Quit journal

Postby George from UK » Mon May 07, 2018 1:43 pm

DAY 17

Woke up feeling a bit down to be honest today. Was working in the blazing sun so i feel wiped out and looking forward to bed. by the grace of god i didn't buy beer.

George
George from UK

Likes Received: 71

Postby George from UK » Tue May 08, 2018 12:18 pm

DAY 18

Got the day off work today. Feeling good! i got more built up chores completed in one day today than in weeks when i was on drugs. The night sweats seem to be getting better too.

Hope this is helping others who read it!

George
George from UK

Postby George from UK » Wed May 09, 2018 5:38 pm

DAY 19

Feeling good again today. Had a rough nights sleep though last night, probably had 4 hours sleep at most haha. I still woke up feeling more energetic than 12 hours sleep waking up hungover from a weed or alcohol fueled night though!

I really hope i am inspiring someone out there reading this!

George
George from UK

Postby George from UK » Thu May 10, 2018 7:36 pm

DAY 20

Feeling back to "normal" now i think. The night sweats are still a thing, but are diminishing.

George
George from UK

Postby Cali-Detroit » Thu May 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Oi George! Sorry I'm a Yank but I always loved that greeting. Well done man, your on your way.
Every person here inspires each other from what I see so far. Almost 3 weeks is stellar. I'm at day 36 and it's miserable, but hearing from and reading other people's experience has helped me immensely. We are in a netherworld of sorts right now as I see it. Far from the wonderful weed clouds of bliss, but light years away from ever being right again. I reality, it may be a year or two, longer if you were a hardcore head like myself. But it seems an eternity. Have faith and trust what others who have gone through this period. They will tell it straight, and maybe someday, we can do the very same thing for others like ourselves. I can almost guarantee there will be plenty more who will need help, support and guidance as the years roll on. Take care and chin up!

Peace
Cali-Detroit

Likes Received: 73

Postby George from UK » Fri May 11, 2018 6:37 pm

DAY 21

Feeling mostly good about things. I've been doing meditation using a phone app called "headspace". It does seem to quite my mind a bit afterwards. I'm currently meditating instead of medicating, Haha.

The night sweats are still somewhat there i think, it's hardly noticeable though, Just have to change my t-shirt midway through the night. Which i can't be sure is due to the detox anymore

One thing that i am anxious about the last few days is all the time I've wasted in my life, all the money I've wasted and missed opportunity. My mind seems to be dwelling on a lot of anger towards people too: my dead dad, Old school bullies etc.

I know it's ridiculous but i struggle to stop my mind looping over and over and over again. I'm hoping the 12 step meetings i'm going to join and the meditation and other counselling will help with my mental issues. I know i can't do this alone and i need help. I've been trying to quite weed and booze for about 7 or 8 years now and failed after a few months every time.

To conclude today... I have the disease of addition and always will!
Thanks for reading, sending out my prayers to you all, even though i don't know how to pray really, lol

George
George from UK

Postby exstonerinhell » Fri May 11, 2018 6:57 pm

George from UK wrote:One thing that i am anxious about the last few days is all the time I've wasted in my life, all the money I've wasted and missed opportunity. My mind seems to be dwelling on a lot of anger towards people too: my dead dad, Old school bullies etc.

A long term (1 year + ) quitter here who's on the other side, Cleanofgreen, has a great outlook on this kind of thinking....

Cleanofgreen wrote:A bit of advice for those in the process of quitting, there's no point in continually looking back and beating yourself up for the past mistakes or wasted years, look back once learn from the mistake and start moving forward. It's like looking at your child learning to run where they are being chased and keep looking behind them whilst running forward and eventually fall and hurt themselves. This is the same for all life, while trying to move forward you can't keep looking at the past or you'll end up hurting yourself.
exstonerinhell

Postby George from UK » Fri May 11, 2018 7:01 pm

exstonerinhell wrote:
George from UK wrote:One thing that i am anxious about the last few days is all the time I've wasted in my life, all the money I've wasted and missed opportunity. My mind seems to be dwelling on a lot of anger towards people too: my dead dad, Old school bullies etc.

A long term (1 year + ) quitter here who's on the other side, Cleanofgreen, has a great outlook on this kind of thinking....

Cleanofgreen wrote:A bit of advice for those in the process of quitting, there's no point in continually looking back and beating yourself up for the past mistakes or wasted years, look back once learn from the mistake and start moving forward. It's like looking at your child learning to run where they are being chased and keep looking behind them whilst running forward and eventually fall and hurt themselves. This is the same for all life, while trying to move forward you can't keep looking at the past or you'll end up hurting yourself.

