When I get high I start to worry

Postby LonelySmoker » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:07 pm

Every day I before getting high my mind knows that I shouldn't. I know that it will put me down and procrastinate on my work. I know that I will start to worry and feel down throughout the day. But then it's like in ONE MOMENT of weakness I forget all that and get high.

Right now I am high as I write this. I am so sick to my stomach of what this weed has done to me. I am starting to think that maybe I am addicted to worrying. I am addicted to getting lost in my own mind and wandering off and worrying about something that will never happen.

I am lost....
LonelySmoker

Likes Received: 28

Postby tokeless » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:07 pm

You're listening to your primal brain, the part that links to survival and the belief you need to use weed. You have convinced yourself that you can't stop and therefore lack belief that you can. The rational brain is the bit that makes decisions and actions. You need to listen and focus on that part.
Scenario:
Primal says smoke weed. It'll be ok, it's just weed and you've been stressed/down/bored etc etc... you deserve it. Primal brain makes you crave or think you have to smoke weed.
It can't make you roll a joint or score or any other action.
Rational brain gets the message and decides to action it... this is where you can choose to listen to primal and do it, or you can decide to ignore it, distract yourself, hook up with non smoking support, go somewhere you can't smoke and feel empowered by your decision. The primal will try to convince you many times but the more you ignore, the more in control you become.
Stop listening to your anxieties because you said yourself, weed just makes it worse and reinforces your belief you have no control. You won't die if you choose not to smoke and your anxiety is a symptom of your lack of self belief.
tokeless

Likes Received: 300

Postby BCBUDFREE » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:07 am

Man this is good advise tokless. I have read-this before but reading again helps.

Hey LS stay strong and just stop smoking for a day then two. I have felt what you describe and am struggling with quitting myself. I quit for three years and started again. Really not cool. All that work and things were way better
One hit off a joint at friends brought me right back to the sh..!
It is so easy to a f*** it and smoke but you know how that goes.

Try stopping for a day. Then two i use an app called habit bull which helps me track my clean days and i can then look back and see when i fell off the wagon and figure out how to not do it again.

I have only been off weed for a week but am feeling better and dealing with the cold sweats and feeling shitty.

On thing i noticed was how much anxiety i was experiencing as a result of smoking. Scoring , hiding, avoiding, stressing , guilt , paranoia.

Anyway good luck! You can do it man. Don't listen to that f .... in monkey brain!
BCBUDFREE

Likes Received: 27