9 and a Half Months

Postby JimBob8873 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:06 pm

Hey guys its been a little while, I am doing okay and my symptoms seem to be getting better. I am not depressed or anxious anymore. The one thing I am still struggling with is sleep, I CANNOT get a decent nights sleeps more than once or twice a week. Even when I do its for a maximum of 6-7 hours. It seems to follow a pattern revolving around work. I can sleep pretty well on weekends (Friday and Saturday only, Sundays I sleep the worst) the rest of the week I just wake up at 230 to 3 AM after having super vivid dreams and am unable to fall back asleep until its time for me to get up for work. Is anyone else experiencing sleep issues that have lasted this long? Its kind of driving me insane. I almost want to just go on disability until I can actually sleep well. I am super irritable with my coworkers and its making my life so much harder than it really is.
JimBob8873

Likes Received: 9

Postby tokeless » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:44 pm

Hi,
"It seems to follow a pattern revolving around work. I can sleep pretty well on weekends (Friday and Saturday only, Sundays I sleep the worst) the rest of the week I just wake up at 230 to 3 AM after having super vivid dreams and am unable to fall back asleep until its time for me to get up for work"

How is work, are you happy there or is it stressful for you? All I can think is that the end of the week you sleep better (less stressed) but come Sunday you may be triggering because of work the next day? I would think about how work impacts on you psychologically.
Best wishes
tokeless

Likes Received: 294

Postby JimBob8873 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:51 pm

Work is stressful, I am the production manager of a small family company, we build commercial/industrial light fixtures. I wear a lot of hats around here and I have to deal with a lot of BS.

I am also in charge of starting our new horticulture division, we are offering commercial grade LED grow lights. I have to see a lot of weed related stuff on a daily basis because thats our target market.

I love my job and the people I work with but yeah its stressful and I dont think the owners truly understand the pressure I am under taking on this amount of work.
JimBob8873

Postby tokeless » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:06 pm

Hi again,
I'd suggest that's where the issue is. Having that many roles and responsibilities must impact somewhere and the pattern you describe indicates that. Perhaps delegating things to others may help as a starting point?
tokeless

Postby JimBob8873 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:10 pm

Honestly I wish I could my friend. Its not that simple. I really am the only one that knows all the products, how they are assembled, the parts needed for each order, etc. Even then I dont have anyone i can delegate to. Small business life in America is difficult to say the least.

Most of the stress really is coming from having two entire workloads. If it was one or the other it would be fine. I wish I could offload the work load but like I said, small business life. I wont give up and will persevere through it all but I wish I could just sleep well. Thats all I ask! Hahahah

Hope you are doing well today.
JimBob8873

Postby tokeless » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:24 pm

Hi, I see. I guess you've just got to reap whilst the sun shines as they say. Also, maybe turn Sunday in to pleasure day (if not already) so you associate it with positive things to end the weekend... Good luck either way and you can always pop back in if needed.
tokeless

Postby Cthompson21 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:14 pm

Similar problems! I dont sleep well before a work night. Vivid dreams are always there too, sometimes they're really dramatic and nightmarish, in the beginning they always were. I'm at 17 mo. I hope by the two year mark my brain will have healed more. I do notice that weight lifting exercise in the evening three or so hours before bed tires me out, and I sleep better. Other than that it comes and goes.
Cthompson21

Likes Received: 59

Postby JimBob8873 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:36 pm

God I hope this doesnt last that long its so annoying! Congrats on 17 months though thats a long time!

I have noticed that heavy weight lifting makes me sleep better but if I do any cardio I am wired all night long. Super weird that a lot of sites say that cardio is best for this situation... Obviously its not.

I havent had any nightmares for a while, usually they are actually pretty cool dreams like I am in a video game or something. I dont wake up in the middle of the night were my heart is racing like it use to, just kind of fall out of sleep and my mind feels like its still trying to dream. Completely unable to go back to sleep as well. I refuse to take anything thats a sleep aid since my body is so sensitive and I dont want to rely upon something like that. My diet is good, I work out a few times a week trying not to overdo it.
JimBob8873

Postby SparkleFly12 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:53 am

I have similar sleep problems @JimBob. 11 months for me, and still rarely get 7+ hrs of sleep. Most of the time its 5-6 hours of bad sleep; wake up feeling tired and achy. My work is similar; lots of responsibilities that I have to fulfill and have accumulated 2 fulltime jobs ("congrats, you earned a promotion! no increase in pay AND you get to keep all your old responsibilities too!) but honestly I dont feel TOO stressed from my work outside of the job. It does stress me out, but I dont think its to the point of losing sleep over.

Im just waiting to see if it gets any better; waiting gfor the 12-15 month mark before re-evaluating.
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 35