80 days clean of weed

Postby AnnaK » Mon May 13, 2019 11:23 am

There is more than withdrawal symptoms when you quit. There’s realizing you hung out with losers that you accepted bs because you were high and didn’t care. That you compromised your health. That you smelled like weed and couldn’t have relationships with people who don’t smoke and have normal lives. That you wasted time being high and made bad choices. You tolerate a lot of crap and put a lot off when you’re stoned. I did work out and do creative projects and get into music and things when I was a stoner but life is more than that. I’m out of the haze and getting my mind back slowly.
AnnaK

Likes Received: 11

Postby SparkleFly12 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:56 am

AnnaK wrote:There is more than withdrawal symptoms when you quit. There’s realizing you hung out with losers that you accepted bs because you were high and didn’t care. That you compromised your health. That you smelled like weed and couldn’t have relationships with people who don’t smoke and have normal lives. That you wasted time being high and made bad choices. You tolerate a lot of crap and put a lot off when you’re stoned. I did work out and do creative projects and get into music and things when I was a stoner but life is more than that. I’m out of the haze and getting my mind back slowly.

hate to contradict, but...

I actually have a very different experience with weed. Was introduced in college (age 18) and smoked occasionally; but after college I started buying on my own and smoked a lot more on my own. Had very few pot smoking friends; and didnt tell anyone how big a pothead I was. So it didnt have anything to do with the people I hung out with - they were more sober than I was.

But I decided to quit when I had finally realized that some health problems I had were 100% caused by pot (it took me a LONG time to accept this...). I dont really have a problem controlling myself in any other aspect of life, and do hope to smoke again someday, but not now. Now that I know just how much PAWS from cannabis use affects my body, I will NOT smoke/vape/edible again until I KNOW that I am clear of everything. Which will be at least a year clean; possibly more (Im going for a month with NO symptoms).
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 23

Postby AnnaK » Tue May 14, 2019 1:04 pm

I didn’t do that ..I was smoking with people I wouldn’t like if it wasn’t for weed. I quit because of the health issues and then realized I was accepting things I shouldn’t have. When I was high I was like okay whatever I’m stoned don’t care. It wasn’t good. I’m having to make new friends. I’m not tempted by weed at all which is a good thing and I actually think it stinks now..lol.
AnnaK

Postby SparkleFly12 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:12 pm

AnnaK wrote:I didn’t do that ..I was smoking with people I wouldn’t like if it wasn’t for weed. I quit because of the health issues and then realized I was accepting things I shouldn’t have. When I was high I was like okay whatever I’m stoned don’t care. It wasn’t good. I’m having to make new friends. I’m not tempted by weed at all which is a good thing and I actually think it stinks now..lol.

Well good that you're not tempted anymore. I did smoke with friends but not all the time, but they were people I did like and we did non-weed activities as well. Itll be good to make new friends and rediscover who you are and things that interest you without weed. Making new friends is tough (well for me, Im not very outgoing) and only made harder by the anxiety of quitting...but if you're at 75+ days already then you're probably through the worst!
SparkleFly12

Postby AnnaK » Tue May 14, 2019 3:18 pm

I’m getting there. I have some anxiety left and some weird breathing issues during sleep that I hope are just paws. I never had sleep apnea before being sleep deprived. My vision issues are going away slowly and the headaches are momentary instead of hours long or all day. I think a lot of ex stoners are not socially outgoing. There is more than weed for entertainment that’s for sure. I’m trying not to replace it with eating when I get bored. I agree with the anxiety thing and friends and social activities. I get very stressed in crowded and noisy places still.
AnnaK

Postby SparkleFly12 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:37 pm

Im on day 90 now, and feeling pretty sh**. Still only getting 6 or so hrs of sleep; but at least no bad dreams and night sweats are minimal.

Wake up with a headache every day; as well as a cloudy brain and thinking takes a lot of effort. It gets worse as the day goes on and by the end of the day I cant wait to get to sleep in hopes that it is better the next day (it never is). Getting to sleep is still hard and takes a good 30 minutes.

Facial pressure is still there, maybe at 4/10 opposed to the 7/10 it was last month. Feels like my lymph nodes are slightly swollen, which makes me feel even more facial pressure and more tired. Muscles are still slightly sore; fingers and legs. Low libido is still a problem. I can feel it increasing slightly overall, but still have ED.

