Anxiety and Food

Postby potatank » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:52 pm

Its thanksgiving here. I ate a truck load of turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie. All but the turkey are whats knows as high histamine foods and cause problems. Today, I have a tough time breathing, I have severe restless leg and restless body syndrome, Im lethargic beyond belief and sore sore sore.

These are all side effects of eating too much high histamine food. If you feel like sh** and have these types of symptoms, look into high histamine food, histamine causing foods and food allergies. This is a real issue that many people probably dont realize exists and blame it on "I feel like sh**"

I learned that a majority of my anxiety in the past was food allergy and other allergy related. When I figured this out and took appropriate steps 95% of my anxiety was gone, only coming back when I go out of scope and pig out like I did. But the food was good and I know I will feel better tomorrow
potatank

Likes Received: 1

Postby onioncrafty » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 am

I always say, if you feel that there is something wrong, see your doctor.
onioncrafty

Likes Received: 3

Postby lunatcy » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:55 am

Personally i havent looked into high histamine foods, but personally my triggers for anxiety are gluten, dairy, anything that is high in carbs, as that produces a high insulin response followed by a sugre of adeenalin, and after that, a sugar crash and extreme fatique.
i personally think that diet has everything to do with anxiety, it is just overlooked, because its way easier to just sell us medicine, than to let people know the real causes of anxiety, which all it realy is is just a tired body and mind.
lunatcy

Postby potatank » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:53 pm

onioncrafty wrote:I always say, if you feel that there is something wrong, see your doctor.

theres nothing wrong, I ate like a pig the wrong foods
I wont go to the doctor every time I think theres a blip on my radar. I have absolutely no fear of dying and I think that has really helped me overcome panic, anxiety and other issues. Id pretty much have to be 99% dead to go to the doctor
potatank

Postby potatank » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:55 pm

lunatcy wrote:Personally i havent looked into high histamine foods, but personally my triggers for anxiety are gluten, dairy, anything that is high in carbs, as that produces a high insulin response followed by a sugre of adeenalin, and after that, a sugar crash and extreme fatique.
i personally think that diet has everything to do with anxiety, it is just overlooked, because its way easier to just sell us medicine, than to let people know the real causes of anxiety, which all it realy is is just a tired body and mind.

I wish I could take your post and show it to everyone on the planet with anxiety. You are so on the ball with this you are my hero for a day. 90% of my anxiety issues were related to food choices, and once I corrected those the anxiety was gone. It only arose when I overate the wrong foods.

Awesome post by you
potatank