13 months weed free

Postby Robb1e_g » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:32 am

Hey guys it’s been awhile since I’ve posted, but this will probably be one of my last posts as I’ve overcome weed withdrawal and am here to give hope and encouragement to everyone suffering.

I’ve always dreamt of the day when I would come on here and be able to tell everyone I made it through, and today is that day.

I would recommend you go through my posts when I first started to get a feel of the severity of my withdrawal; I honestly thought I wouldn’t be able to make it through and had suicidal thoughts through most of it. (up to month 10 or 11)

I only had physical symptoms for the first few months and the rest was mental. I went from holding my mothers hand in a fetal position crying regularly and not being able to even complete simple tasks to loving the life god gave me.

My symptoms were:
Horrible anxiety (mainly existential)
Depression
Extreme fatigue
Forgetting who I was
The world looking alien and unreal most of the time
Hating myself
Extreme stress
Tingling sensations in my head
Dr/dp
Wanting to escape
No pleasure in anything
Everything feeling meaningless

I’ve never had these symptoms prior to the day of quitting. I was healthy and happy.

HOW I HEALED:
Exercising daily
Reading positive things before I get out of bed and getting my mind set right
Staying busy (literally 24/7)
Hanging around positive loving friends and family
Working a lot
Being kind to myself
PATIENCE
Never ever letting my thoughts or feelings dilute the truth or interfere with my life (to the best of my ability)

You need to regain control of your mind in order to fully heal. It’s not easy, I worked hard everyday to keep my mind set right and focused on what is true and did not let any negative thoughts or feelings affect me. The biggest thing is patience and time, it truly is the biggest healer.

I still have a little bit of work left to do on my mind, but all of the worst is over and what is left is a cake walk and is getting better everyday. It’s like I’m back to my old self again, but with more wisdom, insight, empathy, love, and a new perspective on what truly matters in life.

I truly believe I went through this for a reason, and it was to become closer to god. I know not everyone believes in god and neither did I, but something changed and now for me there’s not a doubt in my mind he’s real, I’ve had too many experiences during this to think otherwise.

Going through this was the hardest thing of my life, but I’m glad I went through it. No matter your circumstance, be grateful. Be grateful you’re alive and breathing, that you’re here, that you have purpose and that your presence is required and needed in this world. It’ll be okay and you will get through it. Trust me. The best things in life are placed on the other side of fear. Take care guys.
Robb1e_g

Likes Received: 45

Postby dennisg787 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:54 pm

proud of you buddy,well done.
merry christmas and a happy new year.
im on 6 and a half month sober and its getting easier and better.. :D
dennisg787

Likes Received: 9

Postby thegreatdane » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:50 pm

Proud of you man! Im at 11 months and still not feeling well. I just had this huge wave of paws where i couldnt even leave my house due to hopelessness, depression, and anxiety.
thegreatdane

Likes Received: 40

Postby Cthompson21 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:38 am

Awesome!!! This is so good to read. Thank you for sharing and good luck to you with everything else in your life. I hope to get there one day too and be making a similar post.
Cthompson21

Likes Received: 48

Postby Robb1e_g » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:33 am

Thank you guys for the replies, I’d like for as many people to see this as possible because I was in the same position for a long time I really didn’t think it would get better. Because when you’re in the woods it’s almost impossible to understand how you can get out until you’re out. Thegreatdane that’s completely okay. I had a wave like that at 11 months as well. You’re always gonna have waves, but the overall trend of recovery should be a positive one. When you’re through with that wave work harder on your mindset and keep busy and push through the hard times man. Thanks cthompson I appreciate that a lot. I know you and the others will fully recover. It’s delsusional to think that you’ll be stuck with PAWS forever. But like I said, it’s so important to work at your mindset and thought patterns every single day as much as you can, and always put yourself in a position of being grateful and stay busy. As counterintuitive as it sounds, stay away from this site as much as possible and don’t use it as a crutch unless you’re hitting a hard wave and need reassurance. Go out by yourself and overcome PAWS, it’ll happen. Thanks guys
Robb1e_g

Likes Received: 45

Postby Head in loud » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:42 am

When I first found this forum I was looking for 3 months post and your 3 months update give me so much hope. Wish you all the best. Hope you drop by here once in a while to update us. I’m almost 6 months in and still deep in the wood.
Head in loud

Likes Received: 9