2 and a half years ish

Postby Broken stoner » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:50 am

Well guys I've made it 2 and a half years and I feel as a lot of my symptoms had vanished I still have social anxiety a lot and I have trouble with eye contact when I have conversations sometimes expecislly if its a cute girl, I still have brain fog and And sometimes I feel like I'm trapped in the body of the person I used to be, I went through some traumatic sh** when I had that panic attack, the thing is I can live like this but I'm still depressed a little and I don't know if this is just me now or if things will get better often I feel hopeless and just suck it up as I feel it's my fault and I take responsibility I have terrible memory and I'm only 20 I surely hope this sh** don't affect me for the rest of my life, 4 years of everyday smoking 14-18 might of messed up some brain development or something, my vision is like looking through a piece of broken glass 70% of the time but I'm positive I'll eventually rewire and have some clarity one day, I have become so used to this feeling and have fragments and moments of clartiy for a few hours not everyday and I feel so positive and tell myself i better enjoy these moments as they come it's seems there is very few tho. Btw I love everyone here and wish you guys the best of luck it takes a lot to change even when you didn't want to!!!
-Broken Boy out
-2016 weed free
Broken stoner

Likes Received: 41

Postby yayada65 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:17 pm

Hi bro i'm 2 years clean and if i would have posted something about my current situation it would have been something quite similar to your post. I'm far from recovered and anxiety is still there.
It's tough but as you said i'm used to this now and i just hope that in 6 months it will be better. I'm 19 btw. Peace bro.
yayada65

Likes Received: 6

Postby JuliusFawcett » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:10 pm

Are you ready to let go of the past and forgive yourself. This could be key for you, it reads like you could be easier on yourself.
JuliusFawcett

Likes Received: 552

Postby slick_willy » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:24 am

Sup broken stoner and yada yada. Thank you guys for sharing your honest experience. I am at 6 months and honestly am hoping to see some move improvement over the next few months, and sometimes reading things like this is scary as hell but it is necessary to realize the nature of the whole situation.

You guys are both still really young and your brains will keep growing and changing through your 20's. I wouldn't be surprised if you have depression/anxiety a good part of the time but didn't notice it at other times. For me, even though I don't feel depressed or anxious all the time, every day has its battles. They say that 2 years is how long it takes for everyone to heal up but we are all different and have different backgrounds. I know you guys probably did a lot of the right things like exercise and all that, but I think that sobriety is like a continuing theme for us, like we have to KEEP exercising and KEEP working toward feeling good, maybe we don't just get to a point where it feels like it used to.

Honestly I still have a ways to go although things are much, much better now. I hope you guys see more improvements and are back to normal before too much longer.
slick_willy

Likes Received: 57

Postby netty28661 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:39 am

Hi slick, It definitely took me 2 years & I was still seeing subtle improvements up to 3 years. Having said that it was the first year that was the worst for me, it was horrendous, but everyone is different & at 6 months you're well on the way!

Keep it up, it's well worth it.
Jannette
netty28661
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 59

Postby Flucktoo » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:12 pm

netty28661 wrote:Hi slick, It definitely took me 2 years & I was still seeing subtle improvements up to 3 years. Having said that it was the first year that was the worst for me, it was horrendous, but everyone is different & at 6 months you're well on the way!

Keep it up, it's well worth it.
Jannette

I started at 15 and quit 4 months in. Really f***ing scared things won't revert. Do you feel fully recovered?
Flucktoo

Likes Received: 1

Postby Flucktoo » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:03 pm

Broken stoner wrote:Well guys I've made it 2 and a half years and I feel as a lot of my symptoms had vanished I still have social anxiety a lot and I have trouble with eye contact when I have conversations sometimes expecislly if its a cute girl, I still have brain fog and And sometimes I feel like I'm trapped in the body of the person I used to be, I went through some traumatic sh** when I had that panic attack, the thing is I can live like this but I'm still depressed a little and I don't know if this is just me now or if things will get better often I feel hopeless and just suck it up as I feel it's my fault and I take responsibility I have terrible memory and I'm only 20 I surely hope this sh** don't affect me for the rest of my life, 4 years of everyday smoking 14-18 might of messed up some brain development or something, my vision is like looking through a piece of broken glass 70% of the time but I'm positive I'll eventually rewire and have some clarity one day, I have become so used to this feeling and have fragments and moments of clartiy for a few hours not everyday and I feel so positive and tell myself i better enjoy these moments as they come it's seems there is very few tho. Btw I love everyone here and wish you guys the best of luck it takes a lot to change even when you didn't want to!!!
-Broken Boy out
-2016 weed free

Hey man hope you're doing well. I'm very early into recovery and I also didn't smoke a lot for long, but I have trouble thinking straight and do have some pretty nasty brain fog. If you don't mind me asking, how much weed did you smoke a week, and what did you do during the recovery to help it? :)
Flucktoo

Likes Received: 1

Postby netty28661 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:47 am

Hi flucktoo,
I'm absolutely fine, normal & happy to the extent it's almost as if that was another person that I barely remember & I was using for around 10 years. I quit 5 years ago last April. It's the best thing I ever did quitting.

You're young, you have your whole life ahead so live it & just take it as a well learned lesson into not using drugs.

Good luck
Jannette
netty28661
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 59