Seeking help for my girlfriend

Postby __DopeKingg » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:48 am

I am worried that my girlfriend may have a more serious mental health illness than depression and anxiety. She was diagnosed with both a couple years ago, however to me her symptoms seem to be much worse. Her symptoms are as follows: depression, anxiety, rapid mood changes that go from very happy, ambitious, goal-orientated to very suicidal, angry and frustrated with the fact that she Is alive (these changes happen within a few hours of each other, sometimes they each last a little longer than a couple hours maybe even a day, however it always fluctuates), loss of appetite, crying a lot often to sleep or in the middle of the day, hearing voices telling her she is worthless, very high sex drive along with sexual indiscretion in the past, fluctuating self image trouble falling asleep or constantly sleeping & always saying she is tired (physically & emotionally). -- I would appreciate any insight as to what could be going on, any help is greatly appreciated.
__DopeKingg

Likes Received: 0

Postby JohnAnonymous » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:11 am

I'm no doctor, so don't take my word for it. But it sounds like she is suffering from Depression and Anxiety (like you mentioned) But it also seems like there are hints of Bipolar disorder, paranoia, and other mental illnesses related to those two. I would definitely look into her symptoms and consult a doctor, because disorders like the ones displayed never do anyone any good.
JohnAnonymous

Postby __DopeKingg » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:20 am

I appreciate the insight, when I looked into it , it appeared to possibly be bipolar disorder. however I don't know for sure and she refuses to get any further evaluation. I'm not sure what I can do to help her.
__DopeKingg

Postby JohnAnonymous » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:30 am

That's classic anxiety. Somehow you'll have to persuade her, but its bad because if you force it, her condition will only worsen
JohnAnonymous

Postby __DopeKingg » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:33 am

Thank you for your help. I'll try to figure out a way to help her. I really appreciate your input.
__DopeKingg

Postby StephenStevens » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:59 am

Gotta agree with John. If she is occasionally full of energy and sometimes, all she wants is sleep, it is very possible that she has bipolar (mania and depression). Check it out on the internet. Anyway, she should go and visit doctor once again. Perhaps her diagnosis has changed.
StephenStevens

Postby __DopeKingg » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:02 am

I'm not quite sure what to do anymore, she seems to be very adamant about the idea that nothing is wrong,. And it is putting a strain on our relationship, and I keep witnessing her behaving in ways that I know should be looked into. She doesn't want to talk about it or her mental state at all, and believes I'm listing stuff that "i don't like about her." But it is not just me, her parents notice it also. I just don't know how to convince her to receive any help without coming off being forceful. PLEASE HELP WITH ANY ADVICE.
__DopeKingg

Postby karonwoods » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:38 am

Great to see your support to her. Before going for any treatment, consult your physician first.
karonwoods

Postby JuliusFawcett » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:54 pm

What's your gut instinct?
JuliusFawcett

Likes Received: 551