Niacinamide led to almost instant cure from PAWS

Postby JimBob8873 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:35 pm

Of course, I just HAD to say I am feeling better, couldnt fall asleep till 2AM last night.... Besides random Insomnia spells I seem to be feeling better overall.
JimBob8873

Likes Received: 7

Postby SparkleFly12 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:01 pm

Tried nyacinamide yesterday. I ended up sleeping terribly; and have a really bad headache today. And my muscles ache way more than normal...Its like it felt in month 2 of PAWS!

I guess it isnt working for me, or I am not willing to take it long enough for it to work. I have a lot of physical symptoms, so maybe its just not good on those...
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 21

Postby JimBob8873 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:28 pm

Slowly build up to 500mg a day, it takes your body a while to get used to a high amount like that. I would sudgest a b complex vitamin that contains Niacinamide over just supplementing with Niacinamide.
JimBob8873

Postby SparkleFly12 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:49 pm

Maybe Ill give that a try in a weeks time...I took a large dose yesterday (500mg twice) and this is like a terrible alcohol hangover... head is just pounding.
SparkleFly12

Postby JimBob8873 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:51 pm

Have you gone to the doctor regarding your headaches? PAWS usually doesnt have persistent pain symptoms but I do have to say I have sinus pressure daily but its nowhere near as bad as you describe.
JimBob8873

Postby SparkleFly12 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:26 pm

I havent gone to the doctor. The headaches have been easing up over time, pretty much in line with my PAWS symptoms so Im pretty sure its related. Ive always been prone to headaches all my life so Im not too surprised.
SparkleFly12

Postby JimBob8873 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:29 pm

I totally understand, I used to get headaches constantly when I was younger. Do you drink a lot of water? I noticed now that if I dont drink at least 1.5 liters a day I wont feel that great.
JimBob8873

Postby Head in loud » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:21 pm

In few days it will be a year and I been getting headaches every other day if not everyday. Don’t listen to people that say PAW doesn’t have persistent pain... the problem is everyone is speaking from their own experience. I usually get this bad sinus pressure and headaches every other day. Everyone’s PAW is different, try to drink lots of water and try meditation.
Head in loud

Likes Received: 9

Postby SparkleFly12 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:08 am

Yeah Im 100% sure the headache is recovery from weed. It was really bad as soon as I stopped; and has been getting better with time.

My symptoms are very different than most, actually I had lots of the same symptoms while I was smoking every day; they started when I started smoking a lot (headache, muscle aches, insomnia, depression, stress). When I stopped smoking, the symptoms got a LOT worse, and have been getting better slowly, at 4+ months I feel slightly better than I did back when I was smoking every day. Hopefully in the next couple months ill feel mostly better...

@JimBob, no I do not drink enough water and I know that I need to drink more. I know that is one thing that makes me get less headaches. Thanks for sharing.
SparkleFly12

Postby HopefulMe » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:18 am

Headaches and migraines are normal symptoms of PAWS.
HopefulMe

Likes Received: 4

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:09 am

Angrydwarf and dirty Sanchez, how's the paws with niacinamide now? Like you guys said this seems to be the only supplement that works and I'm curious to know if it works long term or just fades off like other supplements. Would really appreciate your replies.
ashthewarrior7

Likes Received: 78

Postby BullFrog » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:00 pm

I second Ash. Would be GREAT to hear about an update about whether the Niacin is still providing the "cure" for you guys or if it was only temporary.
BullFrog

Likes Received: 71

Postby dirtySanchez » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:06 pm

I have been doing great ever since I started with niacinamide.

The biggest change I see in my mental performance. I can be focused at work for 8+ hours while doing creative and stressful work. I mean there are days when I don't feel awesome but this is part of life.

The second biggest change is in my view of the world. Everything is so clear - like there is no more DR (disturbed reality). This is really hard to describe but there is no more "visual noise" in my view. I actually can see the world in full colours - especially nature and trees.

There are also times when I can feel hard waves of PAWS hit.. but now they are somehow "underneath".. again it is hard to describe this, like before they used to take over every part of my body and mind.. now I can feel them but they don't hit me directly. .. they are also acquiring not so frequent.

I need to take between 2000 to 3000mg of niacinamide daily. I have 500mg tablets with slow-release. There was a day or two then I didn't take it and all the bad symptoms returned. My plan is to take niacinamide for a few months and then see what happens if I don't take it.

I must say that I had a feeling for the last of half-year (1 year and 7 months weed-free) that something is missing in my body... why niacinamide/b3 vitamin?

My theory this is helping me because my mother was smoking cigarettes during her pregnancy and nicotine is chemically similar to nicotine. . From my 15 years old to 25 I was also smoking a lot of cigarettes and as I remember this is was the only thing that was causing happiness in me... also with weed.. I was more enjoying smoking big joints than being high.. Don't know if this theory is right or not... but anyway. I am so happy that I started taking this supplement because it saved my life - I don't care if there are any negative consequences of taking it daily - I am willing to die 15 years early in exchange of life long supply of niacinamide! :)

AngryDwarf thank you for creating this topic. Love you man!
dirtySanchez

Likes Received: 26

Postby ashthewarrior7 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:38 pm

Thank you for the informative post DirtySanchez, vitamin B3 also cannot be synthesized or stored by the body, so a deficiency can be a huge cause of it, maybe it boosts performance altogether, maybe it helps regulate the parts of the brain that PAWS hinders. Whatever it is, I'm glad its working for you and I hope if not stopping abruptly, maybe tapering it off in a few months keeps you going good and well.

One quick question, what happens when you take a lower dose? Like just 1000 mg instead of 2000 to 3000?

Again, very happy for you!
ashthewarrior7

Likes Received: 78

Postby BullFrog » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:39 pm

Amazing, Sanchez. Truly!

I am very happy for you!

I have a recommendation though. Niacinamide is not safe at high dosages for an extended period of time. Don't take my word for it. Google it. It's hard on the liver. However, there has been no permanent damage associated with high dosages of pure niacin (even when taken for years on end). Perhaps consider this as a possibility if you see yourself taking 2-3 grams for 6 months.

But now that I have heard about your success...I think I might try it now. If it can help with my mental clarity then I am all game!

And sorry for always piggy backing off Ash's questions and input (lol), but I also would be interested in you cataloging exactly how you feel and for how long based on the dosage you take. Perhaps you can mention what it was like on 500mg, then 1000mg, and what difference you have when on 2-3grams. Since dealing with PAWS is like the wild west, best to catalog and share your findings so we can all learn from one another.
BullFrog

Likes Received: 71

PreviousNext