Thanks for the great advice. It means alot to me to have some support! Thanks again!

George
George from UK

Postby Bagobones » Sat May 12, 2018 12:32 am

I only have experience with weed, not alcohol.

Those thoughts will come up. They did for me. Cleanofgreen put it best. Look foreward not back. One thing I have to add though, is that those feelings will get easier to deal with. I think it has something to do with the "feel good chemicals" in our bodys. I am no doctor so I cant really explain other than how i felt. But those feelings and some of the bad feelings for yourself (regretts) goes away. I suspect its chemical. To keep it short, you love yourself and others more. Or a little bit different than how you see it as a chronic smoker...

badly explained... :)
Bagobones

Likes Received: 105

Postby George from UK » Sat May 12, 2018 6:50 pm

DAY 22.

I've just woken up from a nap, feeling good today, mostly positive, it's Saturday And i don't have any urges to use thank god! i feel a bit lonely and regretful but other than that not too many bad emotions.

I'm gonna order a takeaway i think tonight. I did a strength training workout today. I felt amazing half way through and afterwards, i love working out after about the first 10 minutes, heh.

Hope you are all doing at least as well as me?

George
George from UK

Postby George from UK » Sun May 13, 2018 5:52 pm

DAY 23

Another good day all in all. Invited my friend round for some BJJ/GJJ Training, first time iv'e trained in years and was really enjoyable, even if i did get tapped out 2 out of 2 times, lol.

After training i noticed my disease telling how good a few sensible beers would feel on a sunny evening like this, heheh. Naughty brain!

I also did half an hour on the treadmill using my new blu-tooth headphones, no more dam cables to annoy me!

Hope this is providing some inspiration!

George
George from UK

Postby Anxious_mary_420 » Sun May 13, 2018 6:09 pm

Sounds to me like you are doing a fantastic job George, well done. Like you I have been angry lately with my dad who died 2 years ago..weird isn't it these feelings. I've struggled today to quiet the anxiety and have decided to get some help from a drugs help centre that I phoned today. Looked at going to M.A meetings but there all in central London or Brighton so a bit to far.
Keep up the good work George, your posts are very helpful to me x
Anxious_mary_420

Likes Received: 41

Postby George from UK » Sun May 13, 2018 6:35 pm

Anxious_mary_420 wrote:Sounds to me like you are doing a fantastic job George, well done. Like you I have been angry lately with my dad who died 2 years ago..weird isn't it these feelings. I've struggled today to quiet the anxiety and have decided to get some help from a drugs help centre that I phoned today. Looked at going to M.A meetings but there all in central London or Brighton so a bit to far.
Keep up the good work George, your posts are very helpful to me x

Hi there,

Yeah i noticed all the M.A meeting are a long way from me too. I'm in Lincolnshire. I downloaded the M.A phone app. On there you can join phone and online meeting. I too am going to join a 12 step program. The only ones local to me are A.A meetings. But as far as i can tell they're all similar!? The same literature if i'm not mistaken.

My dad died 4 years ago on the 1st of July this year. I think everyone tried there best. Some just let there additions or demons control them. My dad didn't stand a chance of kicking booze in his day and age. in 2018 though there's so much help and less stigma around addition it's really on us now-a-days. Just my own thoughts here. I could be wrong on some points

George (from the UK)
George from UK

Postby George from UK » Mon May 14, 2018 8:07 pm

DAY 24

Hi all, not much to say really. Had a good day free of my drugs of choice. I know i always say it but, i hope all is going as well as possible for you all!

George
George from UK

Postby George from UK » Wed May 16, 2018 5:14 am

DAY 26

Sorry i didn't update yesterday, nothing went wrong with my quit i was just very busy and tired. The sun as been blazing hot the last few days and i think i'm coming down with a cold. Finally woke up this morning without a headache for the first time in a couple of days.

I've had a lot of exercise lately and i might have worn myself out a bit. On the plus side i'm still feeling mostly positive. My appetite as come back with a vengeance, lol. I wasn't one of these stoned guys who gets the munchies and eats food. I was like a meth addict with weed. Eating and anything else for that matter got in the way of my weed smoking and alcohol drinking, haha.

Hope everyone is realizing you're all doing the best you can with what you have!

George
George from UK

PreviousNext