Why does my face turn so red?

Postby Angelkate17 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:02 am

I have an embaressing problem. OK- my face turns red ALL the time. When I'm not even embaresed, my face is blood red. I feel like I am missing out on most things in life. I'm in 11th grade and when I'm just sitting in class and I even think about turning red, I turn red. And it doesn't help when people bring it to my attention. I think this problem plays a big role in why I am self-conscience and shy. I don't have many friends and I hate feeling like I am completely weird. I've tried everything from breathing techniques, to even placing my cold hands on my face. It's aweful. I feel like I am never going to get married. (which is one of my biggest future dreams). I really have no idea what to do anymore. I just wish I could have someone else's personality. :cry:
Angelkate17

Postby Roger Elliott » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:33 am

Roger Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby satanstoystore » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:56 am

what does this keep you from doing?
satanstoystore
MVP
MVP

Postby erinleigh26 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:57 am

I couldn't understand what your talking about more. Luckily i'm done the most horrible of the years High School. I hated..hated...hated when we had oral projects that we had to stand in front of the class to read. My face would turn soooo red and all i could hear through-out the class was "oh my gosh..look how red her face is" the teacher would be like "are you alright" I mean after about 5 minutes it would calm down. And I know what your talking about I'm not even embrassed more then half the time when it does turn red. Right now it's really bad becuae I work with this guy I have a crush on so I'm always like praying when I go into work and see him that my face will be fine and not turn red and of coure it's turned red so many times now that he evens makes fun of me for it. I've also tried green makeup concelor which is supposed to tone down the red, i've tried breathing, imaging everyone one in the room is naked or in their underwear to get myself to relax and laugh..it seems to others like such a small problem but it's something that consumes me every day. If you want email and talk about that would be fine..because I can totally understand were your coming from.
erinleigh26

Postby brunlapin » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:42 am

bb
Last edited by brunlapin on Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brunlapin

Postby erinleigh26 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:43 pm

it's not in most cases social aniexty it's either you have fair skin and your blood vessels sit closer to the surface of your face so even if your just a little bit nervous it will show..like said before your not even embrassed half the time you just can't control the blood vessels. And some people just have skin reactions to nervouness I had roomate who was very tan and her neck would turn red when she got nervous..it just depends on your skin and stuff. Some people do though just have social aniexty which causes their nervous in return causing their blushing.
erinleigh26

Postby OMEGA3 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:30 pm

GO TO THE LOCAL HEALTH FOOD STORE AND
GET A BOTTLE OF HOMEOPATHIC CELL SALTS
WHICH SHOULD BALANCE OUT YOUR PROBLEM.
OMEGA3

Postby satanstoystore » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:38 pm

sweet! cell salts? btw all caps kind of appears like yelling. if u like to appear like yelling then cool. it doesn't bother me at all but some people get nasty about it.

how do the cell salts work?
satanstoystore
MVP
MVP

Postby frecklenome » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:23 am

Ok, i can totally relate to your story. Everything you said applies to me too. I am in grade 11 and i am terrified of oral presentations because my face always goes red even though im not embarassed. And the other day, i had an interview at A&W, and she asked me what size uniform i would need and my face went SOOOOO red, and im a petite person so i wasn't embarassed. When im sitting in class i try everything to get my face to calm down like putting my hands on my face on putting the side of my face on cold metal. Anyways, i just wanted to let you know ur not alone lol. So i hope you can get over the whole red in the face thing.
frecklenome

Postby Magnatolia » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:52 am

Sounds like you're nervous. It's probably just a sympton like some people breather faster, only yours is more noticeable. Perhaps over the counter meds could help?
Magnatolia

Postby vetteafairy » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:43 am

It happens to me too..and i hate it. Like its not that im embarrased, but i can help but turn red at the silliest thing. Like im going to 11th grade and sometimes im not embarrased but i turn red. And i cant speak infront of other ppl..not even family nor ppl i know. Today i even turned red because i saw a bunch of guys..i didnt want to turn red nor meant to but i did..and it felt horrible..im gonna talk to my doctor bout that to see if she can help..i know how it feels and it suxs so much..

=(
vetteafairy

Postby jisell9036 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:47 am

I've researched this kind of thing. It's caused by an overactive sympathetic system. The sympathetic system regulates things like the diameter of blood vessels in your face and anywhere else. With the right triggers, blood floods into those vessels, showing up as the blotches.

It's usually anxiety related, but it can happen because of other things, like reaction to temperature change.. etc.

My situtation used to be very anxiety centered, but now it's more about temperature change, heat, hot weather, stress, and sometimes touch.

If you are nervous/stressed about a presentation, that may make your skin want to react to it by blushing. It's your body's way of trying to maintain a good temperature.

Whatever you do, do not ever think to yourself that "oh it's going to happen, oh no it's going to happen now!" and things like that. Even though you may have done that, please please try very hard not to think that way. Instead, think, "Everything is fine. Being nervous/stressed is normal. It's totally okay. "
I have a really extreme case of the "blushing;" It affects my face, arms, chest, and neck.

I used to have those kinds of thoughts like "oh it's going to happen."

Even though I am way more confident than I once was, I still have my restrictions. (e.i. rarely ever wear short sleeved shirts in stressful situations) Even though my mindset has changed, the little thought of it happening is still there sometimes.

If your skin is pretty fair like mine, maybe consider tanning (fake tanning of, course). Also, try using lotions (the cooling sensations are calming).

If you get stressed a lot, pick up knitting or crochet. I love them both.
jisell9036

Postby haha yeahhh. » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:11 pm

hey guys, i have the same problem.
my face turns red, even when i'm not embarrassed.
i found it really comforting to read that there are people that have the same problem as me. :D . i felt so alone, like i was the only one that it happened to. i've tried all the stuff mentioned, and nothing works. breathing, putting my hands on my face, leaning against something cold - nope.
i hate it so so so much. i'm a pretty confident person, but i feel like this is holding me back so much. i would do so much more, be more out going, approach more new people, cute boys, hahah, if my face just wouldn't turn red! i really wanna get it lasered or something.
has anyone got it lasered? does it work well? how much did it cost?
thanks!
btw, i'm an 11th grader, light skin.
haha yeahhh.

Postby Krissy » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:54 pm

What a relief, there are others out there!!!! Haha! I'm not on the severe end of it, but it still happens and it bothers me to no end. Does anyone elses face feel really really hot when it turns red? That's how I know it's happening, I actually feel quite warm all over....and most times I'm not even nervous. It's weird, but I'm just glad I'm not the only one....thought I was for a lot of years :oops:
Krissy

Postby kathryn » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:54 pm

Im so happy i found this forum. i thought i was the only one with this problem, but i guess not. i blush all the time. even when im not imbarressed. and sometimes im blushing and i dont even no it untill someone tells me i am and then i start blushing even more and i cant feel it. i wish there was a way we could all STOP blushing. :oops:
kathryn

Next