After 2 months my withdrawal symptoms are back stronger

Postby sdooris94 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:01 am

I have never posted on a forum before and i'm not quite sure what to say.

So i have been clean for two months tomorrow after eight years of constant smoking. I have quit cold turkey. Everything has been great up till yesterday. The first two weeks were very hard but manageable. After these two weeks my withdrawal symptoms faded away and i was happy i was motivated and barley thought about smoking cannabis at all. Until yesterday i don't know what i did wrong but i cant stop thinking about it, i barley slept last night and when i finally did fall to sleep i even dreamt about it. I messaged someone i knew that smoked yesterday and got a number to go and buy some. Today is a real battle. Mentally i can feel myself giving in the cravings are starting to beat me. I don't want to waste the effort I've put in i don't want to reset everything I've done so far. I feel better getting this of my chest.

Thank you for listening
sdooris94

Likes Received: 0

Postby tokeless » Mon May 21, 2018 11:26 am

Get rid of the number ASAP because the longer you have it the more likely you will use it. Cravings can be intense but manageable. Don't try and ride them out, get out, visit people who don't smoke and do things that calm you. You've come this far, don't waste it. Weed won't change anything other than put you back to square one. Crazy dreams are part of coming off but they'll lesson in time. Just stay focused and you can do this.
tokeless

Likes Received: 228

Postby sdooris94 » Mon May 21, 2018 1:57 pm

tokeless wrote:Get rid of the number ASAP because the longer you have it the more likely you will use it. Cravings can be intense but manageable. Don't try and ride them out, get out, visit people who don't smoke and do things that calm you. You've come this far, don't waste it. Weed won't change anything other than put you back to square one. Crazy dreams are part of coming off but they'll lesson in time. Just stay focused and you can do this.

Thank you tokeless i have taken your advice and have deleted the number. I went out and visited my grandmother which took my mind of matters. Thank you for your reply. I will continue this fight.
sdooris94

Likes Received: 0