Is this PAWS?

Postby Rainbow12 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:48 pm

Hi all,
I am 5.5 months clean.. the first couple of months were as expected had the majority of the physical withdrawals and lingering insomnia. I began sleeping again with no issues around the 6 weeks mark. Over the last 5 months I have experienced these flare ups of anxiety which are so intense. Physically they felt like I had a constant supply of adrenaline pumping through my body for days at a time then eventually the anxiety would dissipate and I’d feel normal again. I have had a flare up recently at the beginning of this month and things haven’t quite gone back to normal. My sleeping has gone way off and I am now struggling to fall and stay asleep. Although sleep has been an issue for me during withdrawal it generally has always settled back down and I’d sleep a good 6-8 hours a night. Since my repeat episode I haven’t been able to get past 5 a night quite. Falling asleep is becoming impossible for me. Is this paws? I wasn’t expecting at nearly 6 months the symptoms to be getting worse? As a side note I don’t take any medication or touch any cbd/alcohol etc. Does this sound normal? My DOC was opiates for roughly 1 year.
Rainbow12

Likes Received: 0

Postby Cthompson21 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:48 pm

Sounds like PAWS to me. Do you use caffeine or consume a lot of sugar? Sometimes those make the symptoms worse. I dont know much about opioid PAWS but they can be intense from what I've heard. I have PAWS from a drug called Strattera in 2016 and weed last year and things flare up and dissipate, randomly it seems. Sometimes it gets worse and then sometimes you feel better just to feel worse again later.

This website and another called sober recovery can offer lots of support, I've found, so hoping you get some relief soon! And of course time and patience are the greatest allies in fighting PAWS. Keep updating.
Cthompson21

Likes Received: 48

Postby biohack9 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:59 pm

Sounds like textbook PAWS to me! 3,6,9 months are pretty typical... with reducing severity.
biohack9

Likes Received: 4

Postby Rainbow12 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:43 am

biohack9 wrote:Sounds like textbook PAWS to me! 3,6,9 months are pretty typical... with reducing severity.

Do you mean the symptoms get worse around this time? My insomnia has started back up and it’s awful. Hasn’t been quite this bad since the initial withdrawal... I can’t work out why suddenly after sleeping relatively well for months (with the occasional blip) it’s started again.
Rainbow12

Postby biohack9 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:06 pm

Rainbow12 wrote:
biohack9 wrote:Sounds like textbook PAWS to me! 3,6,9 months are pretty typical... with reducing severity.

Do you mean the symptoms get worse around this time? My insomnia has started back up and it’s awful. Hasn’t been quite this bad since the initial withdrawal... I can’t work out why suddenly after sleeping relatively well for months (with the occasional blip) it’s started again.

Yes, you need to do some research on PAWS.
biohack9

Postby Rainbow12 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:54 pm

Ive tried doing some but I couldn’t find anything that suggests it gets as bad as it has done just that like you said it reduces in severity. Usually I’d have a flare up of anxiety which lasts a week and my sleep is affected but then it settles and I go back to sleeping as normal but the anxiety’s settled however the insomnia seems to be getting worse so that’s why I’m wondering is it paws or something else...
Rainbow12

Postby biohack9 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:54 pm

Insomnia is insomnia, and very common symptom of PAWS. Symptoms will return, however I could be wrong and so I guess it could be completely unrelated too. I wish you the best, as I know too well what it's like because i'm going through it as I write this as i've been up since 3am and have a splitting headache that not even tylenol can cut through. I'm in my third week, and pray I get a couple of months resolve before it returns in month 3 lol IF it does... not everyone experiences PAWS.
biohack9

Postby Rainbow12 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:11 pm

It’s just the worst isn’t it. Yeah I had an awful headache last night too! I’m getting 5 broken hours which I guess is better then nothing but my god am I struggling now with functioning the next day. I hope this passes quick! Wish you all the best too! I am typically having an attack of anxiety every 6/8 weeks atm I’m hoping I get a few weeks rest from that too! Better keep fighting on...
Rainbow12

Postby biohack9 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:02 pm

So weird how we're experiencing the exact same things right now! I feel like complete hell, and seeing my dr in 2 hours. Not sleeping properly is the worse torture on earth, and yeah even 5 broken hours is awful. Are you dreaming? That's one thing that i've been experiencing every morning recently, so I think it's just the brain continuing to rewire. I can almost tolerate the insomnia, but not the piercing all over my head pain. I'm also finding i'm freezing, or at least frozen hands.
biohack9

Postby Rainbow12 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:15 pm

Yeah I do dream a lot. Most nights.. I also track my sleep using a Fitbit and I do have decent periods of deep sleep. Usually 40 mins to an hour so I think that’s what’s carrying me forward and allowing me to function the next day. My issue is initially falling asleep... the last three nights I’ve fallen asleep on the sofa! What have you come off if you don’t mind me asking? I wasn’t sure if this was a general addiction site or just for weed..
Rainbow12

Postby biohack9 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:46 pm

I usually can fall asleep no problem, then sleep for about 4 hours and then wake up and can't sleep no matter what. Coming off of weed, vaporizing it for over 12 years, with the last year and a half micro dabbing extracts low temp. I've been here before 2 years ago, and lasted 3 months, this time i'm going the distance. I realize it would be much harder with other substances, but it's still hell on earth. So I think our issues may be similar, but different if that makes sense? On my way to the dr. now.
biohack9

Postby Rainbow12 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:57 pm

Yeah a drugs a drug and whatever that drug is it still changes the brains chemistry so I’m guessing we are suffering similar things perhaps not in the first instance but definitely the long term side effects.
3 months is amazing especially as you have had that habit for 12 years... I can 110% understand why people relapse. You get through the awful physical stages of withdrawal and then you have to put up with this sh** for months on end. You’ve got it this time tho!!
I hope the dr can help/give you some answers. Please let me know what they say?
Rainbow12

Postby biohack9 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:25 pm

Thanks! My dr was kind of clueless and thought it was the weather! lol I recently moved to the wet coast of Canada and the weather has been a week of rain and the sunshine, but it's not that. I still think it's the withdrawal, and that caused a headache and then turned into a migraine because of a steroid nasal spray I use so I can breathe at night when I sleep. He prescribed me a different spray and told me to take advil The Advil worked and lasted all night and I finally slept about 6+ hours, although the headache has returned this morning. Going for a full blood work and see what's up. Feels So good to finally get some sleep!
biohack9

Postby biohack9 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:20 pm

Blood work results were fine, headache is gone. I think it was either from the steroid nasal spray I was inhaling "deeply" instead of just normally, OR potentially some chinese herbs that I was sold from my acupuncturist (which I have also since stopped).

However, my sleep is atrocious now! I can only sleep for 3 hours and then I wake up and can't sleep whatsoever. I feel like a trainwreck, and this has been ongoing for a week now, and this is week 5. FML! lol
biohack9