Weed withdrawal & tinnitus (ringing ears)?

Postby Salsa » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:07 am

Yes, it is a sign of high anxiety. Blurry vision, heavy eyes, eye floaters, spots ... I don't know about medication. I was prescribed Lexapro. :(
Salsa
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 57

Postby johnrlivingston » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:22 pm

george5030 wrote:Dont panic about it man! It happened to me. I dont remember exactly when but it was on the first 4 months. Im 16 months off weed and it does goes away after some time. All good

Thanks George! I'd tell you that this is so important to hear to those of us like me early on in this game, but I'm sure you already know that :wink:

lynne66 wrote:John - That may be about right. When I think back. I have been in a state of anxiety or feeling sort of scattered brain wise when it's happened. Just remembering how I have felt when I noticed it and the setting and all.... Interesting.....The brain is a strange thing when it's healing and changing. I was complaining about PAWS two weeks ago or less and then suddenly I felt pretty well and really clear.

The more I learn about anxiety and its symptoms, the more I realize most all of the physical symptoms I'm experiencing now are anxiety related, as Salsa mentioned. My focus in recovery is going to be learning as much as I can about anxiety, and how to manage / cure it.

Interesting about the migraines! I've been a life-long migraine sufferer - likely the same as you - and I can count the number of times I've had aura on one hand. I haven't experienced what you have yet, but my migraine patterns have definitely changed. I now have much more frequent migraines, but of lesser intensity. Before I used to have maybe 3-4 a year, but when I did have them, they were intense.

Salsa wrote:Does anyone sees black spots in the eye vision? I see them constantly.

Not black spots, Salsa, but I do have a 'fuzzy' spot in my left-eye vision that's noticeable when reading. Last eye exam showed nothing wrong so I think it's related to withdrawal, but can't be sure. I have alot of eye problems that I know are related, however, including slow focusing, & constant eye irritation / dryness / redness. I look higher now than I ever did when I actually was.
johnrlivingston

Likes Received: 114

Postby weed_victim » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:53 pm

johnrlivingston, how long r u off weed?
weed_victim

Likes Received: 7

Postby johnrlivingston » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:14 am

32 days today since going cold-turkey, weed_victim. But I spent the month before that weening down from SHITLOAD to 'hardly any'.
johnrlivingston

Postby weed_victim » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:09 am

You still have long way to go. Improvements are coming, some are late. It depends on the person. It could be even a year or two. It could 6 months. Anyhow, dont ever think that this is permanent. This attitude was destructive to me. Is your tinnitus accompanied by hyperacusis? I had this intensely the first months.
weed_victim

Likes Received: 7

Postby johnrlivingston » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:40 pm

Thanks so much, weed_victim. I hear you (somewhat... haha).

No, I don't have hyperacusis - and yes - I had to look that up. No sensitivity to sound - just the opposite - the volume of the tinnitus makes it difficult to hear sounds in that frequency range.

Since my original post, the tinnitus has already reduced somewhat in volume, so while it's still present all the time, it's definitely improving. I'll use this plus your encouraging words to keep me from going crazy with worry. Most of the time I'm not concerned, but in the depressive periods that come and go, everthing seems worse than it is. I'm sure you understand.
johnrlivingston

Postby Ruak » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:01 am

Yesss salsa!!! I see the black spots
Ruak

Likes Received: 0

Postby PandariaPH » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:40 am

hi, i too am suffering tinnitus, like one night, i was so baked and high with weed, it all started there. i went crazy! i panicked, and my thoughts were really not helping! so i calmed my self and decided to take a sleep. but then my body says i need to sleep, but my mind keeps on insisting i need not to sleep. i wasnt able to sleep through the night. in the morning, i begin to experience depersonalization, i didnt think withdrawal on weed can happen during these times.

i was already planning on quitting, but i have an anxiety problems. i always scare my self to death during my teenage life, but when i smoke weed, i didnt suffer any at all. and one day, it happened, i experienced anxiety during smoking weed. i didnt know what happened or what caused it! i was really in trouble, my heart rate increased. my mind's going crazy! i try to calm my self, and i did, but still thinking of it, i think i went on a vicious cycle, but came to overcame it. and then, 2 days later i smoked again. but this time, it worsen. it made me very uncomfortable. those 2 days, i forcefully get my self to sleep, meaning i cant really sleep well at all. so i decided to smoke again..but that wasnt really helpful. i experienced heavy vision blur, i cant breathe well, feeling numb on my hands, even feeling that my hands are closing, and i try to open it. its true! i cant even hold a glass of water with 1 hand. i needed two hands. and my roommate's gone mad too, made me panicked. but i managed to calm down. its like, im really going to die! but i calmed myself.

then i realized, i needed to stop smoking weed. i am a weed smoker for 3 years, heavy smoking. that night, i thought i experienced those nightmares because i lack sleep. its because of tinnitus which really is doing its thing right now. geez i hate tinnitus.. i think i was just really tired that night, and still smoked weed. i smoked indica weed. well it makes us really lazy and cant move. right now, im suffering from anxiety, and tinnitus. i cant even think clearly when im at school, cant focus much on the lectures. but sometimes, i manage to fight it off, and again tinnitus comes back, with anxiety of course.

but this forum had helped me alot. i didnt know im not the only one suffering from it. its good to know that there are other people who understands and knows my case. i stopped smoking weed for about 5 months now, and last 4 days, when my friends invited me to drink and smoke weed, i was temtped to smoked a few puffs, not that, i was also drunk, and we still had smoked weed. we always had that kind of session, alcohol with weed. but only small amount of it.

