I want to meet new people and get into a relationship?

Postby mmacc2011 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:02 pm

Hi,

I posted a little bit back about feeling happy alone, and I feel I can be - if I have my own plans and I'm busy I very much enjoy a weekend, or evenings by myself? I even go off places by myself now, go running by myself and go for a coffee by myself sometimes with a magazine.

What gets me is my mates are all showing signs of drifting and getting into relationships, and I don't seem to have anyone I am remotely interested in. I'd like to get into a relationship but no-one fits what I am looking for, but I am in an office job, and generally not massive on the late night weekend drinking that seems to get most people meeting new people. I find myself being ditched on last minute by close friends because they'd rather spend that time with their other half or other half to be. Is that fair? Should I take that? Should I make the effort to make time for them, when their other half isn't about and they want to pick me back up?

I want to meet new people in my town, so I don't feel so lonely while my friends are moving away. How would I go about this too? And assuming that I hate online dating, how would you go about finding someone? I'm not very confident going out on my own to bars and pubs?

Cheers.
mmacc2011

Likes Received: 1

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:07 am

Join clubs, volunteer, take a community college course. You run, so sign up for a 5k, join a running club.

And yes, it is perfectly fair for your mates to want to spend less time with you and more time with their significant others. Make time for them or don't, they don't care as you are not their focus. It isn't about fair, it is about the natural progression of life. People grow up, form new relationships and move on.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1095