Anxiety caused by quitting marijuana

Postby powerathlete9 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:18 pm

Hi everyone,

So I was a heavy smoker for about the last 9 months and had been on and off smoking heavily for the last year and a half. I quit 40 days ago today, and it has been a living nightmare.

The first week wasn't too bad, it wasn't until day 10 that I started feeling awful. Numbness on the left side of my body, pulsing headache, feeling weak on my left side, insomnia, heart palpitations. You name it I experienced it. So this prompted me to go to the Hospital, and I had every test under the sun ran on me.

Obviously everything came back perfectly healthy. So the last week and a half I have been feeling much more normal but I keep getting spurts of pure anxiety out of nowhere. Heart starts thumping hard, light headed, depersonalization.

I've been just trying to tough this out, but I'm curious if anyone can relate to what I'm experiencing and also give me an idea if this will be permanent or will I begin feeling human completely again.

any insight or stories are appreciated and I am really grateful for you reading mine and helping in advanced!

God bless!
powerathlete9

Likes Received: 1

Postby handheart » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:52 am

Well i read also bad results after you quit marijuana and its because the toxins from marijuana are in your blood and when you quit smoking you start to feel badly .You must to make a detoxification of your organism and this program will help you
handheart

Likes Received: 14

Postby powerathlete9 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:20 am

bump :)
powerathlete9

Postby NoProblem » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:31 am

Swing over to the 'Addictions' board. There are a tonne of posts from people in similar situations including myself as a result of smoking and quitting marijuana. Plenty of help there! I can definitely relate as I am currently recovering myself and went through the exact same symptoms.
NoProblem

Likes Received: 9

Postby Shoegazer93 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:55 am

Hey man, congrats on quitting pot. I started smoking at 14 1/2 years old, and did not stop until I was 22 and a half. I started smoking everyday almost all day from 16-22. I have quit for 5 months now, and on the 26th of this month it will be six months. The first three months are hell, but just bear with it things get slowly better. Everyone is different but if you have things to do like school, work, or hobbies it will be easier for you. Eventually your symptoms will subside near 90 days at least the physical ones. Weed can take up to 100 days to leave your system if you are a heavy smoker.

You are better off not smoking weed! You will sometimes feel like life was more enjoyable high or that you were happier, but being dependent on a drug is never happiness. It traps you and makes you okay with doing nothing. It does get slowly better, but at times it can take 2 years to feel right again, although I attribute that you other factors such as relationships, getting older, work, school, stress. The more you fill your time and believe that you can beat paws the better you will be. If you think negatively and that PAWS has control over you it will not be fun. I let PAWS control me for a few months and once I finally accepted that I was feeling better and filling my time with productive things I felt much better. However, eating healthy and keeping yourself stimulated is extremely important. Don't let stoners tell you pot is good for you, the only time it is good is if you have seizures or cancer or major pain.
Shoegazer93

Postby powerathlete9 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:48 am

Thanks for the response man and the insight! I'm getting ahold of the PAWS and I know I can get through this. I don't plan on smoking again and I knowill I'm better off without the stuff! I was never a smoker before and had only began smoking after I had a knee surgery, I just let it spiral out of control from there.

It's nice to read that I'm not the only one dealing with these symptoms and know that we will all make it out of this in the end, just Need to put our noses to the grind stone and take control!
powerathlete9