i was surprised that when i woke up in the morning, i felt nothing bad. i was expecting that my tinnitus will go worse, but it wasnt. then again, 4 days after, here i am, beginning to feel not good, due to the fact that i wasnt really sleeping good at night again.

i had tried nothing for my insomnia or tinnitus. all i did up until now is convince my self that i am going to be myself again. does any of you sometimes think of memories from the past? flashing back? i am experiencing some up until now, but has lessened

still, im struggling to fight these weed withdrawal symptoms.. depersonalization, tinnitus, insomnia, anxiety.. its really hard.. any suggestions or help from anyone, please i need it. also, still had not consulted an ENT. maybe the tinnitus cause has something to do with my right ear, it was already not good before i had tinnitus, which i thought came from weed withdrawal.. also up roared my anxiety..
PandariaPH

Postby Hoofhearted » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:48 pm

I've also developed tinnitus in my left ear about a month after quiting. I smoked for about 5 years and really potent stuff the last year,

There's very little I've read online and I know this post is old, but I'm curious how everyone is doing.

Has your tinnitus gone away or should I expect it to be permenant?
Hoofhearted

Likes Received: 3

Postby DaWickerMan777 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:50 pm

Hey Hoofhearted- I also smoked for five years, and weed is almost totally socially acceptable where I am. I developed really bad tinnitus in my right ear since I quit. I do think it's related to anxiety, but it still sucks and has kept me up at night. Doctors of course can't find anything wrong with ears.

I went to a forum called tinnitustalk (you can Google it) for some support on that end. There's a wealth of information there. I've read a lot of statistics where they say tinnitus, even really bad tinnitus, can go away from 3 months to 6 months, and sometimes it can take a year. Though if it goes on longer than a year, then it is most likely permanent.

However, apparently many people simply "habituate" to the noise in their ear. I've had it for about a month, so I'm not quite there yet. Apparently it's a rough struggle.

Don't know what your $ or insurance situation is, but I've read that alternative medicines such chiropractor, acupuncturist, osteopath, can help if your issue is related to your body and necessarily hearing loss.

Best of luck.
DaWickerMan777

Likes Received: 20

Postby Hoofhearted » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:34 pm

Thanks for your response DaWickerMan.

I live in Washington State and it legal for recreational use. Potent stuff (30%+ THC) you can buy here for $12 a gram, it was only after smoking this extremely potent weed that i started to notice bad side affects. Mostly increased heart rate and some paranoia.

I've had my tinnitus for about 2 months now and been weed free for 4 months. The tinnitus was extremely frustrating at first and I've learned to ignore it, but can still hear it if I focus on the buzzing.

I've spent many hours scanning through Tinnitus Talk and on various message boards on tinnitus related to withdrawal. The most useful forum on the subject has been the forums on TMJ (tinnitus due to clenching teeth at night due to stress) and Benzo withdrawal (Tinnitus is a common withdrawal symptom), which seems similar to weed withdrawal.

It's been a struggle to get passed this issue, but I'm hoping it subsides in the coming months and will be updating here to let people know if there is hope!
Hoofhearted

Postby DaWickerMan777 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:38 am

Hey Hoof, sounds like a plan. I'm going to update on my progress as well. I'm seeing an acupuncturist who claims to specialize im tinnitus issues. Also if anything, to help calm other withdrawal symptoms. I'll let you know if there's any success.
DaWickerMan777

Likes Received: 20

Postby Johnny123123123 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:13 pm

Hello guys. I will tell you my story.
Sooo im not a regular smoker or i wasnt a regular smoker. It was not a porblem for me to stop smoking for a week or a month and when i did smoke it wasnt much.

But, now comes the but, i smoked once and my hearth rate went really up and it beated strong but that went away after 2 hours. Then after myb a month, i did smoke in the meantime, but after a month it happend again altho i smoked really litte that time since i seen it didnt do me good. Other pepole around me smoked a lot compared to them i almost didnt even smoke but my heart rate went up, i went to sleep with a high hearth rate. The next morning it was still fast and strong and i was scared so i also made a ultrasound of the hearth a week later and the doc said its all good. That resolved itself after myb 2 weeks so my hearth was good i could myb feel it a bit if i would sprint but it was ok i went back to have a normal life.

Then after 2 weeks or so i had some headache, actually the first days it was ok then the 4th and 5th day it was the worst i actually didnt feel pain but it was worse then pain. Then it got better but still there was some pain after but yea that went to be good but now, at the end of the headache came TINNITUS.

So i want to ask you guys are you any better, did it go off, the tinnitus.

I think i smoked the last one 2 months a bit more, ik that i have tinnitus for like a month now and its like changing. I was hearing something in my left ear now its gone but i hear something new in my right ear. I pray to god that i become normal again :`( .
Johnny123123123

Postby Hoofhearted » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Hey Johnny, thanks telling us your story. All of your symptoms I can relate to. The heart rate, the headaches, and the tinnitus. The pain will go away after a certain time, but check in your blood pressure at your doctor. My blood pressure has been high for 11 months so its hard to say if it will normalize. Talk to your doctor about it.

I got tinnitus after about a month after quitting weed like you. I still have tinnitus, but it doesn't bother me like it did. I would constantly be listening for my tinnitus to check and see if it is there. Once i realized "yup... still there" I would measure how loud it is, but that is all relative to how tuned into it you are and is completely useless! I wish someone told me this sooner because it kept me up at night worrying. There is nothing you can do about tinnitus so why worry?! Just a waiting game to see if it goes away or not, so imo its better to just forget about it.
Hoofhearted

Previous