stopped smoking wax 2 days having physical withdrawal sympto

Postby Maddie1234 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:18 pm

:oops: Hey nick I understand it's been around two years since you posted this and I am wondering about your current state and how your depression and anxiety is going. I recently quit smoking wax around a week ago and am feeling very very similar symptoms as far as bad thoughts, racing thoughts, cold shakes, cold sweats, Nausia, anxiety :oops: , and diarrhea. I'm considering seeking therapy and wondering what your input on this would be if you could get back to me somehow that would be great
Maddie1234

Likes Received: 0

Postby Wave » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:53 pm

Maddie1234 wrote::oops: Hey nick I understand it's been around two years since you posted this and I am wondering about your current state and how your depression and anxiety is going. I recently quit smoking wax around a week ago and am feeling very very similar symptoms as far as bad thoughts, racing thoughts, cold shakes, cold sweats, Nausia, anxiety :oops: , and diarrhea. I'm considering seeking therapy and wondering what your input on this would be if you could get back to me somehow that would be great

Hi Maddie,

Welcome here. There doesn't seem to be as many on here who have regularly taken wax, but sorry to hear about the problems you are having.

I am pretty sure the person who started this thread hasn't been here for a while but I hear the early stages of wax withdrawal can be tough.

I would say keep hydrated and lots of exercise if you can.

Keep popping in here and hope the support is useful.
Wave
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 163

Postby Maddie1234 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:49 am

Thank for the tips I'll be sure to pop in and update
Maddie1234

Postby Missivy122 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:08 am

To be honest, everything you're feeling is normal, and I'm here to tell you it does get better. I went to the emergency room for panic attacks where I was cleaning my house for hours at night and when I would sit down for a second i would start to feel like I was dying and had to get up. It's messed up actually, I've been a weed smoker since I was 17, I'm 20 now and I've been off all cannabis for 8 months. It took me getting a prescription, for the lowest dose of clonazapam to be a security blanket I guess you could say, just to make me feel like if I felt out of control, there was help, there was an end to the panic. A lot of cannabis users think oh I don't want to be on medicine, well I go through a bottle every 4 months about. There are times that I feel like the world is ending, but I don't run straight to the pill, I save it for when I just can't cope with my body freaking out. Problem is that when you smoke for self medication, everything you haven't dealt with in let's say the last 3 years gets piled on your shoulders. Causing symptoms of ptsd, panic disorders, a whole load of crap that we stuffed into our subconscious. You'll be alright. I can honestly say I'm the happiest I've been in a long time, it's a rollercoaster ride for sure. But that's life!! You got this!!:)
Missivy122

Likes Received: 2

Postby Sac0 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:28 am

Hi friends, looks like I'm late to the party but I want to offer my 2 cents since this is one of the first google results for concentrate withdrawal. I am currently In day 2 of my tolerance break after a year of smoking numerous blunts and dabs everyday. Every year I quit cold turkey for 3 weeks to lower my tolerance. I've done this 3 times for the past 3 years. Of course your gonna have withdrawal symptoms from not smoking anymore. Plant of healing? Lmao you read too many pro marijuana forums. Marijuana has medicinal benefits for a few. It is for the most part a drug of pleasure. Anything you do that releases endorphins in your brain will be addicting. Even activities that release endorphins such as sex and exercise can be addicting and can result in withdrawal symptoms. It all depends on the person. Marijuana withdrawal is a real thing but not serious like alcohol withdrawal. I think you guys noticed some mild symptoms and are now panicking and overthinking from reading too many negative articles on this subject about more serious problems that I have never heard of in real life. Nobody really writes on the internet about having a good withdrawal, only horror stories. Your depression and anxiety will be the same as before you started. The problem is Now your mind is consumed by the false thought that you have ruined your body and mind from weed making your anxiety even worse and therefore increasing your depression. Positive thoughts are key to overcoming this. A strong mind goes a long way. You are strong and there is nothing that you can't overcome. When it gets bad go do something to take your mind of it. As for Naseau you are probably not use to feeling your stomache as marijuana interrupts the nerve that runs from your stomachs to your brain. The thought of eating heavy greasy food at this moment makes me want to vomit lol. It takes me a week to get my appetite back but this might be different for you. Everyone is different. The dreams and lack of sleep are always the worse part for me due to the disruption it causes in my life. It's currently 7 am and I have yet to fall asleep. This will pass too in a few days/weeks. Take melatonin to help sleep but there isn't really anything you can do for the dreams, juat cross your fingers and hope it's not a nightmare lol. I get the rare headache but nothing Tylenol and hydration can't beat. In general I will feel like garbage and may be unpleasant but It will pass don't worry. All in all 1 weeks to 3 weeks is usually the duration of all symptoms depending on the person. Personally I'm good after 1 week. I would recommend to be careful about therapy as it could end up on your medical records which might make you inellgble for certain things like owning a gun, life insurance, jobs, etc since the federal government and employers/ businesses are tough on drugs. Best of luck to anyone reading this that is feeling uncertain right now. Stay calm and carry on : )
Sac0

Postby Wave » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi,

Firstly welcome to the forum and while I think we are on opposite sides of the fence in regards to cannabis withdrawal, I think you have made some really interesting points in your posts. Lots of us here are from the UK and so don't have wax/shatter, I have a couple of times and did blow me away!

Sac0 wrote:All in all 1 weeks to 3 weeks is usually the duration of all symptoms depending on the person. Personally I'm good after 1 week.

