4 and a half months

Postby Antmorales16 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:57 pm

:| Is slow thinking, lack of excitement, and inability to reason out thoughts common at 4 months weed free? Does sobriety really get better. I've seen improvement but I'm scared that I won't improve anymore. I'm questioning every little thing..Thank you guys
Antmorales16

Likes Received: 9

Postby Antmorales16 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:09 am

And my attention span is still very bad. I'm struggling with irrational thoughts like "what if I have ADHD? Or add? Or something like that.. Does the attention span come back? I still have bad anxiety but nowhere near before.. That seems to be improving
Antmorales16

Postby Blazedout420 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:24 am

Hi mate, I'd say that's normal from my experience burn everybody is different, I'm nearly a year weed free and the anxiety has pretty much gone and if it does spike up and I can control it much more easily now and move on with my day. I still get the odd thought popping up but because the anxiety isn't there anymore well, not like it was i don't pay attention to them.

As for the excitement and emotions etc this still isn't where it used to be but it's not as bad as a few months ago. I guess this is what will take the longest to come back for me as everything I enjoyed doing I did high for the last 10 years plus. I do find myself laughing and smiling again from time to time and i think to myself that felt like me again which is improvement.

Sometimes I wonder why I don't seem to get excited like I used to for example over sex, which makes me worry there's something wrong with me or maybe my gf which would have snowballed my anxiety a few months ago but now when I think about a broader range of activities I don't enjoy any of them like I used to, which is a much more rational thought.

I can get some enjoyment out of things now unlike the first few months where I felt like I was on a different planet to everyone else. Things are slowly coming back to me. I find f I think about how I felt before I start to get depressed feelings so I just try not to look back and keep moving forward.

You'll be ok mate its just hard keep battling through it does get better with time. The first 6 months were the worst.
Blazedout420

Likes Received: 12

Postby Antmorales16 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:27 pm

True yeah your right man. The only thing that bothers me is the attention span :/ I have the attention span of a squirrel. My anxiety thinks I have infact gon mentally ill. Last night I woke up in my sleep and started talking in my sleep.. I even laughed. My anxiety is convincing me something else is wrong. It's just scary. But I've made ALOT of improvements from the last time we spoke.. Month 4 I've started to see small improvments will
My ability to focus get better? And will I be able to remember things again?
Antmorales16

Postby Antmorales16 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:18 pm

Fatigue is also another thing
Antmorales16

Postby LondonScouse » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:31 pm

The attention part takes a lot of time to come back, but eventually it does

4 months is not long in the grand scheme of things. Give it another 4 months, and you will be in a better place but may still not be be 100%.

Patience is a virtue
LondonScouse

Likes Received: 12

Postby Antmorales16 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:12 pm

Ahh really. So your attention span was kinda shot at first?
Antmorales16

Postby Antmorales16 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:46 pm

My anxiety has me scared I have some chemical
Imbalance they will never make me happy again. Idk how to explain it.. Like I feel better still don't have a peace of mind.. My thoughts are still so draining in a way but have gotten better..it puts me in a depressed mood. Is this just another part of recovery? It's really just the wierd depressed anxious thinking that has me feeling this way. I know I have a good life.. Sorry guys just venting and seeking reassurance. I've been doing s good job of not worrying about my symptoms..but today I'm just so anxious about being normal.
Antmorales16

Postby Antmorales16 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:47 pm

I guess this all goes down to anxiety
Antmorales16

Postby CKD8323 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:34 am

I'm just over 3 months off weed and I'm feeling really weird too. My anxiety is in a very alert state and can be triggered very easily most times. I find myself in this strange place with nicotine. I'm addicted to it and if I try to stop I can get panic attacks, if I smoke or try to use a patch my blood pressure and pulse go up (obviously) which can send my anxiety soaring. Now this is the last substance I am on and I know it's hindering my progress cause sometimes I can get into this sweet spot and I feel so much better than during these anxiety spikes. I know this is a random topic but if someone has any experience with this sort of things any insight would be greatly appreciated. Also I feel like I'm legit f***ed up forever. Like I'm going to end up in an insane asylum strung out on pills that lobotomize you. Please tell me these feelings like something is forever wrong is normal. I know I've read it before.....it's been a really hard day and it's probably the first time in a while I've lost 100% of my hope for healing and the future. I apologize if I highjacked your thread @antmorales16 just feeling really really terrified tonight. I hope you are all doing well and better than yesterday
CKD8323

Likes Received: 1

Postby DaWickerMan777 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:24 am

Not sure if it helps but I always read that 3 to 4 months being off of weed is marginal at best. You need way more time before you feel better. I'm at just about 3 months myself and still get bad anxiety attacks, weird thought, and sometimes bad sleep.
DaWickerMan777

Likes Received: 27

Postby Antmorales16 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:23 pm

True. there is hope I will be normal. I just feel like I'll never feel better. Hopefully those are just thoughts and not acutslly real.
Antmorales16

Postby DaWickerMan777 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:16 pm

Man I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've gone from "I will never be my old self again" for 2 weeks straight, then have a decent night's sleep and think... oh maybe I'm not f***ed. I truly believe it's PAWS and it's absolutely normal. Doesn't mean it's fun though, I do get feelings of pure misery most of the time.

It just comes down to having to "ride it out". It's not fun at all and truly makes me wish I never touched weed in my life. But this is the cross we must bear.

Not only is there hope you will be normal, I'm thinking there's a guarantee. Have you read the user on this forum, biggiesize's story?
DaWickerMan777

Likes Received: 27

Postby Antmorales16 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:15 pm

I'm the same way bro expect mines is like daily.. For like a couple
Hours I'll be like "okay it's just sobriety.. It takes time" but then the other side is like.. "It shouldn't take this long to feel like yourself.. Something else is wrong.. It can't be weed.. But really the main symptom is anxiety. It's crazy how anxious my thoughts are
Antmorales16

Postby Antmorales16 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:16 pm

The anxiety really does take a while to away.. I think 4 months is a lot but I wonder how I'll be another 4 or 5 months
Antmorales16