Questioning tracking post quitting

Postby underdog_ » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:02 pm

I have been clean for 32 days. I was addicted for 15 yrs, super heavy in last 3. Had few months clean attempts few times in the past.

My craving has subsided but some withdrawal is ongoing. I feel thinking too much abt withdrawals, tracking it and relating it too much with the daily life could be counter productive. Moving on with life and sort of forgetting it and letting withdrawal happen may be another option.

It could be personal preference and situational demand. But i like to know other's thought. how it helps and otherwise?
underdog_
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:10 pm
Likes Received: 2


#1

Postby biohack9 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:18 pm

Couldn't agree with you more! I think it's okay for support during the first bit, but I see a LOT of serious OCD and Hypochondria on this forum thinking that every little things is PAWS. We're all different, but if you seriously plan to never ever again touch cannabis, then IMO it's best to just forget about it all and just live your life. You'll feel better and better even if it's 2 steps forward 1 step back from time to time.

Congrats on 32 days.... the worst physical withdrawals are over with at least, next comes a massive mental battle IME.

Presently Day 4 myself, after a 3 month binge that started after a 3 month break. At the 3 month mark, my intrusive thoughts, anxiety, and depression got pretty bad. Shame I didn't push it to that 6-9 month window when things seem to turn around significantly for the majority of people.
biohack9
Full Member
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:30 pm
Likes Received: 10

#2

Postby wakinglife » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:22 pm

You raise a good question, Underdog.

I continue to keep track (checking a website that allows me to see how many days it's been, whenever the mood strikes me). If I stopped doing this would I go back to smoking cannabis? Not sure.

When I tried to quit in the past, I kept falling back into daily use after telling myself to use only on special occasions. The day count thing (or week, month, year count, if you prefer) reminds me of just how far I have come. It feels like a heavy weight (in a positive way) of good choices that have accumulated over time. It might be something like celebrating an anniversary to a significant other. If you fall on hard times, you might think twice about throwing away a 15 or 20 year marriage (compared to a 3-6 month marriage).

Agreed, anything taken to excess can be problematic. I can recall back when I first quit feeling particularly attached to my "day count". It was helpful to be able to compare notes with other quitters -- although we're all different -- about what I was experiencing at each stage of "recovery".

Unsolicited information here: some timelines that I experienced -- 30 days, feeling better; 6 weeks, quite an improvement; 6 months, even better; ONE YEAR - felt like I was totally "back to normal". Everything beyond about one year off cannabis has been subtle improvements, most likely driven more by lifestyle changes (and mental/emotional changes facilitated by being free from addictive habits) than by anything directly related to cannabis use.

Personally, I keep counting milestones because it feels like an achievement. Do whatever works best for you! :)

WL
User avatar
wakinglife
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:07 pm
Location: Victoria, BC
Likes Received: 292

#3

Postby tokeless » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:59 pm

I've advocated just moving on and not feeding the obsession with counting etc and recieved a fair bit of abuse on here.. however, it's a choice people can make but they have to accept they are creating the anxiety. If you left prison would you count the days as a way of not offending again or do you just choose to not commit crime. Good luck to everyone but it's your choice.
tokeless
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 5:17 pm
Likes Received: 283

#4

Postby biohack9 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:41 pm

tokeless wrote:I've advocated just moving on and not feeding the obsession with counting etc and recieved a fair bit of abuse on here.. however, it's a choice people can make but they have to accept they are creating the anxiety. If you left prison would you count the days as a way of not offending again or do you just choose to not commit crime. Good luck to everyone but it's your choice.


