please help me. panic means wetting myself..

Discussions in anxiety, panic attacks, phobias and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Practical help for anxiety disorders.

Postby ellamae » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:11 pm

can you imagine how aweful this is? Im a woman in my late 20's and when I'm in a stressful situation, someone looks at me the wrong way, is sharp towards me, tells me off at work or just shows displeasure at me, and then I have absolutely no control over my bladder. People think I'm strong and outgoing, but when this happens, sometimes twice a week then maybe not for months, I have to be so ingenious to try to hide it. Sometimes I cannot. Then I stand in a pool of wet and want to run away for ever. What can I do? please can someone advise me.
ellamae

Postby satanstoystore » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:06 pm

When did this start? and what sort of person does that? the first thing that comes to mind. no intellectualizing or editing as you type. Just the first opinion about someone who wets themself like that.
satanstoystore
MVP
MVP

Postby ellamae » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:15 pm

I've got no idea what your 'opinion' is saying. In fact, have no idea what any of your post meant? Explain please.
ellamae

Postby satanstoystore » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:44 pm

I get that alot, sorry.

When was the first time you wet yourself under stress?

If you didn't have this condition, and someone told you about a person who wet themself under stress- what would be your thoughts, opinion or belief about them?

Alot of times people try and predict the meaning of my questions and then give me an answer based on what they think I want to know. Those answers just muddy the water. So my post is obscure on purpose. This way I get a clearer picture of what's going on.
satanstoystore
MVP
MVP

Postby ellamae » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:54 pm

ok then, this situation has happened all my life. I'm not a freak, I'm a normal intelligent woman, many friends, very sociable, good job wth responsibility with a problem that I've never sought professional help for as i've always hoped after each episode that it would somehow disappear. It does not. After latest occurrance, found this site so as to seek advice. That's it. Can anyone plase help?
ellamae

Postby satanstoystore » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:54 pm

I'm sorry if my questions made you uncomfortable. I'm attempting to find any core beliefs that may limit your ability to respond [to just wetting]. It could also be related to something from the past. I think hypnosis would be a good option for this.
satanstoystore
MVP
MVP

Postby ellamae » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:04 pm

Tell me more about how hypnosis could help please? All you other folk reading this posting - what are your thoughts. Straight forward as I have been please, not obscure.
ellamae

Postby MatthewTrueland » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:43 pm

Perhaps have a look around the hypnoses forum on this site maybe it will give you a few ideas and some good leads :)
MatthewTrueland

Postby esselle » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:55 pm

Hiya ellamae, your situation is quite a tricky one and one i feel for you about. If it isn't enough feeling anxious, you have the added pressure of a reaction i can only imagine must be quite embarassing for you?
Have you spoken at all to your GP about this lack of bladder control? Could it be something physical that could be 'treated', rather that a simply a reaction you can't control?
Obviously people lose bladder control for various reasons and it may be something that could be fixed - you would maybe need some professional advice to enable you to train your mind to stop connecting fear with the need to pass water?
All of these are purely ideas, but maybe worth a try? For now though, get going with those pelvic floor muscle exercises!
Best of luck to you - Sarah x
esselle
MVP
MVP

Postby satanstoystore » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:07 pm

As long as there's nothing physically wrong...Hypnosis would have your subconscious find alternatives to wetting under stress. It takes care of your blood pressure, heart rate, hormone balance, cell reproduction, gross and fine motor functions, all of that it handles- including generating emotions. It should be able to cover bladder control too.
satanstoystore
MVP
MVP

Postby ellamae » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:28 pm

thankyou both for your ideas. The hypnotherapy route sounds a strong possibility. though now I need to find the courage to find a therapist and speak face to face about this dreadful situation...
ellamae

Postby what to do? » Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:18 pm

How awful for you. And I don't know about 'what sort of a person' remark either, but bet it didn't help you feel better. Perhaps what was intended is that wetting yourself is something we generally do as children out of fright and perhaps that was what he was alluding to - something from when you were a child perhaps? Why does it matter to you so much if someone looks at you funny or is a bit mean? How do you feel at these times? Traditional chinese medicine (TCM) can work wonders through acupuncture and herbs and can help with the bladder and kidneys. In TCM organs are linked with emotions and the kidneys are linked with fear. Just a thought. Maybe have a look on the web at the link between fear and the kidneys. And you know what? any therapist would have heard worse than this, and why should you let this ruin your otherwise good life? You could always start your first therapy session with a joke about needing a loo nearby. Good luck with it all and hope you find a way out.
what to do?

Postby satanstoystore » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:33 pm

Accupuncture is absolutely amazing. I have an aunt who had a brain tumor the size of a tangerine. They removed it, she got accupuncture, reiki, and a bunch of other therapies and seems fully functional now. walks, talks, cooks, cleans, knits, crochets, reads, writes, does basic math (that's all she ever did lol).

Usually I don't explain myself but I think you're comment is partially implied to me, and I think you're intelligent enough to understand my reasoning. I didn't explain my "what kind of person" question because it has to do with identity. First, either by design or by accident, if someone has integrated and identity belief and they don't know it then it can create alot of problems. Second, if they don't know they've integrated this into their identity it's not likely they will consciously think of it. I had to be vague to get a response. What was working against that is the fact that women are much better at language skills, like ambiguity and implication, than men. ANyhow, rather than answering the question directly she chose to discover the underlying implications. To do that one has to go back throughout personal history and evaluate what a "what kind of...." question implies. This leads to attachment to the answer. I think you must have done the same thing.

I'm not attached to the answer, I'm not attached to the question either, and the question has nothing to do with me attempting to be judgemental or cruel.

The simplest and easiest change is to go back along their path to the very first step that they took in the wrong direction and to turn their foot back on course. If a pilot going from LA to hawaii were to start of 1 degree off and never reset course, he could end up in Alaska or some other place. It's much easier to change 1 degree than 90 degrees and spend all that energy and time correcting course. IF there were an identity shift to wetting, finding it and nullifying it could result in an immediate and permanent change. So that's my attachment- find the simplest and most profound change possible. Perhaps I should update it to- find the simplest and most profound change possible w/ a nice bedside manner lol.
satanstoystore
MVP
MVP

Postby what to do? » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:38 pm

Yes probably. If only life were that simple to find the place where you first made the choice of identity or defenses or behaviours and then go back somehow and unpick the reasoning that went with it. I remember making concrete choices about what sort of person I would be when I was very young. And some of those choices have served me and others are now getting in my way - so hard to work it all out. But yes its a clever question but I wonder if she read it as cruel like i did? Think she'll find your reply here helpful, I have. I feel for the girl with the wetting because for a woman that is just a nightmare, the sense of humiliation she must have with it. It needs fixing asap for her i think.
what to do?

Postby satanstoystore » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:13 pm

*nods* mmhmm I totally agree. I just had this gut feeling that someone had said something to her when she was very little and that she took it to heart.
satanstoystore
MVP
MVP

Next