Trying to Quit Cannabis, Need Help or Advice

Postby BAnana0201 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:25 pm

Hi all, I love the way this forum help others by supporting them. Now I need your help and support. I have been using cannabis for the last 3 years. 3 months ago I decided to stop. It didn't work. I am feeling lost and I disappoint myself. I want to be more productive and live a healthy life. And I knew that I need to stop consuming weed. I need your help. I want to start all over again and I will be happy if you share with me the tips that help you to move forward. My question is: How can I live a healthy, productive life full of energy without being prisoned by cannabis abuse? What do I need to know before starting all over again and this time for good? I don't have a lot of energy and I'm getting tired of it. Please help me.
BAnana0201

Likes Received: 0

Postby tokeless » Mon May 27, 2019 4:06 pm

Firstly, there is no magic bullet or one way. You can analyse yourself to death looking for things that tell you you are in hell. You can also make a decision to stop, accept you will not feel as you have and it may take time to adjust. Accept you won't die if you don't smoke weed, the world won't end and you won't go crazy unless you already were and the weed masked it. You have only smoked for 3 years so you've had way more life without it than with it.... You chose to start, so choose to stop and plan for it. Keep busy, avoid trigger places, people and situations that remind you of smoking. You can stop or not, it's a choice that only you can make... But well done for making it.
tokeless

Likes Received: 240

Postby BAnana0201 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:09 am

tokeless wrote:Firstly, there is no magic bullet or one way. You can analyse yourself to death looking for things that tell you you are in hell. You can also make a decision to stop, accept you will not feel as you have and it may take time to adjust. Accept you won't die if you don't smoke weed, the world won't end and you won't go crazy unless you already were and the weed masked it. You have only smoked for 3 years so you've had way more life without it than with it.... You chose to start, so choose to stop and plan for it. Keep busy, avoid trigger places, people and situations that remind you of smoking. You can stop or not, it's a choice that only you can make... But well done for making it.

Thanks, man, I really appreciate it. I find it so hard sometimes, but I won't give up,
BAnana0201

Likes Received: 0

Postby tokeless » Tue May 28, 2019 11:48 am

It can be hard for some and not so for others. I think you need to be clear as to your reasons to stop, so can't afford it isn't one because you will find the money and if you had enough you'd carry on. Being pressured by others won't work either as you'll become a secret smoker. Only if you've truly had enough is the best reason as it's easier to reinforce the belief rather than, "I should, I need to, I want to". Bottom line is you can... It's the choices you make that make or break.
Best wishes
tokeless

Likes Received: 240