Day 4: No Weed, More Cigarettes

Postby JustChillin' » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:49 pm

Hi Guys,

I have just today come across this forum and to be honest I'm disappointed I did not come across it sooner.

I'm 25 and I've been a heavy marijuana smoker, nay, an abuser, for the last 8 years. I was consuming on average 2.5g a day before deciding to quit. I've also been smoking cigarettes pretty much non-stop since I was 16.
I think it's important to note that drug addiction isn't heavily embedded in my family like many others, although my father is an unsupportive alcoholic and both my parents have been cigarette smokers since the day I was born.
The smoke and smell of cigarettes has been around me since i can remember. In the car, in the living room, my parents bedroom. IT WAS EVERYWHERE. Surely it would be inevitable that either myself or my sibling would pick up this horrible habit. Surely enough, we both did. My sister started around the age of 12 while i started a little later.

To be honest, I carry around a grudge. I love my mother and have nothing but respect for her. I do, however, feel that this terrible addiction was forced upon me.

Yes, I chose to light that first cigarette and yes, i chose to continue with it, but I was just a small child. What did I know?
To me, seeing my entire direct family smoking with impunity gave me this sense that it was okay to smoke, that nothing was wrong with it.
It is wrong. Parents, I beg you, if not for your sake but for your children's, keep it away from them no matter what.

I just recently decided to give up smoking marijuana. Currently, It's day 4 and I'm feeling great.
The only noticeable challenge is that it has been difficult to fall asleep.
There is a big problem though: I'm smoking more cigarettes. I went from smoking about 10 a day, to a full pack each day for the past 4 days.
My hands constantly stink like smoke, my clothes too. I've had enough. The smell has become so nauseating to me but I simply continue to smoke. It's an endless cycle.

The cravings are too strong and after about an hour of not smoking a cigarette, I need another.

Guys, If anyone has any advice about giving up smoking cigarettes, I'd be forever grateful.

Take care and keep healthy.
JustChillin'

Likes Received: 0

Postby Candid » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:20 am

Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 386

Postby tokeless » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:41 pm

I guess the circumstances that led to you smoking, whilst real are pretty irrelevant in the now. The reason I say this is so you don't make them too imposing in your attempts to stop. The choices you make now are key to your success. Ask yourself why you can't stop smoking. You can, it may be difficult but it is possible. You will have triggers, doubts and bargaining in your head ie do it tomorrow, just one won't hurt etc... until you make a choice or decision to stop you'll never know how you'll feel. Also, the road to success is paved with failure so keep trying but don't keep making the same mistakes thinking the outcome will be different.. it won't. The battles are in the mind. Choose to not smoke, be empowered by your ability to choose.
Best wishes
tokeless

Likes Received: 261