Overall feel pretty shitty, but not nearly as bad as 2 months ago. I still have yet to have a single "good" day, every day is bad with headaches and feeling tired. PAWS is the worst and I cant wait to be over it. Cant wait to just have a taste of a single good day. I hope it comes soon.
SparkleFly12

Postby SparkleFly12 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:48 pm

Also, anxiety comes and goes, and I can feel that the slightest hardships just manifest themselves as disproportionate amounts of stress. Its not even a mental thing - I never used weed to cope with stressful situations in the past (those were the times I would stay sober!). It is a physical subconscious reaction; my body cant handle stress in this PAWS state.
SparkleFly12

Postby AnnaK » Thu May 16, 2019 7:23 pm

Man thanks for this and yes it’s me again. I’ve had a bad day. I’m at 80 days clean now. Anxiety is awful and I’m feeling the same as you it’s a 6-7 instead of a 10. Even the female version of ED. Bad dreams and sleep apnea caused a night time panic attack. Met a new friend my age and she says “try smoking weed for menopause anxiety”... I was just attempting a social life. I was starting to think weed wasn’t the problem. Paws leave us alone! I freaking quit smoking pot already!
AnnaK

Postby SparkleFly12 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:39 pm

Thanks for reading @AnnaK. Hang in there. Hope you werent tempted at all by the offer. I used to recommend people use weed for various issues, but I realized recently it only works for you if you are willing to use it regularly, otherwise it's too intense and mind altering. I'd never ever recommend anyone use it regularly ever again now that I know more about paws), unless it's in replacement of a worse drug or smth.

I've gone through PAWS for the last yr (relapsed 90 days ago) and I can say for sure it is the weed making me feel like this. sounds like you too.
SparkleFly12

Postby AnnaK » Thu May 16, 2019 11:30 pm

Yes, it’s nasty Mary. I just can’t understand how someone can feel this bad and not be dying of a deadly disease. It seems a lot of folks get paranoid about their health during PAWS. I have no desire to smoke cannabis. I’ve not been tempted once and hearing about it and seeing it is a daily thing. Everyone thinks it’s so innocent. I do remember being happy while high at times though. I just want me back without dope. It will take time I’m sure. People keep telling me to smoke even the paramedics and the Uber driver and any other random people.
Everyone says they’re a strong proponent of legalization without knowing sh** about it. I hope we can look back on these posts later and be in a better place. SparkleFly12 you are helping me a lot by reminding me that the reason I feel like this is PAWS from abusing weed. I also have a good life and nothing to be depressed about and want to be present to enjoy it. So far today all I can do is lay in bed miserable. This too shall pass.
AnnaK

Postby SparkleFly12 » Sat May 18, 2019 12:19 am

I too thought it was innocent, actually it is until you use it too much. So now, I think of it like alcohol; fun but you have to be able to control yourself. With alcohol if you drink too much you get a hangover the next day, but the problem with weed is that you dont get a hangover the day after so you think everything is okay, and you use it more and more. At least that was my thinking. Now I know better.

I too feel like Im dying of a deadly desease. Something really feels very wrong; and there is a distinct feeling throughout my body like Im carrying a parasite and my entire body is unhappy about it.

Come to think of it I think I actually still have a stash of weed down in my closet, but I dont even care to check. Im not tempted at all by it because Im scared of extending PAWS. I even had a nightmare a cpl days ago that I smoked, was laughing and enjoying myself, then realized what I had done and freaked out about PAWS getting worse. Woke up scared, then realized it was all a dream. Phew. I know I wont touch weed for many more months/years.

At least today I am doing a bit better. Yesterday was awful; it was like the first month all over again. Still have the headache and cloudy brain, but much less than yesterday. Days like today give me hope that it will go away eventually.
SparkleFly12

Postby AnnaK » Sat May 18, 2019 12:40 am

I’m glad you’re okay today. I’ve been better too... time is all we need but this is a prison sentence.
AnnaK

Postby SparkleFly12 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:41 am

Things have been a bit better the past two days! Still not good, but so much more bearable than anytime in the last 3 months.

A week ago it was headaches and brain fatigue, today and yesterday it has just been a light headache and mild brain tiredness. Sleep is better, at ~7hrs but can't manage to get that last hour and I don't feel properly rested. Libido is starting to feel up a bit again, its so strange after that being off for so many months to finally feel it on again...but not complaining!

Im exactly tied for the longest Ive been weed free in the past 7 years; 95 days. Last time I was at this point was in December, then I smoked again thinking I was healed. Not this time.
SparkleFly12

Postby weedbaddrug » Thu May 23, 2019 10:29 pm

leavepawsbehind wrote:Yeah I agree. Marijuana used to boost my libido and make those experiences more enjoyable. Over time, it started having a dampening effect, and my libido slowly diminished over time while smoking. I thought it was a minor issue that would resolve after quitting marijuana. What's funny is that it did, but with so much more baggage attached.

Hi leavepawsbehind,

Just a question. I am currently ending my 8th month and have had tinnitus for past 2 months I believe. I still have some anxiety.

You mention a lot about your tinnitus going away very slow however did you also notice anxiety decreasing along with tinnitus, or anxiety was long finished for you and tinnitus was your last symptom?

I am just asking as I kinda feel normal however still have anxiety and tinnitus and I am hoping that it's not too late for anxiety to subside. I hope both will decrease together hence I asked you as you are far ahead.

Thanks
weedbaddrug

Likes Received: 3

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:36 pm

Weedbaddrug, others have had anxiety and tinnitus as their last symptoms to go away. If you didn't have it before you were smoking up then you won't have it after PAWS go away provided you live a wholesome life.
ashthewarrior7

Likes Received: 78

PreviousNext

Return to Addictions