after 7 days i can stop my cravings

Postby lmcbride » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:25 am

Congrats Ade! I'm almost at 10 months and feeling better and better as each month goes by.
lmcbride

Likes Received: 69

Postby bh1984 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:39 am

You bloody know when its over don't you pal, one week down and the rest of my life to come without that bitch dragging me back!!! manic week gone, still poor sleeping, but appetite back... head cloudy as **** (like full of cement), but moment of clarity and lacking the constant paranoid thought patterns already... How is your family mate?.... atlast ive got my f***ing hiking boots on and im smashing up the mountain... sending my love bro - your pal Bevano
bh1984

Likes Received: 21

Postby Ade,wales » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:46 pm

18 months !!!!

2 years ago i never would have thought i'd have done this. Or even thought about attempting a quit. But at every major landmark i feel prouder at what i've done. And i dont miss it one bit. Only when i put an entry in here do i think about it.

Its amazing how much my life used to revolve around it - chasing it, the amount of things i'd do thinking i'll have a spliff first to make it more enjoyable, rushing home because i cant wait for that first one of the day, then cant do so many things because i'm now stoned, sh*tting myself when the doorbell goes, the places i didnt go, the people i didnt see, etc etc. I dont miss that sh*t at all

18 months ago was a major turning point in my life, i only wish i'd done it earlier, but i cant change anything so just looking toward the future. As for how things are now - i'm pretty good, cant complain really. 1000 times better than after month 1 or 2, but not 100% yet, i think, or maybe i am. Things might not get any better, but im at a place where im ok with that, im alright. If i do see more improvements then thats a bonus.

What would i like to see ? A sharper quicker brain function, more energy, a general happier with life feeling, more motivation to do the things i would need to get stoned to do e.g mowing the lawn, enjoyment from reading or movies seems to be less now.

But we'll see what the next 18 months ill bring

Keep at it everyone
Ade,wales

Likes Received: 103

Postby Julia Stretton » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:45 pm

Yay, well done! That's a great achievement, and you must feel really good about yourself, and about all the other changes that come along with quitting.

I must admit, I'm so busy that I haven't had the time to read other people's threads (although one day I might take a couple of hours time to do exactly that), but I noticed the title of your one. I'm only nine days off weed myself, and I stopped smoking tobacco just over a month ago, but from day one I've hardly had any cravings at all. The biggest problem for me is probably the lack of sleep - although I fall asleep easily enough at night, I wake up early in the morning, and then I find it impossible to go back to sleep again. But all the small changes I make to my life every day are more than worth any unpleasant side effects of quitting, which are only going to be temporary anyway. Once I get the first appointment with my psychotherapist, that's going to help improve things even more.

Congratulations on your success, and hope you continue to keep us updated!
Julia Stretton
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 71

Postby bh1984 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:55 pm

Ade, well done mate you've done a good job. I'm still on the wagon but the start of the second month is hard for me the original energy and focus to quit isn't as strong. But I'm just going to sit it out, last weekend was so sad and really hit the family.

Haven't been on here last week, because I don't think it helps my mindset, better just to leave behind and get on with life so I'm going to disappear , keep in touch by email or text mate, and we will meet up and have that beer. Well done again mate!!!
bh1984

Likes Received: 21

Postby Ade,wales » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:03 am

Well today marks TWO YEARS weed free !!!

Haven't posted for a long time. Haven't got much to say. Still have absolutely no wanting of smoking the green devil. Just going about my normal weed free life, no looking back.

I come in contact with it now and again, the pungent smell, and just think to myself, god no never again. The s**t that came with it, no thanks.

I think I have overcome the effects from 20 odd years of abuse. But maybe in 6 months I'll be able to report more positives as they develop. As for now I'm in an ok place. Hate to think where I'd be if I didn't quit.

Anyone reading this thinking of quitting, just do it. Commit yourself, persevere, it'll only get better. The hardest part is the first 5 seconds - deciding to go for it. Good luck
Ade,wales

Postby Vape Addict » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:51 am

That's brilliant to read - congratulations!!!
Vape Addict
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 44

Postby Ade,wales » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:06 pm

Well 2 1/2 years have passed. Still going strong with zero desire to smoke. Wouldn't even be tempted if I was with all my old smoking buddies , Howard marks, snoop dog and bob Marley all together in a room.

It's not been an easy ride. In fact took me to hell and back. But it is the only way out of that evil bitches grip over you. Either you smoke for the rest of your life, not enjoying it, being unhappy, going nowhere,wasting your precious life, or you stop. It's hard. But possible, as I have proved

You've got to fight for it. Force yourself to do it. The longer you can do it the less of grip that f***ker will have on you. Then you can be yourself, achieve what you want, be free of those chains. you've got to get out of the bubble to look back in to see how pointless it is, what a waste.

Good luck to you all. Just do it and stick at it, no matter what it puts you through. There's light at the end of the tunnel. And a better life
Ade,wales

Postby Bagobones » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:20 am

Good job dude! With everything. I am 10 months straight. I remember reading this thread when starting my quit journey.. good stuff mate. Proud of you and inspired by you dude... Howard marks, snoop dog and bob Marley?? Now thats a winning team.. I actually bought and read Marks book in Thailand many ears ago..
Bagobones

Likes Received: 142

Postby Ade,wales » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:37 pm

Thanks. Mr.Nice is a cracking book. Legend. I also read it in Thailand

10 months is excellent. Good job. You've got over the worst. Things just get better from now on
Ade,wales

Postby Wave » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:38 pm

2.5 years, epic job!!!

Thanks for coming back to say how far you have come, so pleased for you.
Wave
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 211

Postby Ade,wales » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:48 pm

Just thought I’d bump my old posts if anyone was interested in the crazy crap I went through when first giving up
Ade,wales

Postby Ade,wales » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:10 pm

Bevano, furtive and wave; would love to hear from you.
Ade,wales

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:44 pm

Hi Ade,

You are a beast! 3.5 years and all that mess. How's your health, wife and kid?

it's amazing that you have zero cravings now. Do you still feel any of the PAWS related issues?
ashthewarrior7

Likes Received: 78

Postby BullFrog » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:35 pm

Thanks for bumping your post up as I had not read this one. What an encourgement!! You are the MAN!

And I second what ash is asking, how's your health, wife and kid? How you feeling? 100% yet? Finding enjoyment in books and movies again?

Look forward to hearing from you soon!
BullFrog

Likes Received: 71

PreviousNext