Weed Quit Me - Quit Diary

Postby Upstart » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:42 pm

30 Years old. Smoking since 17-18 Daily.

The past few months I have developed panic attacks while smoking. Becoming more frequent. Short bursts, mostly. Two horrible ones that feel like a heart attack. The second one is when I quit. I began a depression like I have never felt during that last week of smoking, leading up to the 2nd attack. Depression was so sudden and heavy. I still deal with it, it comes in waves but is mostly present. It feels like the depression was a result of ignoring the panics for 6 months.

I stopped for two weeks, feeling mostly depressed during that time. In desperation I finished a bowl and sent me off on the worst panic attack yet. I will never smoke again! I couldn't relapse if I wanted to. This began about three weeks ago, with that last smoke just about a week ago.

My appetite died when the depression came. Luckily, I had some good days where it came back, but it weaves in and out even though it seems to get better overall. Less forceful eating. I seem to be at ease in the evenings. Sleep is even getting better in just few weeks, but mornings are usually depressing. I had 3-4 ok mornings in the last 3 weeks. Today was ok.

I have been devouring posts by the successful recover-ers and thought it would be good to use this forum as a diary. Here goes nothing....Godspeed everyone.
Upstart

Likes Received: 5

Postby Marais » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:02 pm

There are forums designed specificaly for making people stop smoke or deal with this kind of issue after stopping smoking. There is not so much smokers on these forums and best thing i can tell you wont really help you.
Register on smoking forum aswell and maybe people there can help you better with addiction.
Marais

Likes Received: 6

Postby carbonicfiber » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:09 am

I smoked since i was 18, everyday 4-6 times a day and never have had a problem up until now i quit a few weeks ago and it has been very hard for me to live with the symptoms. I have been in alot of physiological, and psychological pain. I have tremors and muscle twitching, blurred vision in right eye, dry eyes, pressure behind right eye, sometimes one pupil is larger than the other. For a short time a bit of acid re flux which has now subsided. Anxiety is the though the roof on and off with occasional depression and inability to focus. dizziness/balance problems and the thoughts that i have every neurological disease in the book, which ill be seeing a neurologist tomorrow just in case. Im now a Hypochondriac who googles every symptom which only brings up my anx more. Hang in there, its a rough ride but can be done if you know what is happening to you.
carbonicfiber

Likes Received: 0

Postby Upstart » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:39 pm

It was rough but I haven’t smoked since! Feeling great! Have a wife and son now.

Only some manageable lingering issues. Hang in there! It’s so worth it.

Some lesser discussed things to try:

Turmeric with black pepper In food or supplements (BDNF).
Sprinting or other HIIT exercises (BDNF).
Sun and Vitamin D.
Probiotics supplement or in food (Gut health).
Smoothies daily (homemade With fruit and veggies).

I’m not a doctor, just anecdotal experience.
Upstart

Likes Received: 5

Postby tokes » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:48 am

Heart attack like panic attacks is what set me off as well. Practically impossible to return to weed ever. The intense fear and dread that you're about to die is enough to put anyone off. I'm 2.9 years into my quit now and apart from some occasional heart palpitations, I'm mostly symptom free. Hang on in there you'll make it through to the other side.
tokes

Likes Received: 33

Postby PAWSBOOK » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:38 am

Upstart wrote:It was rough but I haven’t smoked since! Feeling great! Have a wife and son now.

Only some manageable lingering issues. Hang in there! It’s so worth it.

Some lesser discussed things to try:

Turmeric with black pepper In food or supplements (BDNF).
Sprinting or other HIIT exercises (BDNF).
Sun and Vitamin D.
Probiotics supplement or in food (Gut health).
Smoothies daily (homemade With fruit and veggies).

I’m not a doctor, just anecdotal experience.

Magnesium is a must as well
PAWSBOOK

Likes Received: 1

Postby Dale_znovic » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:08 am

for anyone sees this post if you are suffering from weed addiction, i would highly recommend you to go see a theraphist
Dale_znovic

Likes Received: 1