Off weed for almost 3 years, Now I must quit drinking

Postby Soberchic » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:14 am

Awesome so happy for you..keep it going..its funny when i quit drinking my family was happy cause of all the chaos i was causing..My friends were happy that i was better but then they would ask me if i would drink i tried to explain that i cannot drink in safety( my issue with alcohol). They get it now but i think some were sad that i wasnt partying with them anymore. If i want to leave the mess i gotta stay sober..one is too many and a thousand is not enough and that goes for any substance. :D
Soberchic

Likes Received: 18

Postby BCBUDFREE » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:51 am

Thanks for the reply Soberchic. I fell off a bit but I know it is a matter of time before I must go to zero booze. You comment is so true..... one is too many! Day one tomorrow again.
BCBUDFREE

Likes Received: 15

Postby bluey105 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:21 am

I have not smoked for nearly 3 months now. However in this time I have learnt that I should probably quit drinking as well as there are already warning signs there that I have previously ignored.

I am only 32 and live in the UK where you are seen as odd if you don't drink. This will be a challenge.
bluey105

Likes Received: 11

Postby BCBUDFREE » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:21 pm

Day two not drinking. Pretty mad at myself for falling off. Its hard to not drink at all. Like every friday is a chalenge. I just have to consider the bennifits. There are so many benefits. More focus, more energy, less anxiousness.

I will keep thinking of Soberchicks comments. One drink is too much and 10 drinks are not enough.

This is the truth. I will stay strong!!
BCBF out
BCBUDFREE

Postby Soberchic » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:54 am

Hey no matter what keep trying...AA meetings help me alot.. i go twice a week..you learn alot about yourself..hang in there
Soberchic

Likes Received: 18

Postby BCBUDFREE » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:34 am

I guess I have never thought that I was at the stage where a meeting would help. Maybe I can't accept that I need that help right now.

Facts are facts though. I have a pretty awesome family....two young boys 10 and 5 years old deserve a father who is present and sober. I love them so much it hurts some times.

I am letting my boys down every time i drink. They need my attention and when I drink it is on the next can of beer.
BCBUDFREE

Postby BCBUDFREE » Fri May 19, 2017 7:44 am

Still on and off with alchohol. Off for the last two days . I just need to control that part of my brain that says" it's ok man .. you are feeling good .. grab a few cans on the way home, no biggie" Or I see a show where all the characters are drinking and then I want some p. Stupid crap !i have also been sick more this year than ever. new focus. Fit , healthy and feeling amazing!
The routine is what sucks me back in. New routine is in order.
BCBUDFREE

Postby Olsen42 » Fri May 19, 2017 4:29 pm

Everything is good in moderation, weed and alcohol can be harmless if you use it in a proper way. I've been abusing weed for over a decade, smoking multiple times a day, so I needed to quit permanently (only 2 months clean so tough talk huh). Thankfully I don't really care about alcohol, I get drunk maybe once per two months or so. Nobody sane would criticize someone for drinking beer, but if you're drinking 4 beers a day it's a different story.

If you can't control something, ditch it. Good luck man. It must be harder to quit alcohol more than weed, as it's more available and more socially accepted I guess. Hell, I'm from Eastern Europe, even the smallest amount of weed is illegal here and can get you in jail but feel free dear citizen to drink your brains off, vodka bottles in every grocery store, if you don't drink then you're weird.
Olsen42

Likes Received: 2

Postby Quinnster » Sat May 20, 2017 3:18 am

Alcohol could certainly be a contributor to being sick more. I know I was getting colds, allergy related sickness all the time when I was drinking.
It is really tough to quit when you aren't at rock bottom. I know I might not have quit if I wasn't having severe liver pains. It forced me to confront my problem. I hope you can find your own way out.
Quinnster

Likes Received: 16

Postby BCBUDFREE » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:23 pm

Still struggling. I am stressed out with work and it seems to help me sleep after too many coronas. The truth is that i get agitated so easily when in betweeen binges. Alchohol make me feel like i have no control over my life. Day 1 tomorow again. Sucks
BCBUDFREE

Postby getoutnow » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:37 pm

It's interesting to me that in Europe it's so common to drink. I personally get bad brain fog after even a couple weeks of weekend drinking. I imagine a lot of people in Europe could benefit from drinking less or not at all.
getoutnow

Likes Received: 0

Postby BCBUDFREE » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:09 am

Today I thought of something that helped me not drink. Maybe I read it somewhere or maybe it is from my own thoughts. I realized that I will never regret not drinking and I almost always regret drinking. Insert "your drug of choice" if it helps you. Peace and strength to you all!! BCBF Out
BCBUDFREE

Postby BCBUDFREE » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:35 am

I am doing better today. Haven't had a drink in 3 days and now I an dealing with cravings. I think this really relates to quitting MJ as well. WTF is a craving and how do we move past them without giving in to temptation. Iw we are weak and let the animal brain control our behaviour we will never get out of the trap of addiction.

Here is my take on how to deal with cravings and what I have been working on the last few days. As I said before it is so freekin easy to just go buy some and quit trying. Frick this comment created a craving right now for me! Crazy.

SO whats the take home here. Well... identify the craving. Accept it and then see how long it lasts. hmm I wonder what google says about the average duration of a craving for alcohol. Be right back I will check now....... Found this interesting articlehttps://www.rethinkingdrinking.niaaa.nih.gov/Tools/Interactive-worksheets-and-more/Stay-in-control/Coping-With-Urges-To-Drink.aspx

Here is what I am trying to do. see if it works for you:
-Recognize the craving and give it some thought
-Think for a moment why I am having the craving and what my body is saying
-Thing about after all the alcohol has been consumed and the feeling of depression, sadness, sadness, sleep instead of following my dreams, depression, mad at myself but its too late, break the streak, start over at day 1, can’t help others. and on and on. There are a million reasons not to drink!
-For a moment think about all the positives and possibilities
-Go back to the craving now and see if it is gone
-How long did it last, how many a day, when do they happen. How about a crave journal and preparing how to deal with these cravings.

Stay strong my friends and let me know your thoughts on all this.

BCB out
BCBUDFREE

Postby BCBUDFREE » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:05 pm

Struggling today. Drinking is not the answer
BCBUDFREE

Previous