My Nephew is Dying in Hospital and My sister is Distraught

Postby Mikeberman » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:48 am

I have came here to find support and some help psychologically as my nephew was sadly involved in a hit and run incident while he was on holiday in Cambodia he is only 18 years old, my sister is in a very terrible way as this has completely broken our family's hearts i'm looking to hear from anyone that has been in a similar position. We don't know what to do and I am supposed to be one of the men in this family. I don't particularity know why I am posting here but anyway I am. I just hope things will get easier.

If you would like to read about my nephews (Antonio) Story then you can reply here and I can send you his story.
Mikeberman

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:19 pm

The only thing you can do is be there.

Ideally be there is physically. You can be there in case she wants to talk and you can offer to take care of little things and provide comfort. You can be there as a second pair of ears, helping her understand and work through any options.

If you can’t be there physically then all you can do is offer to listen and support her emotionally.

Being there is all you can do. That is it.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 997

Postby Mikeberman » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:15 pm

I want to post a link to the gofundme page so people can read about what has happened. I will do everything i can
Mikeberman

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:19 pm

Mikeberman wrote:I want to post a link to the gofundme page

Nope.

I sensed that with your initial post, but gave you the benefit of the doubt. This forum is not to promote your gofundme page. There is a reason you can't post the link.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 997