I feel lonely

Postby LittleMissScrewup » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:27 pm

I don't have a lot of friends. I used to be on a forum for people with autism, but I no longer liked putting up with trolls there anymore, so I asked to be permabanned. I recently signed up for Aspies Central, but I never got a confirmation email or anything, and my account was removed. There were a couple other forums like that, but both are pretty much deserted. Why do these things have to happen?? All I ever want is to be accepted, but that will never happen... :cry:
LittleMissScrewup

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:43 pm

Get off the Internet. Get out of forums. Get out into the real world and make real relationships. I'm not saying pursuing real world interactions is comfortable or easy, but living your life through a computer screen is not helping you.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1136

Postby LittleMissScrewup » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:50 pm

Richard, do you have any idea what it feels like to be an introvert??

I'll sum it up in 2 words: it sucks. I find it difficult to communicate with other people at most times because it is too hard. I can't say the right words, I sometimes stutter, and it makes me feel awkward. It's not fair! Did you ever think about that??
LittleMissScrewup

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:57 pm

I am aware there are people that are introverts. I am aware introverts struggle. The absolute worst invention in the world for introverts was the Internet. It is like making cocaine readily available to a drug addict.

If you want to no longer be an introvert, work on giving up your cocaine. This means smash your computer, sell your smart phone, disconnect from your digital existence. Like I said in my first post, it is not easy, it is uncomfortable. I understand it is not easy, but it doesn't change the facts. The same as the solution for a drug addict is to flush whatever cocaine they have down the toilet, an introvert needs to get rid of things that enable them to maintain their comfortable, hidden existence.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1136

Postby WonderGurl » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:04 pm

Well, tell you what; self-pity is yet to get anyone anywhere worthwhile.

There are introverts, and there are introverts with lack of social skills. Saying that you are socially awkward because you are an introvert is just irrelevant logic. The fact you find it a challenge to talk to people has absolutely nothing to do with being an introvert.

Face your fears around social interactions and resolve them. While you're dealing with your fears, you might as well learn how to interact with people. For instance, you could start reading http://www.succeedsocially.com
So, when you're ready to go out there and start putting theory in to practice, celebrate your small victories. In no time, voila, you're an introverted social butterfly. The end.
WonderGurl
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 136

Return to Relationships