hahha Jks.

someone who is really really careful and thinks really carefully before doing anything?
dreambubbo

Postby dreambubbo » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:46 am

Hi...

I dun really know what I'm writing about right now.. Very tired... And it feels like my depression is starting to come back... :(

I dunno if I should leave this job. People here are nice, except for one coworker who tries to put me down by saying "u are working on that still?" and small stuff like that. People there are friendly, tho they are not my friends. Jealous that they are freinds with each other tho. *sigh* feel like a loser. So stressed out. Working 24/7.. So tired.. :( but if I switch jobs, what if I go into somehting worse? life is just about work... it's takes up If it takes up 2/3 of ur life, how can it nnot be about work??
dreambubbo

Postby Vixstix » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:57 pm

I know exactly how you feel. It doesn't seem to matter how hard I concentrated at my last job. I always made mistakes. I would be walking on eggshells and trying so hard not to mess up, I was nearly in tears everyday but i could not get it right. It was simlpe data - entry and i always put one letter or code in the wrong place and BAM i had sent something to Thailand instead of Australia. I am pretty bad at spelling too. I feel so inferior and stupid all the time. Even though I went to university and have an english degree i still made tons of mistake. I have the same problem with every job i've had and now i'm unemployed and i'm dreading starting work again, cos i think i will only make more mistakes.
I hope this makes you feel better that you're not the only one, i thought i was. I'm not lazy or stupid, i don't know why this keeps happening.
Vixstix

Postby Lyndsay Swinton » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:41 am

Hi all,

Take a look at thispost and see if anything sounds familiar - if so, you might find the links and advice useful.

Warm Regards
Lyndsay
Lyndsay Swinton

Postby Vixstix » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:43 am

I saw that post th other day and I thought it might be related. The thing is I got a C in Maths at GCSE so it cant be dyscalcula and when i'm working out sums at home (ie my monthly budget) then i'm fine. It was the data-entry that was getting me down, a combination of letters AND numbers. So could it still be dyscalcula?
Vixstix

Postby dreambubbo » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:05 pm

Hi Vixstix,

Thanks so much for your reply and sharing. I do feel a better that I know I am not the only one. I hope also that you feel better. I hope that we will be able to work through it together. I know the fear of making mistakes. I would sit in front of the computer, shaking, and not wanting to input anything because I'm afraid of doing something wrong..

Starting to hate those people who don't make mistakes. haha.
dreambubbo

Postby COMMON » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:46 pm

changing your job is definately not the solution to your problems, though i don't know what the solution is.
i work hard, but with not as much effort as i should, and i stuff up a lot, it's my problem and only i can fix it.
COMMON

Postby hypoxora » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:36 pm

I feel like that all the time at work. Sometimes I have got an impression that my boss seem to ignore things I do right and only criticise the mistakes. I am sure u can do some things better than ya college . Nobody is perfect...
hypoxora

Postby suddengreen » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:01 am

Just a few points:
:-These mistakes you talked about - do they happen with everything you do or do they happen in only a few work types ?

:-Do these happen throughout your working day or only during a certain period - Is there any pattern that you have been able to notice ?

:-Are there other things (apart from work) that you do well?
suddengreen

Postby nadajdui » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:34 pm

Hey. I've been working the same job for nearly two years, and I still make mistakes all the time. I work security at a university, and I spend a lot of time in the office doing data entry, filing, dealing with angry or freaked out people. I'm lucky in that my boss is patient and understanding. I wish you the best of luck, dreambubbo. And you're correct, you are definitely not alone. :D
nadajdui

Postby pissedpeng » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:42 am

I don't have to know the detail of the work of yours. It seems your problem is what I googled. I am 1 week unemployed even though given one month notice, I felt lonely so I googled. I didn't tell any of my friends about resigning, they would find out by themselves anway. I just didn't want to repeat the same kind of mistakes when I got a new job. my father is a businessman and frankly I am relying very much on my own hard earn money. I still have two or three paths to choose. nothing can be perfect, eventually I would make up my mind and go for it. Mistakes may still occur, I guess I am fed up of it.
pissedpeng

Next