Calamus root extract for healing damage done by THC?

Postby Calamusconcerns » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:37 am

Hi all, I am new-ish here, but I’ve been lurking for a while reading other’s experiences on recovering from abusing marijuana.
I quit marijuana finally after about a year of heavy abuse, but not before it had taken quite a toll on my health. I began vaping very high potency wax cartridges which I believe led to a drug-induced psychotic break. The whole ordeal lasted a week after I took that final hit, and it’s been about a month and a half since. I’ve been recovering Ok, the first month was horrible but slowly I feel more and more like myself. I have good days and bad days, lately more good than bad. I had no problem quitting after that, and no desire to smoke or consume any weed at all if it’s gonna cost me my sanity.
My lingering problem is stress tends to trigger my mind to go into a slightly psychotic state, while not ever as severe as the first time, I wouldn’t doubt I have some ptsd from it. I had some pretty f***ed up delusions about myself and my life that are reminiscent of a bad psychedelic trip.
I have an unopened tincture of calamus root extract I ordered several months ago, since I heard anecdotally that it can help detox the brain and liver from thc. Since doing further research, it seems calamus root has mild psychoactive ingredients, which worries me.
Should I ever take this stuff, in a better setting to “undo” the ptsd from the horrible psychotic experience? Does anyone have experience or knowledge that it is a credible way to heal alterations to the mind done by thc, similar to how cbd potentially can?
As of right now, I’m on the fence between returning it or saving it for several months in the future to use as a mild positive experience
Calamusconcerns

Likes Received: 1

Postby HDog455 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:17 am

Calamusconcerns wrote:Hi all, I am new-ish here, but I’ve been lurking for a while reading other’s experiences on recovering from abusing marijuana.
I quit marijuana finally after about a year of heavy abuse, but not before it had taken quite a toll on my health. I began vaping very high potency wax cartridges which I believe led to a drug-induced psychotic break. The whole ordeal lasted a week after I took that final hit, and it’s been about a month and a half since. I’ve been recovering Ok, the first month was horrible but slowly I feel more and more like myself. I have good days and bad days, lately more good than bad. I had no problem quitting after that, and no desire to smoke or consume any weed at all if it’s gonna cost me my sanity.
My lingering problem is stress tends to trigger my mind to go into a slightly psychotic state, while not ever as severe as the first time, I wouldn’t doubt I have some ptsd from it. I had some pretty f***ed up delusions about myself and my life that are reminiscent of a bad psychedelic trip.
I have an unopened tincture of calamus root extract I ordered several months ago, since I heard anecdotally that it can help detox the brain and liver from thc. Since doing further research, it seems calamus root has mild psychoactive ingredients, which worries me.
Should I ever take this stuff, in a better setting to “undo” the ptsd from the horrible psychotic experience? Does anyone have experience or knowledge that it is a credible way to heal alterations to the mind done by thc, similar to how cbd potentially can?
As of right now, I’m on the fence between returning it or saving it for several months in the future to use as a mild positive experience

I suggest that you don't consider taking dubious substances in order to help you stay off weed or deal with stress. The best way to go is to eat a healthy diet and get plenty of exercise. Read the side effects of Calamus Root - link below:-

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-778/calamus
HDog455
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 93

Postby Calamusconcerns » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:21 am

Thanks for your reply! I ended up not using the calamus, you’re probably right. My thinking was that substances got me into this mess, it would make sense for substances to get me out. Not so, haha. Feeling better each day provided i get enough sleep and eat healthy enough, think I’ll stick to that.
Calamusconcerns

Likes Received: 1