Interesting method I've heard about

Postby Lazerald » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:09 pm

For self hypnosis, I've heard that if you say your suggestions out loud before you go into a hypnotic state, it would be more effective.. Have any of you heard of this? Maybe I can do this with some sort of meditation style

- Say suggestions out loud 10-15 times
- Meditate
Lazerald

Likes Received: 0

Postby jargan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:37 pm

I do something similar sometimes. It hasn't done any harm so far. ;)
jargan
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 34

Postby Ben1987 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:50 pm

Get in touch in the case you like to learn more.

Just shoot me a message via skype.

-Ben
Ben1987

Postby fan_of_hypnosis » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:22 pm

Never heard of it.

I wonder why it would work better while saying it when you're in a light trance?
fan_of_hypnosis

Postby moondaddy1 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:00 pm

Once you've got yourself into the relaxed state it's thought to be more effective if you slowly but clearly whisper the suggestion or affirmation to yourself maybe around something like 10 - 20 times, then pause for a minute or two and then whisper the latter, active part of the affirmation/suggestion a few more times, then let it fade off into a purely mental repetition, then let it fade out altogether.

It can of course be a bit problematic maintaining the semi conscious verbal repetition and being relaxed enough to leave the subconscious open enough to accept or absorb the import of the suggestion/affirmation, which is one reason why people use downloads or hypnotherapists.
moondaddy1

Likes Received: 4

Postby Anthony Raven » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:13 pm

I think the method you're referring to is the blueprint method. The idea is that you state or write down the suggestion before entering trance and then hand it over to your subconscious mind when in the deepest state of trance. It saves from breaking trance by talking. I think it also works better for more visual people as they can imagine the suggestion as a symbol or ball of energy entering their body(symbolic morphology).

Don't know where it originates from but first place i saw it was "Hypnosis and accelerated learning" by Pierre Clement. Great book. Buy it if you're seriously into self-hyp.

Cheers,

Ant
Anthony Raven

Return to Hypnosis