No you received abuse for the way you were trolling lol
biohack9
Full Member
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:30 pm
Likes Received: 10

#5

Postby underdog_ » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:41 pm

Things work differently for different people and each have their preferences. Let's respect everone's opinion.
End of the day whatever helps to recover from the addition. Personally my memories of the life during addiction is not good so like to forget that. btw, its not a topic for debate but a friendly discussion.
underdog_
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:10 pm
Likes Received: 2

#6

Postby tokeless » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:55 am

biohack9 wrote:
tokeless wrote:I've advocated just moving on and not feeding the obsession with counting etc and recieved a fair bit of abuse on here.. however, it's a choice people can make but they have to accept they are creating the anxiety. If you left prison would you count the days as a way of not offending again or do you just choose to not commit crime. Good luck to everyone but it's your choice.


No you received abuse for the way you were trolling lol


Ok show me where. Come on back it up
tokeless
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 5:17 pm
Likes Received: 283

#7

Postby biohack9 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:25 pm

Didn't the mods already tell you?! lol Is your memory still THAT bad??

Oh, and "but they have to accept that they are creating the anxiety"!? GTFOOH!!!
biohack9
Full Member
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:30 pm
Likes Received: 10

#8

Postby tokeless » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:32 pm

biohack9 wrote:Didn't the mods already tell you?! lol Is your memory still THAT bad??

Oh, and "but they have to accept that they are creating the anxiety"!? GTFOOH!!!


So, that's trolling? Having insight into your actions is part of getting better. Fixating doesn't help, it delays your recovery. Of course people can have anxiety not created by them, but to focus on it instead of focusing on the positive decisions you have made keeps you stuck. If that's the best you can offer then hey, crack on.
tokeless
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 5:17 pm
Likes Received: 283

#9

Postby biohack9 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:48 pm

tokeless wrote:
biohack9 wrote:Didn't the mods already tell you?! lol Is your memory still THAT bad??

Oh, and "but they have to accept that they are creating the anxiety"!? GTFOOH!!!


So, that's trolling? Having insight into your actions is part of getting better. Fixating doesn't help, it delays your recovery. Of course people can have anxiety not created by them, but to focus on it instead of focusing on the positive decisions you have made keeps you stuck. If that's the best you can offer then hey, crack on.


WTF are you even here?!
biohack9
Full Member
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:30 pm
Likes Received: 10

#10

Postby tokeless » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:43 pm

It's an open forum. You have a problem with that, it's yours not mine.
tokeless
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 5:17 pm
Likes Received: 283

#11

Postby biohack9 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:08 pm

tokeless wrote:It's an open forum. You have a problem with that, it's yours not mine.


You didn't answer the question. Other than trolling, WTF are you even here??

Your "abuse" is all self inflicted. Why do you come here?
biohack9
Full Member
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:30 pm
Likes Received: 10

#12

Postby tokeless » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:12 pm

You think I'm trolling. I feel I'm offering another perspective of how to overcome weed use. Now, why don't you just choose to ignore me and let's crack on eh?
tokeless
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 5:17 pm
Likes Received: 283

#13

Postby biohack9 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:16 pm

tokeless wrote:You think I'm trolling. I feel I'm offering another perspective of how to overcome weed use. Now, why don't you just choose to ignore me and let's crack on eh?


Another perspective but poking fun of others and then get "abused" and warned by the mods LOL.

Holy sh** yes please, i'll just report your bs trolling comments that offer zero support.

PAWS! It's ALL in our heads folks!!! Don't post on this forum it makes it worse! LOL!!

You should start going to AA and NA/MA meetings and preach!!!
biohack9
Full Member
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:30 pm
Likes Received: 10

#14

Postby tokeless » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:58 pm

I've never been contacted by mods so this is your fabrication and I'm a troll? I've engaged in debate with those who wish to attack my views. I offer opinions not facts based on my experience, not some almost cultish beliefs about PAWS being the cause of everything. I've never poked fun at anyone who didn't attack me for my views. Now, as I suggested, just ignore me and let others have a say. It's really not about you or me. I'm clear on that. I've not used for years, moved on and I don't need to feel better by being here.
tokeless
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 5:17 pm
Likes Received: 283


Next

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to Addictions

cron