I think I would agree with you on this for the "cant sleep, mind is going crazy, cant control my mood" but the more subtle parts of weed withdrawal last for months. Which, 100% agree with you are far less serious than say alcohol/opiates can lead a lot of people to use weed again (PAWS). I failed many times around 3-4 months as my mind has convinced itself that I could use again. This is the the fault of weed, it is of course mine but this has been why I have found it so hard.

Melatonin is great to sleep (1mg MAX!) but only short term. I started to get some restless nights and now stopped taken it.

When you say you have yet to sleep and its 7am, do you ever think you would quit long term? The thing I hated the most about weed is how it effects your sleep. I sleep 100% better now I don't smoke and was convinced when I was smoking it helped.
Wave
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 163

Postby Whoppa1 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:41 pm

Hey man going through same hell as you self medicating for over 20 years but always smoked bush weed but some strong strains too cold turkey for about ten days now struggled with depression and anxiety my whole life been on meds too .anxeity is worse than the depression a it can just hit you like a freight train out of the blue it can completely take over causing you to do and say totally irrational things.find a hot shower can calm me down and lavender oil for some weird but wonderful reason but I know exactly what you are going through joined th his forum other day and the first thing I realised your not alone there's people all over th world going through the same as us bro .
Whoppa1

Likes Received: 2

Postby Sac0 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:29 am

Hello Wave, I have started to have an inner debate with myself about the very question of quitting. I live in Boston and MJ was just legalized making it very easy to obtain ridiculously potent MJ and has made it more socially acceptable almost to a fault. Before I lived on a college campus where street wax was readily available. The longer I smoke the more I realize that I do it to numb the pain and stress of everyday life although I do smoke for social reasons as well. I do believe that I might of had some depression/anxiety problems before smoking. It also makes me complacent with sitting around and doing nothing. But at the same time I recently graduated college and am about to land a job in cyber security which is an industry that doesn't generally drug test. You could say I am a functioning dab head. If I stopped smoking I would probably drink more because for some reason I need a buzz after a long day. To me alcohol is much worse and has gotten me in much more trouble than MJ. I don't know if I'll stop. I'm hoping as I get older (I'm 23) and experience some more life events I might see some light. Every time I take a break I think I might not do it again but then like you said my mind craves it and I'm right back in it. I also struggle to control myself from smoking all day by rationalizing it in my head. I also agree that the lack of sleep is the worst side effect for me. On a side note today sucked! Had a bad situation occur and it really invoked my depressive self hating thoughts fueled by the withdrawal. Each time I cycle I learn more about withdrawal and the fact that marijuana is a powerful drug that should be respected.
Sac0

Postby Sac0 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:43 am

I forgot to add as well that I've never heard from any of my buddies who quit completely due to jobs of symptoms that lasted longer than a month. Maybe we're just lucky
Sac0

Postby Jaysonwglass » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:06 pm

Hey buddy this is a tough time that you're going through I am actually going through the same thing as we speak. I smoke concentrates on The Daily about a gram of wax a day. Overtime it adds up your tolerance becomes too hi and you don't feel the same when you smoke anymore. I found that quitting cold turkey is very hard but it's the fastest way to get thru this hell. I am currently not dabbing right now I didn't yesterday or the day before I've only smoked MJ and I'm still feeling the effects of not dabbing. My thoughts are racing I have depressed thoughts that are very unhealthy anxiety through the roof the feeling of discomfort in my own skin is probably the most uncomfortable feeling in the world. just know that will pass. My advice to you is force yourself to eat get enough sleep exercise as much as you can eat healthy meals and surround yourself by positive people. Keep reminding yourself that this isn't you and you will see a change. good luck to us!
Jaysonwglass

Postby Rmarbueno » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:49 am

Man I'm going through the same thing at this moment. I'm 26 years old have smoked for about 10 years the last 2 mostly concentrates. I recently just quit smoking(about day 20) but it seems like things are getting a little better but sleep anxiety depression and weird and bad thoughts are still there. It has gotten better but it comes and goes some days are better then others but I have been talking with a therapist and trying new things to stay strong. It feels good to know that other people have beaten this and it makes me hopeful for the future. Just having a hard time with the anxiety depression bad thoughts and not sleeping. I was thinking of going to a buddist temple to try and mediate but haven't gotten around to it yet. I will keep everybody updated as I go thank you all and god bless
Rmarbueno

Postby Theocritus » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:25 pm

Thanks for the posts. I am new here and certainly didn’t expect to find myself reading this blog, just as I didn’t expect to be speaking with a mental health professional as I did recently after symptoms from what I believe was marijuana concentrate withdrawal (not sure if it is relevant, but the store that sold it accidentally gave me concentrate whose best by date was expired by a year.)

Almost two months ago, I woke up in the middle of the night with racing, intrusive/unwanted thoughts that really shook me and still do. I had been using edible concentrates for a few months (I switched to it because I thought I was getting a great deal, ha ha). I didn’t wish to continue while feeling this way. I had had a few “bummer” experiences way back in college and didn’t want to reduplicate that. I had, on a number of occasions, stopped using marijuana over the years, whether buds or basic edibles (I live in a legal state and the average dose is 10 milligrams.) But what I experienced and am still experiencing has been utter hell, particularly at night, as spikes in adrenaline ruin my sleep, and I wake up in the middle of the night, often with intrusive thoughts and my heart racing.

During the day, I can usually put together a semblance of myself, because I do have loved ones that depend on me, but I feel like I am “faking it until I make it.” I have knots in my stomach from intrusive thoughts that seem to be wrapped up in the intense anxiety/panic attacks from withdrawal. It has been a real emotional roller coaster and the last few days have been rough. I just set up an appointment with a therapist, so hoping that helps. Glad to hear I'm not alone.
Theocritus

Previous

Return to Addictions