Has anyone actually managed to "FIX" their mental health?

Postby Frosteddonut9 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:04 am

HI new member here,

Just wanted to ask if anyone out there reading this has ever managed to have any form of permanent success, about getting over or living with their mental health problems?

No beating around the bush here, just is it actually possible yes or no, and if so how did you do it?

thanks in advance! - Have a good day, Frosteddonut9
Frosteddonut9

Likes Received: 0

Postby moonlightress » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:05 am

Hey Frosteddonut

Yes.

I have bipolar 2 disorder. Not fixed. Not got over. But definitely living a good life with and despite of it. I won't lie, it has involved work and acceptance of some things.

I'll be happy to expand on this, if you want, after I have an exam and a move out of the way, in the next 2.5 weeks.
moonlightress

Likes Received: 9

Postby cathB » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:27 pm

Hello New Member too.

Just wanted to say. That I too have Bi polar disorder and am managing it well.
The process has mostly been about changing my perception on life and how to deal with people. Acceptance is a major part of it. Along side that I have studied personal development, communicating effectively. With any problem one has to take small steps and allow even uncomfortable emotions to come to the surface and deal with it. "We" in the UK or western society our taught to suppress our emotions. Which only makes things worse in the long term.

By dealing with each issue, accepting you can't change the past and re-framing ones perception... Things can appear to be a lot better.

I'll be happy to give examples if you want me to expand on this.
cathB

Likes Received: 0